Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Melo is one of the most underrated players in basketball

Lettuce discuss Melo the Point Forward.

28/7/4

Anyone with a brain who's watched at least one game has seen for themselves that Carnelo's game has blossomed this year. In prior years he has been labeled a ballstopper, but this year he transformed into a perimeter oriented facilitator. Melo has been running pick and rolls as the ballhandler, using it to slice up defenses with his penetration and distribute to Knicks shooters.

Melo is now a very willing passer. When faced with double teams he scans the floor and hits open guys. This is routine, folks.

- top 3 scorer
    - average defender (like Rose, Paul, Dirk)
    - good passer and facilitator
    - great rebounder for his position
    - clutchest mofo in league

Default Re: Melo is one of the most underrated players in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507

28/7/4

Anyone with a brain who's watched at least one game has seen for themselves that Carnelo's game has blossomed this year. In prior years he has been labeled a ballstopper, but this year he transformed into a perimeter oriented facilitator. Melo has been running pick and rolls as the ballhandler, using it to slice up defenses with his penetration and distribute to Knicks shooters.

Melo is now a very willing passer. When faced with double teams he scans the floor and hits open guys. This is routine, folks.

- top 3 scorer
    I was told Blake Griffin is DEFINATELY better. Now that poster hasnt presented an argument so maybe he had bad gas. Mexican beeze like dat some time holmes.

He's been playing very well this season.

He's not a black hole anymore,he tries to set up his teammates.
    Actually his assists numbers should be higher because his teammates were missing wide open,easy shots or got fouled instead of finishing.
    I say 28/7/6 should be about right.

From the start of the game he has been setting up his teammates and he was scoring timely buckets (game against the Knicks) and taking over in the 4th quarter (22 4th quarter points against the Bobcats,17 against the Celtics and 13 against the Raptors).

I can only say you this. Our record is not very good right now (2-4) but without Melo it would easily be 0-6.

i like the part where you said average defender like derrick rose.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Paul is a better defender, but you got everything else right. I have no idea why people hate on 'Melo so much on this forum.

No, he's not.

I feel Melo is underrated because a shitload of people are living under heavy rocks, stubbornly holding outdated perceptions of Melo from the corn row days. It's almost as if people are grouping him with Amare, calling him a black hole and defensive liability.

Tell me dumbasses, if Melo is a blackhole why is he averaging 4 assists per game? Better yet, what does that make Durant who averages more turnovers than assists?

The prior two games without Amare, the Knicks (with Melo playing major minutes) held their opponents to 91 ppg and 40% FG. the next damn gamn Amare comes back, Diaw plays like a GOAT and the cats score 120 on 60% FG.

Melo's been playing average defense this year, no one can judge unless they've watched at least half the Knicks games so far this season. That's what pisses me off, everyone assumes and talk out of their ass that he doesn't play defense but they haven't watched a lick of game tape to honestly judge.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Everytime someone mentions corn rows on here I think of that damn corn roll thread someone made a while back. Good times.

now I will proceed to respond to some of the greatest examples of fail from the Melo Overrated thread:

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass
    my point was that you can't look at Rose's career numbers yet because he's so young. Yet Carmelo's been in the league for how many years now without showing any real improvement as a passer or defender??
    rookie Melo was a shit defender that averaged under 3 apg. the superstar Melo of today is an average defender who'll probably end up with 4.5-5 apg by season's end.

you, my friend, are an idiot

I feel Melo is underrated because a shitload of people are living under heavy rocks, stubbornly holding outdated perceptions of Melo from the corn row days. It's almost as if people are grouping him with Amare, calling him a black hole and defensive liability.

Tell me dumbasses, if Melo is a blackhole why is he averaging 4 assists per game? Better yet, what does that make Durant who averages more turnovers than assists?

The prior two games without Amare, the Knicks (with Melo playing major minutes) held their opponents to 91 ppg and 40% FG. the next damn gamn Amare comes back, Diaw plays like a GOAT and the cats score 120 on 60% FG.
    Durant is not a point forward, he mainly plays off the ball, considering the amount of time Melo has the ball in his hands he is bound to produce assists.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Durant is not a point forward, he mainly plays off the ball, considering the amount of time Melo has the ball in his hands he is bound to produce assists.
    durcant 3.6 turnovers per game
    Melo 3.0 turnovers per game

Y A W N . . . .

durcant 3.6 turnovers per game
    Melo 3.0 turnovers per game

Y A W N . . . .
    Durant>>>Melo.

/thread

28/7/4

- top 3 scorer
    Stopped reading there.