Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson and Van Gundy accuse MJ of 'faking' flu game

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    ive seen space jam, michael jordan can't act. it was real.
    Hey man don't hate on Space Jam, GOAT movie.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

"...nobody can play that well healthy"

Hmmm, I wonder what he meant by that? That's the interesting bit.....ESPECIALLY coming from Van Gundy.

Not airballing my layups anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko6oXXdA8iA

Will anyone ever have a ceremony like this... its kinda of unreal, just stumbled across it.

jackson is just jealous that no one cared when he retired.
    Last edited by milehighnuggz; 01-19-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    ive seen space jam, michael jordan can't act. it was real.

Decent college freshman gotbacon23's Avatar

i have the flu game on DVD and, oddly enough, i just watched it a few days ago. there is no chance that he was faking. dude could barely hold his head up during the game and he looked basically dead. that rebound off his own missed free throw, the double of pippen in the post, pippens pass back to jordan open for three, the three for the lead, and then jordan coming back off the court with pippen holding him up was beyond legendary and something i'll never forget. this was his GOAT game in my opinion. out of his 6 finals, this was 1 of 2 series that was 2-2 after 4 games (portland was the other, all other finals it was 3-1 bulls after 4 games), and it was a must win game 5. stuff legends are made of (even though he was already a legend at that point anyway)

it was real. i haven't watched that game in years, but i vividly recall the bit with pip helping him over to the bench, and the way his body sagged every time they blew a whistle/stopped the game. the guy was going on willpower alone--the same way he did once when he scored 30-something on us (portland) playing on one leg due to a bad ankle sprain.

MJ was a freak.

i got very choked up watching that flu game. that was a crazy thing to witness.

Well having in mind that Marc Jackson is a starter for NBA's All Time Loser squad, I don't see how any of his opinions matter.

Last year in Finals he was comparing Garnett to Russell and some other frivolousness I refused to remember.

If that's his way to get attention, he's more pathetic that I've ever thought he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Completely ridiculous. You could see it in his body language and, more importantly, his eyes. Sorry, but you can't fake glassy eyes. Go watch the video.
    maybe he was drinking rite up until tip-off.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Jordan looked sick as a dog, but Bernard King's flu game in 84 was better.

Jordan had two functioning middle fingers, unlike Bernard.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    And in the fourth quarter, Pippen had to physically support him when he walked back and forth between the bench during timeouts.
    I don't know if he was faking or not, but I don't see how you could run up and down the court by yourself, but then you need someone to carry you back to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Riker
    Imagine how pathetic Marc life is.

Jordan STILL owns him.

Every game Marc does, he always finds SOME way to take any random jab at Jordan.

Even tho, last time I've checked, Jordan played 6 years ago.

He keeps bringing him up and trying to diminish any MJ stuff with some worthless comparisons.

It just makes you respect MJ more.

While MJ in the Bahamas now in his tournament with cigars in his teeth playing some terrible golf and not giving a **** about basketball in general, this chump feeds on sayin stupid **** like that.

Only for one reason. To make him feel better. About a chance MJ ****ed him over for 11 years ago.

So basically, Jackson is MJ's drone for 11 years. What a way to live your life.
    In that case, looks like a lot of people own Jordan, given how he fired random jabs at almost everyone in his HOF acceptance speech. Van Gundy owns him, Bryon Russell owns him 12 years later, Isiah still owns him 25 years later, etc.

Banned

I'm with Jackson and Gundy on this one.. MJ is still the goat, but he pierced this one.

Hold me pippen.. hold!!!!!

He took a shot at Jeff Van Gundy, calling him "the little guy who became the Knicks head coach," Jeff called him a con-artist: "He said I conned the players, I befriended them and then I'd attack them on the basketball court. That gave me the motivation that I so desperately needed."

Van Gundy was dead on. Jordan was, and still is, a con artist. He makes people think they are his friends, so long as these people can do something for him. eg Michael Wilbon, the columnist for the Washington Post

Good High School Starter

Wilt "The Big Dipper" Chamberlain played in the finals with a broken hand and won the title/FMVP, anyone cares about it? No! Because he is Wilt Chamberlain. Jordan somehow drew way much more attention, why? Because he is Michael Jordan ohlala

College star

Quote Originally Posted by alexandreben
    Wilt "The Big Dipper" Chamberlain played in the finals with a broken hand and won the title/FMVP, anyone cares about it? No! Because he is Wilt Chamberlain. Jordan somehow drew way much more attention, why? Because he is Michael Jordan ohlala
    video or it didn't happen.