Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #2 Kobe Bryant vs Magic Johnson.

Still filling in for GOAT till he returns. Last vote was 10-2 for Kobe.

Make your arguments here for the next 48 hours on rather Kobe or Magic should advance and continue to move higher on the list. Put the players name you are voting for in BOLD so I don't miss it when I tally. The loser of this poll will be ranked #3 in our project.

Only members listed on the project roster will have their votes counted. Anyone may add their opinion and or argument as long as it's constructive. Our roster is now finalized. If you like the project and think you can make it better please add your opinion. If you'd like to join in the forwards, centers or all-time top 67 project, please let GOAT know via PM. The Final Roster is listed below....

The Roster

L.Kizzle
    ThaSwagg3r
    Rose
    WillC
    G.O.A.T
    1987 Lakers
    neyca
    Toizumi
    Shaqattack3234
    Magnax1
    RobertdeMeijer
    nycelt84
    KGMN
    SteveNashMVPcro

Crossover (added after initial vote)
    bizil (added after initial vote)
    Boston C's (added at #20)
    Gotterdammerung (added at #17)
    SuperPippen (added at #14)
    Big164 (added at #13)
    Droid101 (added at #11)
    D.J. (added at #11)
    Miller for 3 (added at #10)
    Odinn (added at #9)
    OmniStrife (added at #9)
    HylianNightmare (added at #9)
    Pushxx (added at #9)
    MasterDurant24 (added at #9)
    Clippersfan86 (added at #9)

ThaRegul8r (contributor)
    NugzHeat3 (contributor)
    Psileas (contributor)
    alexandreben (contributor)
    EricForman (contributor)

15 seasons
    2008 NBA MVP
    13x all-NBA(1 3rd...did not exist in Jerry Wests day)
    11x All-defensive
    13x all-star(no ASG in 1999)
    4x ASG MVP
    5x NBA Champion
    2X Finals MVP
    2x scoring leader(top three in 6 seasons)
    28.5-6-5 averages over 11 year prime
    25/5/5 career average in the playoffs

vs

13 seasons(well...12 plus 36 games in 96)
    3 time NBA MVP
    10x all-NBA
    12x all-star(including 1992...when he was not in the NBA)
    2x ASG MVP
    5x NBA Champion
    3X Finals MVP
    2X steals leader
    4x assist leader(top 2 10 seasons in a row)
    20-12-7 averages over 10 year prime
    19-11-7 career average in the playoffs

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #2 Kobe Bryant vs Magic Johnson.

Though my vote does not count, Magic Johnson.

He is the Lakers, really. From the smile, showtime, winning culture, clutch, and all-around greatness.

Not to mention, Kobe idolized Magic growing up. Heard also broke down when he retired from the Lakers when he had to retire from the whole HIV thing, on Beyond the Glory.

On a side note, it's crazy to see the number 2,3, and 4 spots all filled up by Laker legends.

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #2 Kobe Bryant vs Magic Johnson.

you dont even have to make this thread when u know the answer (magic)... what is there to debate?

which lunatic DARES to debate this?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    you dont even have to make this thread when u know the answer (magic)... what is there to debate?

which lunatic DARES to debate this?
    Vanessa Bryant (aka her many accounts here from Jacks3 to legend 24, etc...)

Banned

Haha, Haters are so quick on Kobe treads.

Lets ask Magic himself what he thinks but of course Haters know more about basketball then the stars themselves.

Let the Hate begin.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    Haha, Haters are so quick on Kobe treads.

Lets ask Magic himself what he thinks but of course Haters know more about basketball then the stars themselves.

Let the Hate begin.
    Nothing to hate. It's obvious Magic will just win this one.

I'll let their resumes and big time moments speak for themeselves.

Kobe crushes Magic defensively... Magic with a smaller edge on offense

Add to that Kobe's superior longevity and the idea that Magic is an obvious winner on this is silly.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Magic Johnson

tbh to me kobe just doesn't have a case, there is nothing wrong with being behind jordan and magic

Too predictable. Kobe #3. Magic #2. Jordan #1.

Maybe people can vote Kobe #2 so he can go up against MJ?

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Too predictable. Kobe #3. Magic #2. Jordan #1.

Maybe people can vote Kobe #2 so he can go up against MJ?
    That is what I am going to do but I want to come up with reasons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    That is what I am going to do but I want to come up with reasons and such.
    Its pretty simple. One guy played defense at all league level and one didn't. One player won 5 rings with only 1 HOF teammate per title team and one didn't. One player had more all league seasons and all star seasons and one didn't. Outside of being skilled at avoiding the petty hate that Kobe was able to attract for the last decade what exactly is it about Magic's resume that beats Kobe? A couple more MVPs? One more Finals MVP? That beats 11 years of all league defense? That beats 3 more years of all nba level play? That beats what should be 3 more years of all star level play?

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Its pretty simple. One guy played defense at all league level and one didn't. One player won 5 rings with only 1 HOF teammate per title team and one didn't. One player had more all league seasons and all star seasons and one didn't. Outside of being skilled at avoiding the petty hate that Kobe was able to attract for the last decade what exactly is it about Magic's resume that beats Kobe? A couple more MVPs? One more Finals MVP?
    You're an idiot, you're one of the reasons why I am thinking about not arguing for Kobe.

You're an idiot, you're one of the reasons why I am thinking about not arguing for Kobe.
    Good counter point. The way you articulate your viewpoint is really intelligent and convincing.

ThaSwagg3r

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Good counter point. The way you articulate your viewpoint is really intelligent and convincing.
    Yep.

How many MVPs does Magic have and how many does Kobe have? How many Finals MVPs does Magic have and how many does have?

Yep.

How many MVPs does Magic have and how many does Kobe have? How many Finals MVPs does Magic have and how many does have?
    If only your reading comprehension was on par with your childish name calling

Its pretty simple. One guy played defense at all league level and one didn't. One player won 5 rings with only 1 HOF teammate per title team and one didn't. One player had more all league seasons and all star seasons and one didn't. Outside of being skilled at avoiding the petty hate that Kobe was able to attract for the last decade what exactly is it about Magic's resume that beats Kobe? A couple more MVPs? One more Finals MVP? That beats 11 years of all league defense? That beats 3 more years of all nba level play? That beats what should be 3 more years of all star level play?