Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Weight Loss Progress Finished

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Good job, went from 230 all the way to 155 pounds back in the summer of 2013 and haven't gained the weight since.
    That's incredibly impressive

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

i was 199 and now am 194.

dam i'm good

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Good job OP

I'm currently 6 feet 184 pounds, my goal is to get down to 170 before I start hitting the gym and building muscle

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Good job, went from 230 all the way to 155 pounds back in the summer of 2013 and haven't gained the weight since.
    Nice what did you do to lose all that weight?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    155 is small af. How tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Good job OP

I'm currently 6 feet 184 pounds, my goal is to get down to 170 before I start hitting the gym and building muscle
    I'm exactly the same but 170 is way too low for me, than I'm just skinny. 5-7 pounds would set me right, then just need a bit more tone. I still run, but it's hard right during corona season.

Good job OP

This is a good approach: Lose weight first. Then hit the gym.

Sorting out your food discipline and understanding exactly how much food you actually need, what a caloric deficit really is, and having the freaking pure force of will to shed weight is the best foundation.

I am 6 feet and I've recently been down to 160. But I have a small frame (Ectomorph). If you have more of a normal frame, 170 is plenty light. Getting below 15% body fat is where the real knowledge starts in any case. The basic way that I know when I am getting down to a low percentage is when the veins in my arms start showing. Especially the one that come down along the top of the bicep. If that's popping, you are fairly ripped.

Good job OP

Who says you can't get there without hitting weights? Build lean muscle. It a natural fat burner

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Who says you can't get there without hitting weights? Build lean muscle. It a natural fat burner
    How?

How?
    Programs are everywhere on Youtube.

Grab a pair of dumbells and start working on your back, legs, arms and shoulders. Get acclimated w/ some kind of routine and stick with it. Adjust and add more weight to your equipment once the workout is too easy. Hateraid is right that you actually burn more calories by having more muscle mass. So whatever it is that you're doing, stick with it but add more protein (quality) to your diet.

You're 6 foot and 180? Since you're a beginner, you could probably do maintenance calories and STILL build muscle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Nice what did you do to lose all that weight?
    Lots of running, talking 4-5 miles a day 6 days a week.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller View Post
    155 is small af. How tall are you?
    5'10". I'm currently 165.

Keto is my go-to: extreme low carb, mild fat - high protein. 2-3 months hyper strict with zero cheat days

Gains are noticeable quick but it's hard to push past that first couple weeks of fatigue until you reach ketosis and the body starts burning stored fat instead of glucose.

Only downside is you bounce back fast if you don't slowly wean back into a normal healthy diet.

I have to completely cut off milk products also, no dairy. Only sharp cheddar in omelettes

That's the hard part

The fun part

HITT weight training and cardio. Very little rest inbetween sets, no days off. If the gym is closed find some heavy objects to pick up and put down, you're own body weight as resistance. Switch n swap routine however, doesn't matter if you stick to it for 3-12 months you're getting results

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    Programs are everywhere on Youtube.

Grab a pair of dumbells and start working on your back, legs, arms and shoulders. Get acclimated w/ some kind of routine and stick with it. Adjust and add more weight to your equipment once the workout is too easy. Hateraid is right that you actually burn more calories by having more muscle mass. So whatever it is that you're doing, stick with it but add more protein (quality) to your diet.

You're 6 foot and 180? Since you're a beginner, you could probably do maintenance calories and STILL build muscle.
    Yh I aim for around 80g of protein a day on average

I have 5kg dumbbells at home which I do light workouts with

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    Keto is my go-to: extreme low carb, mild fat - high protein. 2-3 months hyper strict with zero cheat days

Gains are noticeable quick but it's hard to push past that first couple weeks of fatigue until you reach ketosis and the body starts burning stored fat instead of glucose.

Only downside is you bounce back fast if you don't slowly wean back into a normal healthy diet.

I have to completely cut off milk products also, no dairy. Only sharp cheddar in omelettes

That's the hard part

The fun part

HITT weight training and cardio. Very little rest inbetween sets, no days off. If the gym is closed find some heavy objects to pick up and put down, you're own body weight as resistance. Switch n swap routine however, doesn't matter if you stick to it for 3-12 months you're getting results
    Keto alongside intermittent fasting is the best way to lose weight but it's extremely hard if you're accustomed to eating carbs.