Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Be honest, did you think LeBron would be this good in 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Wade, Bosh, Allen, and refs made it all possible.
    pure

I rule the local playground

I thought he'd be better too.

The way he was hyped into the sky, i would have thought he'd rack up 70 pt games, average a triple double in his prime, and do things that get people talking for months, and not in a negative sense like the Decision or his meltdown against the Celtics. Remember when Shaq came into the league? He brought a lot of excitement into the league and did incredible things and smashed backboards, etc. that were really memorable. And Lebron was hyped even harder than Shaq.

Lebron? All his fans keep spouting efficiency numbers. Hey, you know what, shooting 57% for a month is not something that burns into your brain as sports legend. What remarkable feats has he done that will be recalled 10-15 years from now? He's had some great performances, but nothing that will stand out much i think. Magic announced his presence with a BANG in his rookie Finals playing center. Jordan has amazing feat after amazing feat. Kobe has his 81 pt game and 35.4 average year. Lebron has 56% shooting to boast about.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I think that's doing a disservice to a pre-injury Hill, who was a beast. A more athletic Hill is a very good description of what Lebron is now.
    Lebron and Grant Hill play nothing alike outside of being all around players.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I said here in 2003 he would put up at least 15/5/5 as a rookie and got called an idiot for it.

Plenty of people here were acting like he was gonna be good...but nothing special.

If you polled ISH then and said would Lebron have 4 MVPs and 2 rings before he turned 30 you would have been clowned just for asking

Old ISH ezboard posts on Lebron:

Da KO King
    High School Varsity Star
    (2/19/03 2:43 pm)
    Reply Re: hmm
    He will be a superstar the same way Darius Miles is a superstar. He will dunk on someone and people will say that makes him good.

TheKingOfVa
    Strong playground player
    (9/10/03 12:00 pm)
    Reply Re: lebron
    he will be iight not a 30pts 6 ast 6 reb guy like Kobe and T-mac now. He will be a bust as the number 1 probably but end up to be a decent 14 pts 3 ast 7 reb Lamar Odom type guy. This is just my guess.

chingchongchinaman
    NBA Superstar
    (7/26/02 1:47 pm)
    Reply hmm
    My only gripe with LEBRON is that from the dunks i have seen etc. HE is not really that athletic. NOt sure if he can do well in the pros..hope he does though.

playground834
    NBA Starter
    (7/26/02 11:27 am)
    Re: Will Lebron James be a bust...
    Take over the league with a shoot-first mentality on a crappy team. Realises he isn't going to win championships that way after awhile, so changes his game. Basically I see him on the same par as Jerry Stackhouse.

bballguru
    High School Varsity
    (7/26/02 10:58 am)
    Reply lebron
    harold miner material.

Get off the wagon............he's not going to be a household name, because of image already. Can a superstar just not have tattoes anymore? America wants a jordan type image not a tattoed up freak with a wack nose.

People now act like they knew.

But we were pretty divided.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I said here in 2003 he would put up at least 15/5/5 as a rookie and got called an idiot for it.

Plenty of people here were acting like he was gonna be good...but nothing special.

If you polled ISH then and said would Lebron have 4 MVPs and 2 rings before he turned 30 you would have been clowned just for asking

Great post. I remember a ton of people saying LBJ was going to be a bust and that Melo would be better

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

They were talking about him like he was going to not just be as good as Jordan but even better and the number 1 reason was that as a teenager he already had the body of a man and so was just going to fill out even more as he grew up. Before and since you just don't see HS kids looking like he did. He is obviously a genetic freak. I didn't believe it at the time, that all you needed was big bones and some muscles to play in the NBA but the scouts were right.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    I didn't believe it at the time, that all you needed was big bones and some muscles to play in the NBA but the scouts were right.
    yup thats the only reason Lebron is good. muscles. Great insight.

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

some of those posters were the worst ish had to offer

da ko king? garbage

i fell into the hype right away. after the first game is when i knew

Local High School Star

Yeh, I was a fan since before he was drafted and you could tell from his abilities and his work ethic he was going to be an all time great.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    They were talking about him like he was going to not just be as good as Jordan but even better and the number 1 reason was that as a teenager he already had the body of a man and so was just going to fill out even more as he grew up. Before and since you just don't see HS kids looking like he did. He is obviously a genetic freak. I didn't believe it at the time, that all you needed was big bones and some muscles to play in the NBA but the scouts were right.
    You're a ****ing dumbass, go kill yourself