Default What does LOU WILLIAMS have to do to be a hall of famer..or is it possible?

What more does the greatest 6th man of all time have to do to make it to the hall of fame in your opinion or at this point in his career its not possible?

Default Re: What does LOU WILLIAMS have to do to be a hall of famer..or is it possible?

Three 6MoY, all time leading bench scorer.

He has an argument, however, is far from a lock. If he can win a ring, I think it propels him.

Banned

Default Re: What does LOU WILLIAMS have to do to be a hall of famer..or is it possible?

to be a hall of famer you either need like 5-6 allstar games

2-3 allstar games and a shit ton of rings with a major award

or a bunch of international success

lou has none of these things

he would need to win the championship as finals mvp this year and make the next 2 allstar games to make it

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

He has an argument, however, is far from a lock. If he can win a ring, I think it propels him.

He...really doesnt have an argument. I like most do respect Lou...hes just not going to or even getting close to the hall of fame.

Jamal Crawford has 3 6th man of the year awards and has outscored most of the hall of fame. Literally. Jamal Crawford is just shy of top 50 all time on the scoring list(51st) ahead of a lot of legends. Hes 6 thousand points ahead of Jermaine Oneal who played like 18 years. Jamal was giving buckets for a long long time.

But guys like he and Lou dont go to the hall of fame without an insane college or international career. And Lou came right from high school.

A 6th man who makes it are the guys who proved to be way more than that but only benched due to the insane talent on their legendary teams. Mchale. Worthy. Hondo. Billy Cunningham.

Lou doesnt deserve it as much as Detlef really. He was an all time great 6th man. People choose not to acknowledge it but people had the Pacers as his team when Reggie was well into his career. Detlef was like a 20/10/5 6th man. 2 time 6th man award winner. All nba on the Sonics later.

Lou is nice...hes just not at the top of that list.

Lou is the modern Ricky Pierce. Except Ricky was an all star off the bench. Same situation though. You would want to give him the spot on sentiment like a "This guy has been busting his ass for years..." all star selection. Id sign off since we are just handing them out to old guys out of respect now.

Not to compare Lou to Dirk and Wade of course....just saying. If we are giving out "Feel good" all star spots...Lou can get one from me.

I love these prisoner of the moment way over the top topics.

Lou has averaged 14 ppg, 2 rpg, 2 apg over his career on pedestrian FG% (42.1, 34.9, 83.9). He's never made an all star game. He's been trash in the play offs except this year.

The one great thing that Lou is doing that hardly ever happens is such an amazing late career surge.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

Jamal Crawford has 3 6MoY and his career averages are nearly identical to Lou's. Do you consider Crawford a HoF?

Very good NBA starter

Where does vinny Johnson rank?
    Jamal crawford?

All guys were guards that werent stars but any given night could score elite.

Lou is not a HOF. Let's stop it guys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

There is nothing he can do. He has zero chance at making the hof.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    There is nothing he can do. He has zero chance at making the hof.
    He’s better than LeBron according to superduperdumb.

Sixth men don't make the HOF wtf

Normally, nothing he can do.

But if we're to make exceptional scenarios, perhaps Lou can donate all of his salary for basketball charity. Maybe sell his houses and cars for this purpose too. After he's 'poor', he can visit war torn countries in Africa to devote his life towards charity and basketball scholarships. It would better his chance tremendously if he dies tragically during all these humanitarian efforts. Perhaps by one of the war lords in Africa while protecting a village. I think this would be enough to get him into the HOF.

Is Jason Terry a hall of famer?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Have three girlfriends instead of two.

[QUOTE=RRR3]He

I love Lou Will. He

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He passed Dell curry and I bet if there was a trivia without multiple choice being the answers no one would have guessed he was the top guy. Majority here even the great Kblaze wouldn’t know.
    I must admit when I heard he had the record all my guesses for who had it first were wrong. I thought of like 5 waaaaaaaaaaaay better players than Dell Curry who all started too many games after years on the bench. I distinctly remember thinking "Dell ****ing Curry?" when I saw it.