Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Rajon Rondo - When will he get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    He's not trading Rondo for the sake of trading Rondo. Unless someone throws a killer deal Danny's way (and they won't), Rondo's staying.
    Do you think Smart and Rondo both can play? I always thought they picked Smart because they knew Rondo is gone next year.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Do you think Smart and Rondo both can play? I always thought they picked Smart because they knew Rondo is gone next year.
    Rondo could be a mentor for Smart this year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    He's not trading Rondo for the sake of trading Rondo. Unless someone throws a killer deal Danny's way (and they won't), Rondo's staying.
    Why do Boston fans still think Rondo is untradeable or is only worth equal value?

Only way I see him as untradeable or only for equal is because other teams see him as an injury-prone PG who can't shoot. Not because he's the greatest point guard of all-time like many Celtics homers seem to see him as.
    Last edited by DMV2; 10-22-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Why do Boston fans still think Rondo is untradeable or is only worth equal value?

I only way I see him as untradeable for equal is because other teams see him as an injury-prone PG who can't shoot. Not because he's the greatest point guard of all-time like many Celtics homers seem to see him as.
    No one is untradeable, but as previously stated, they're not gonna trade him just to trade him.

He's still fairly young and can be part of the next contending C's team if Ainge can swing a couple of big moves.

He'll be a FA soon though, so they better get on that. Do the Knicks have anything for him? I would probably go with the Smith/Jennings deal if all else fails.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

He's going to be tough to re-sign, so I'm sure there's some feeling of wanting to get something for him before he walks.

I know something built around Greg Monroe has been tossed around, but that seems unlikely from a C's perspective at this point.

And I know this one has been tossed around too. Rondo to Sacramento for Stauskus and a pick, or McLemore and a pick, and cap filler. Problem there is that Sacramento would have to work out an extension I'm not sure they'd be able to get prior to the trade. They may be crazy enough to try it though, thinking if they could make a run with him, and having the right to overpay him, they'd be able to woo him. The player they'd give up would be a duplicate, and the pick I'm sure they'd protect to be late lottery at best.

I'm not sure where I'd fall on that deal. My gut says I'd take it as a C's guy. Turn things over to Smart, McLemore/Stauskus, James Young, and Avery Bradley on the perimeter.

I also think the C's will, while not being good, be a pain in the ass this year. Rondo, Smart, and Bradley will just be annoying as hell to handle the ball against.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    He's going to be tough to re-sign, so I'm sure there's some feeling of wanting to get something for him before he walks.

I know something built around Greg Monroe has been tossed around, but that seems unlikely from a C's perspective at this point.

And I know this one has been tossed around too. Rondo to Sacramento for Stauskus and a pick, or McLemore and a pick, and cap filler. Problem there is that Sacramento would have to work out an extension I'm not sure they'd be able to get prior to the trade. They may be crazy enough to try it though, thinking if they could make a run with him, and having the right to overpay him, they'd be able to woo him. The player they'd give up would be a duplicate, and the pick I'm sure they'd protect to be late lottery at best.

I'm not sure where I'd fall on that deal. My gut says I'd take it as a C's guy. Turn things over to Smart, McLemore/Stauskus, James Young, and Avery Bradley on the perimeter.

I also think the C's will, while not being good, be a pain in the ass this year. Rondo, Smart, and Bradley will just be annoying as hell to handle the ball against.
    If the Celtics wanted a massive salary dump we could just swap Gay (expiring)/Mclemore for Rondo/Green that way since Rondo is not resigning in Sacramento we at least get a non idiot SF in Green to compensate and with Staskus we need need Mclemore anyway (Boston gets him). But giving both up without moving Gay is basically giving up 2 draft picks for nothing since Rondo is not staying.

Edit
    Just saw you said another pick (which will be top 10) and nah if Sacramento does that, they have to be the stupidest organization ever, which they are not far off of already.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 10-22-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2

Only way I see him as untradeable or only for equal is because other teams see him as an injury-prone PG who can't shoot. Not because he's the greatest point guard of all-time like many Celtics homers seem to see him as.
    No one likes being stifled in a trade.

The Celtics also have 16 guarenteed contracts as of now. It's impossible to trade Rondo for mutiple pieces. If anything, the Celtics want to trade multiple pieces of their own for a bigger player. Because Rondo has lower interest from other teams, the Celtics have a better chance of resigning Rondo. That's why it's better to keep him unless a really good offer comes up.

never

I don't see how he has much value considering his contract, recent injuries, and he has yet to prove himself without a supporting cast.

rondo is most likely headed to sactown

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    rondo is most likely headed to sactown
    Smart Stauskas could be a really good backcourt, one plays defense and attacks the rim, the other is a knockdwon shooter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qywtv3x

Feltons contract has a player option, so basically the Celtics get 2 expiring contracts + 2015/2016 NR 1 Picks from the Mavs.

Is this enough for Rondo? Which team can offer them better deals?
    HOLYSHIT, OP !!!!

Felton is basically the same as Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    never