Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the WHITE side

Default Re: Starting your franchise: Durant + Davis or LeBron + Love

Durant and Davis, easily.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

LeBron is a better player than Durant.
    Davis will most likely be a better player than Love.

as rookies? def Lebron + Love

prime? AD and Durant. AD will be such a beast when he hits his prime.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Biggest mismatch is Durant guarding Lebron, so will have to go with Lebron and Love.

Don't get me wrong though this is a close call, to respond to an earlier comment citing Davis's shot blocking. I think this would be ineffective given how potent Love is shooting from the outside. Love is almost the perfect teammate for Lebron. If Cleveland can keep Wiggins and get Love that offense will be deadly.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Biggest mismatch is Durant guarding Lebron, so will have to go with Lebron and Love.

Don't get me wrong though this is a close call, to respond to an earlier comment citing Davis's shot blocking. I think this would be ineffective given how potent Love is shooting from the outside. Love is almost the perfect teammate for Lebron. If Cleveland can keep Wiggins and get Love that offense will be deadly.
    lol what? When Durant and LeBron have gone h2h recently it isn't a mismatch at all. Both LeBron and Durant both get theirs regardless of who is guarding them in those games.

NBA Superstar

I will say, that one game where Durant COOKED LeBron last season was hilarious.

Someone on here uploaded a video of Durant doing some crossover/turnaround stepback move and drilling a shot, and then LeBron went down on the other end and tried to mimic it but awkwardly traveled, had horrible footwork, and then bricked the shot

And then later in the game they had a cool little back and forth moment until Durant drilled a 3 in LeBrons eye and then LeBron tried to do the same and bricked it

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    lol what? When Durant and LeBron have gone h2h recently it isn't a mismatch at all. Both LeBron and Durant both get theirs regardless of who is guarding them in those games.

Tell me this isn't a mismatch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpT6k9gUcWA

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Lebron, Love...they're both a lot more selfless. They are able to pass the ball to whoever is open. Lebron and Love would work better at making the players around them better.

NBA Superstar

If you want to see a mismatch watch their first game. OKC didn't even have Westbrook and MIA were doubling Durant from the start and he still dominated that game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Lebron, Love...they're both a lot more selfless. They are able to pass the ball to whoever is open. Lebron and Love would work better at making the players around them better.
    Yes because LeBrons "hold the ball for 10 seconds and then dump it off to someone" style of offense makes everyone better

And Durants style which sometimes leads to games where he scores 54 points while only possesing the ball for 3 minutes total in the game doesn't help teammates

Look at the stats bro, Durant last year got .9 less assists per game than LeBron and did it not only on a team that starts Kendrick Perkins and Thabo Sefolosha but he also took a lot less passes to do it.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Yes because LeBrons "hold the ball for 10 seconds and then dump it off to someone" style of offense makes everyone better

And Durants style which sometimes leads to games where he scores 54 points while only possesing the ball for 3 minutes total in the game doesn't help teammates

Look at the stats bro, Durant last year got .9 less assists per game than LeBron and did it not only on a team that starts Kendrick Perkins and Thabo Sefolosha but he also took a lot less passes to do it.
    My plan would be to have a true point. Anyway, the Thunder don't have the players that the Heat have to create shots. Lebron's assists would go way up with a player like Love who can shoot anywhere on the floor.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    My plan would be to have a true point. Anyway, the Thunder don't have the players that the Heat have to create shots. Lebron's assists would go way up with a player like Love who can shoot anywhere on the floor.
    Yes, poor LeBron would have averaged more assists if not for his horrible supporting cast

Dwyane Wade averaging 19 ppg on 55% shooting. "Hey can we get someone who can create their own offense in here!?"

Chris Bosh 16 ppg on 51% shooting. His whole supporting cast in Miami has been efficient scorers and floor spacers but now he didn't even average 7 APG because his supporting cast wasn't good enough

Dude is officially the most overrated passer in NBA history with the way people are acting like 6 assists and 4 turnovers per game is some GOAT tier shit.

Yes, poor LeBron would have averaged more assists if not for his horrible supporting cast

Dwyane Wade averaging 19 ppg on 55% shooting. "Hey can we get someone who can create their own offense in here!?"

Chris Bosh 16 ppg on 51% shooting. His whole supporting cast in Miami has been efficient scorers and floor spacers but now he didn't even average 7 APG because his supporting cast wasn't good enough

Dude is officially the most overrated passer in NBA history with the way people are acting like 6 assists and 4 turnovers per game is some GOAT tier shit.
    1. Wade missed almost half the season.
    2. No one on the Heat was efficient last season other than the big 3. Even GOAT 3 point shooter Ray Allen was well below his career average in 3 point percentage. Next

NBA Superstar

So Wade plays just 53 games on 33MPG and LeBron's production goes down over the course of the season.

Westbrook plays just 46 games on 31MPG and Durant's production significantly increases over the course of the season.

But I thought LeBron makes everyone better and Wade was just holding him back like in the 2011 Finals? Shouldn't LeBrons production have gone up with Wade missing time, based on what I've been hearing from LeBron stans, or am I missing something?

Facts Are Misleading

Davis has potential to be the best defensive anchor in the league. He's also a 20 ppg scorer already.

I'd take him and Durant.