Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: How is Paul Pierce such a good player???

O please....so sick of being underrated pierce athletiscm...

Hes very strong..pretty quick...very average speed but he leaps quick. Hes an nba caliber athlete with amazing skills.

Defensively he has great iq and a 7 0 wingspan at close to 6 7.

Very good NBA starter

Isnt pierce left handed and shoots right handed? That can cUse fits with his skill...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    His footwork, his body size helps, and he has long arms to go with a good shooting stroke, a good handle and toughness as well as not being scared of any other players.. That is why he ***** slaps kobe one day and then does it to lebron the next...

He also knows how to keep his opponent off balance.. Mj was the master of getting space but Pierce is very good at it as well... They used to call that CRAFTY... He is crafty is pretty muCH THE ANSWEr..
    That's one of the things i love about his game he is very, very good at getting space for his midrange jumper

dedicate

he is deceptive

you talked about his slow release, yea but if you go for the block he'll put the ball down on the floor and blow by you, and if you try to block him he'll simply jump into you to get free throws, if you dont contest, he'll make the 3 on you

he is not a great ball handler but his size and strength makes him a great mid range post up player, all he need to do is get the ball some where around the top of the key then it's money

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    honestly he might be the least athletic staring sf in the league and his handles are that exceptional for a sf either, yet hes able to penetrate at almost an elite level. He has no elevation on his release and is one of the slower releases in the league yet he is still able to knock j's on everyone. Whats his secret? Is there something that im missing that seperates him from the other sf in the league? I would say hes the 4th best sf in the league at the moment behind lebron, durant and melo
    Your avatar and your user name indicate that you are an idiot. No wonder you asked this retarded question.

Banned

Why are so many of you being ***** to the OP? He asked an honest question that wasn't offensive in the least, even to the most unapologetic Celtic nutjobs, yet you cvnts are talking sh*t.

That's all you dumb Bawston cvnts are good for anyway. You talk a big game and then choke every time it counts. Have fun fawning over your 3rd rate star. Build him a statue in front of your sh*tty arena. You might as well do it now since you ain't winning any more rings with that cast of senior-citizen has-beens. Good riddance, knob-gobblers.

Decent college freshman

Has to be that step back

Dude is also a smart offensive player

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    hahahahahahah

is this a picture from tonight's game?

am i the only one that notices what the hell KG is doing in the background?!?!?!

OMFG, that shit is hilarious.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    hahahahahahah

am i the only one that notices what the hell KG is doing in the background?!?!?!

Nate is no longer with the c's is a give away.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    Nate is no longer with the c's is a give away.
    haha totally didn't register in my head.

ohhhh man, this picture had me in tears. KG bowing like that is just ridiculous to me.

I rule the local playground Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    hahahahahahah

That was like 3 months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHu6qvpG-k

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    O please....so sick of being underrated pierce athletiscm...

Hes very strong..pretty quick...very average speed but he leaps quick. Hes an nba caliber athlete with amazing skills.
    It's amazing how often people forget about strength when they talk about athleticism. With basketball, you want excellent core strength, because then you can move body into contorted shapes but still stay balanced.

Also folks on ISH don't realize how important deception is. Pierce often lulls his man into sleep and changes speed or direction.

Very good NBA starter

Exactly..pierces release is so unique tho. Its not really a slow release...he just doesnt snap thru like rays..i remember people bashing on me when I said next to kobe hes the most skilled swingmen

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DDensity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Also folks on ISH don't realize how important deception is. Pierce often lulls his man into sleep and changes speed or direction.
    His defender isn't the only one sleeping. That's why none of us even know how he does it. We get bored watching him, turn away and see that he's scored.

Skills pay the bills.