Default Williams, Johnson, and Lopez all on the trading block

[QUOTE]Don

Default Re: Williams, Johnson, and Lopez all on the trading block

I saw another article that said Deron wanted out and had asked out. Take it as you will. I think people overrate Brook's trade value because his contract is non insured. People will take injured prone players to see if they strike lighting, not if they need to pay out the money for nothing. I think JJ has the most value. I can think of a few teams he'd help and even the salary match is there.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I saw another article that said Deron wanted out and had asked out. Take it as you will. I think people overrate Brook's trade value because his contract is non insured. People will take injured prone players to see if they strike lighting, not if they need to pay out the money for nothing. I think JJ has the most value. I can think of a few teams he'd help and even the salary match is there.
    Can you link said article?

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Can you link said article?
    I'll search for it.

Out of the three, are there anyone you;d want gone?

   

from some angles they're all good players or useful expirers, but from other angles they're all highly flawed players and terrible contracts. i don't know what you're going to get for them other than similar stuff or even worse, more reliable but lesser-talented players on long, cap-clogging deals.

i wouldn't even know where to begin fixing this clusterfluff. i mean often blow-it-up trade talk is pretty reasonable, but with this team there are no picks for years to keep the ship steady. the nets are like a retirement home where the only newcomers are middle-class old folks with medical problems.

so apparently the AK47 trade is complete, and just as we feared, the nets actually had to give away a pick and a swap to make it work. bloody hell. even the terrible teams around the league don't hemorrhage draft picks the way this band of yahoos does.

yea, i hate endless mediocrity. i prefer the hit-or-miss nature of rebuilding. sure it can go on for years, but when things click, a team can launch itself in to the elite pretty quickly. but even when the new faces turn out to be duds (like the nets' long parade of williamses) there's still that excitement and mystique of possibility. like how we felt when brook, plumdog, krstic were wowing ppl in their very first seasons.

yea sure let's blow it up and start the rebuilding process. we should be ready to get rolling around 2019 when we start seeing decent picks again.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'll search for it.

Out of the three, are there anyone you;d want gone?
    If I had to choose one it would probably be Joe. I think having one less ball handler will actually help Deron + Brook a lot. It would suck though.. I've really grown to like Joe over the years and I literally just bought his jersey like 2 weeks ago -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    from some angles they're all good players or useful expirers, but from other angles they're all highly flawed players and terrible contracts. i don't know what you're going to get for them other than similar stuff or even worse, more reliable but lesser-talented players on long, cap-clogging deals.

i wouldn't even know where to begin fixing this clusterfluff. i mean often blow-it-up trade talk is pretty reasonable, but with this team there are no picks for years to keep the ship steady. the nets are like a retirement home where the only newcomers are middle-class old folks with medical problems.

so apparently the AK47 trade is complete, and just as we feared, the nets actually had to give away a pick and a swap to make it work. bloody hell. even the terrible teams around the league don't hemorrhage draft picks the way this band of yahoos does.

yea, i hate endless mediocrity. i prefer the hit-or-miss nature of rebuilding. sure it can go on for years, but when things click, a team can launch itself in to the elite pretty quickly. but even when the new faces turn out to be duds (like the nets' long parade of williamses) there's still that excitement and mystique of possibility. like how we felt when brook, plumdog, krstic were wowing ppl in their very first seasons.

yea sure let's blow it up and start the rebuilding process. we should be ready to get rolling around 2019 when we start seeing decent picks again.

I agree with you.. I think we're in a really tough spot right now. Thats why I don't think we should trade our big 3 unless there's a big return in draft picks or a young player with a lot of potential. The only teams, in my opinion, that would take these 3 guys would be mid tier teams that need another above average player to get over the hump. I don't think any of these teams will be willing to give up anything valuable to us. That's why I think we should just ride it out and hope for the best for 2016 off season.

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    I agree with you.. I think we're in a really tough spot right now. Thats why I don't think we should trade our big 3 unless there's a big return in draft picks or a young player with a lot of potential. The only teams, in my opinion, that would take these 3 guys would be mid tier teams that need another above average player to get over the hump. I don't think any of these teams will be willing to give up anything valuable to us. That's why I think we should just ride it out and hope for the best for 2016 off season.
    i agree we should probably ride it out. the one thing this team has going for it is the possibility of learning to play together and under hollins. the ceiling is probably not all that high, but whatever.

[quote=Net Income]The Nets have dumped six second rounders, bought six second rounders in King