Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Everything that is Overrated (Breaking Bad and Marvel Studios)

I am currently watching Breaking Bad. I have a few friends that swear by it. And begged me to give it a shot.

I am 3 seasons deep, and I"m sorry but this show is terrible. So many plot contrivances, so many writing / character inconsistencies. Spotty acting.

And a protagonist that is completely un-likable (as is most of the cast) ... why are people all over this show's tip?

So much overacting, un-intentionally funny characters (the overly loving retarded son) ... I am amazed people consider this show a success. Like most television shows from networks not named HBO, they are horrendously cheesy. Another example: American Horror Story. The show completely sucked.

How dare anyone insinuate this is better than the Sopranos, the Wire, Oz, etc.

If anyone wants to chime in and enlighten me why they consider this series good, please do so.

But also, list something else you consider to be massively overrated. Another one for me is all Marvel Studio movies not the original Iron Man, and especially the Avengers.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Default Re: Everything that is Overrated (Breaking Bad and Marvel Studios)

Being different just because.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Being different just because.

I'm not being contrarian for the sake.

I gave you reasons.

I hate eating, sex, mary j, funny movies, and Olive Garden's breadsticks.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    "The Dark Knight" in particular. It is a solid comic book movie, but not nearly as good as most people make it out to be. I don't normally pay mind to IMDB ratings, but TDK being #7 out of every movie ever is just funny. Possibly the most overrated movie of all time.
    I don't agree with it being the 7th best movie of all time, that's ridiculous but LMAO @ the bold.

The rest I agree with, apart from the video game thing. I don't have time for that stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    1.The Dark Knight Trilogy. "The Dark Knight" in particular. It is a solid comic book movie, but not nearly as good as most people make it out to be. I don't normally pay mind to IMDB ratings, but TDK being #7 out of every movie ever is just funny. Possibly the most overrated movie of all time.

2. Cats. I like cats, but they are boring. They do something funny like once a day at the most.

3. Starbucks. It's mainly girls, but people fork out so much money weekly at starbucks, it doesn't even make sense.

4. Cable TV. I rarely watch TV outside of Sports games. The only TV show I actually watch is Adventure Time, and I usually watch it on the internet.

5. Emma Stone

6. The Uncharted games. Also the Bioshock, Call of Duty, and Assassins Creed games, but not as much Uncharted.
    I feel the same about those games, I like the storylines of Assassins Creed and Bioshock but I just can't get into the gameplay. I feel like I would like a Bioshock movie , animated or live action, but im never gonna try playing the games again.

democracy and freedom of choice

relaxtion

oxygen

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    oxygen
    Totally agree.

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

The Dark Knight for me definitely.

I get it, the Joker's insane but also makes a great point through his insanity BUT did they really need to play that dark damn music in literally EVERY SCENE he was in to convey that?

May seem like a small gripe but I'm into that and the soundtrack distracted the hell outta me after a while.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I smell a hipster. To call the acting bad in Breaking Bad is just false. Jessie\Walt might have the best chemistry on screen in TV. Play their characters perfectly. Gus was pretty awesome. Seen people complain about Skylar but really she's doing a great job of acting because she's got the bitch who you hate down to a tee. I'll give you Walt JR but even than I'm pretty sure the dude has a form of that disease in real life, obviously not as severe but plays a pretty believable handicap.

Honestly I'm not that big of a BB fan. Nowhere near as much as most people who want to claim it as the best TV series currently\one of the best all-time. Disagree with that. I can't see how you can deny the acting\writing tho. I get not liking it as much or not even liking the show at all, once you call it "terrible" screams trying to be different.

I like you don't like marvel movies, or even super hero movies in general beside the Dark Night. Just not my cup of tea and like somebody else just mentioned the rankings on IMDB blow my mind. I wouldn't call them terrible tho, because they're pretty well done movies filled with great actors. Hated Iron Man but Robert Downey nailed his character, just wasn't for me.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

You're in season 3, that's the reason. Get to season 4, finish it, and then get back here and talk about how much you dislike it.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I like you don't like marvel movies, or even super hero movies in general beside the Dark Night. Just not my cup of tea and like somebody else just mentioned the rankings on IMDB blow my mind. I wouldn't call them terrible tho, because they're pretty well done movies filled with great actors. Hated Iron Man but Robert Downey nailed his character, just wasn't for me.
    Nolan's movies blow away ANYTHING in the superhero movie genre. TDK meets every bit of it's hype. Begins has flaws, TDKR has flaws. But both those films are still very, very good. TDK is instant classic level greatness.

It's probably the best blockbuster of the decade. It's entertaining, yet very intelligent.

Iron Man was great because of Robert Downey Jr and Jeff Bridges. That's it. The rest of the Marvel Studio films aren't movies, they are commercials for the next film.

On their own merits they are average at best. Iron Man was the only one done with integrity, with a true character arc and resolution. IM 2 was bad, Thor was meh, and CA wasn't good. I don't buy the hype.

And no, not a hipster. Just opinions. Breaking Bad is nothing special, at least as I'm watching it currently. Not a single character is likable on the entire show, for me. Including Walter White. It's ridiculously slow building, and like I said a TON of overacting (mainly the antagonists) and many plot contrivances that scream lazy TV show writing.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Breaking Bad so I disagree with your OP.

I do find all the old superhero movies (Original Batman, Superman) to be some ass. For the Superhero brand, I find DC as a whole to be overrated. Other than Batman and a few other properties, they are awful compared to Marvel IMO.