Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lakers to target Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour this summer

Teams can begin negotiating with free agents July 1, but the moratorium before a player can sign lasts until July 7. "We'll convene with ownership, [assistant general manager] Ronnie Lester and myself in the next couple of weeks and plot a course," Kupchak said.

Fisher, who'll be 36 in August, had another good showing in the playoffs, capped by a late-game three-pointer in Game 7. He probably will have to take a pay cut from the $5.04 million he earned this season and may be offered only a one-year deal.

"If it's up to me, I'll be back," Fisher said while still clinging to the championship trophy. "I want to be back here."

Farmar, 23, who earned $1.9 million last season, will be a restricted free agent, meaning the Lakers can match any offer he receives.

But the Lakers probably will let him walk, according to an NBA executive who was not authorized to speak publicly.

And it sounds as if Famar is ready to depart after winning two titles. "I want to take a step forward in my career," said Farmar, who wants to be a starting point guard. "We'll see how it works out."

Brown just finished the first season of a two-year, "bi-annual exception" worth $4.1 million. If he opts out, the Lakers could sign him for up to five years and as high as the mid-level exception; the current mid-level exception pays $5.8 million in the first year.

"It all depends on what my options are," Brown said. "But it won't be a tough decision at all. I want to be back here."

The Lakers probably won't bring back Mbenga, Morrison and Powell, the NBA executive said.

The Lakers will look at free-agent point guards Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour, the executive added.

But whoever signs with the Lakers will have to take a pay cut because they don't plan on using the mid-level exception to sign a player. They will be looking to sign an experienced big man for the veteran's minimum, which will be as much as $1.325 million for a player with 10 years or more of experience.

Not sure if it will happen without using the MLE honestly. I think Blake would be the best choice when you factor in shooting, defense and running the point. Ridnour I think might be the best PLAYER but his defense is poor.

Default Re: Lakers to target Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour this summer

Yes Ridnour would probably not be a good fit. Watson is probably the best defender out of the 3, but his shooting is a question mark. Blake can shoot and play decent defense, thus he should be the one the Lakers are after the most.

Banned

Default Re: Lakers to target Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour this summer

is this the best they can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe4life
    Sometimes more brings less

What other point guards are an option in free-agency? it's possible Mitch might make a move for Kirk again via trade.

What do you want like Chris Paul or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    What do you want like Chris Paul or something?
    I know, they just won the title. There won't be any huge signings/trades this summer. I'll miss Dacos though

Don't do it Blake, don't join the dark side.

why don't the lakers go after raymond felton? he's a good defender, can pass, he's very fast and his shooting has improved a lot this season.

i really hope he re-signs with the 'cats but i don't think he will... so having him on the lakers would be the next best thing for me

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    why don't the lakers go after raymond felton? he's a good defender, can pass, he's very fast and his shooting has improved a lot this season.

i really hope he re-signs with the 'cats but i don't think he will... so having him on the lakers would be the next best thing for me
    They're trying to save money. But it would a bad move not to go after Felton if he willing to take the MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno

thats right felton is the best PG LA can/should get because good defence-fast-goodshooter = perfect for LA. if they dont get felton i want steve blake to be with LA.

Enough with this crap. Lakers need a perimeter player besides Kobe who can penetrate and get his own shot. I don't like any of these guys in that regard...

They need more shooters. Someone that can consistently shoot 1-3 or 2-6 or 3-7 everyday on 3s. Fish and Artest are streaky and the Machine has needed to be fine-tuned for years now. Someone that the other team is afraid to leave to help out in doubling or triping Kobe, that was a huge problem in these Finals. The championship Lakers of past had a bunch of 3 pt shooters, not just 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Enough with this crap. Lakers need a perimeter player besides Kobe who can penetrate and get his own shot. I don't like any of these guys in that regard...
    Luke Ridnour is pretty good at attack and getting into the lane. However I doubt he settles for less than MLE.

Banned

The 3 amigos aren't coming back