Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent playground baller jimmybball's Avatar

Default Re: Korver, McLemore, Ariza among Cavaliers' reported trade targets

In no excuse territory and still needs more help?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

mozgov for korver or ariza

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Dwight, Harden, and Ariza for Bron, Shump, Moz, and RJ.

Kyrie/James/Ariza/Love/Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    1. GET ARIZA AND KORVER
    2. StART ENGINE FOR CHAMPIONSHIP CRUISE
    Poster of the week

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Ariza would obviously be an incredible pick-up and he brings even more versatility with his length, defensive ability and the fact that you have to account for him on the other end. I would feel confident about our chances against any team in the playoffs if you're adding Ariza and not losing any major pieces.

My question is, why would the Rockets do that? We have that big TPE, but he has got to be worth a lot more than that. We have picks that we could trade, but that still doesn't seem like it is enough... unless there is something I am missing. I guess maybe if we could bring a third team in and it could be a part of a larger move for them.

McLemore is of zero interest to me. I don't see where his minutes are going to come from, since I feel we already have five and possibly six guards better than him. He has no versatility, because he can only defend one position and he is below average at doing that. The only reason for there to be "interest" is doing Rich Paul a solid by trying to increase his profile or if the Cavs are just getting him for nothing and kicking the tires on him as a future asset. He should never play a second on a team competing for a title.

Korver makes the most sense for both teams of those three, but even that feels like a reach on the Cavs' side. They aren't in a position where they can give up a player of any real value and I'm sure the Hawks want more than just the TPE... unless they have their sights set on someone specific this coming offseason or we are the part of a bigger deal with a third team.

Korver would be lethal playing in this lineup, though. You are then putting defenses into a position where they have to help somewhere or risk leaving Kyrie, JR or Korver wide open, depending on the lineup. Those are three elite shooters.

Very good NBA starter

McLemore is a black hole, not even a good black hole.

Korver would be an incredible pickup but why would Hawks do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Man if they get Trevor Ariza.... That's a big piece as afar as fit.

Athletic
    Defender
    long
    Hits the 3

You could play a lineup of Irving-Smith-Ariza-Bron and it would be fast breaking all over the court.
    That line up could penetrate the bigs, get deep , suck the D in and kick it out to the shooters.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Ariza would obviously be an incredible pick-up and he brings even more versatility with his length, defensive ability and the fact that you have to account for him on the other end. I would feel confident about our chances against any team in the playoffs if you're adding Ariza and not losing any major pieces.

My question is, why would the Rockets do that? We have that big TPE, but he has got to be worth a lot more than that. We have picks that we could trade, but that still doesn't seem like it is enough... unless there is something I am missing. I guess maybe if we could bring a third team in and it could be a part of a larger move for them.

McLemore is of zero interest to me. I don't see where his minutes are going to come from, since I feel we already have five and possibly six guards better than him. He has no versatility, because he can only defend one position and he is below average at doing that. The only reason for there to be "interest" is doing Rich Paul a solid by trying to increase his profile or if the Cavs are just getting him for nothing and kicking the tires on him as a future asset. He should never play a second on a team competing for a title.

Korver makes the most sense for both teams of those three, but even that feels like a reach on the Cavs' side. They aren't in a position where they can give up a player of any real value and I'm sure the Hawks want more than just the TPE... unless they have their sights set on someone specific this coming offseason or we are the part of a bigger deal with a third team.

Korver would be lethal playing in this lineup, though. You are then putting defenses into a position where they have to help somewhere or risk leaving Kyrie, JR or Korver wide open, depending on the lineup. Those are three elite shooters.
    Good analysis as always RBA, in all honesty I don't think any of these are likely, the Joe Johnson buyout is perhaps the most likely but I don't see that helping the Cavs, they already have JR so JJ would be redundant in my mind.
    Last edited by VengefulAngel; 02-12-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Just like the Bulls trading Will "F*cking" Purdue for Dennis Rodman, and them Signing The late Bison Dele before the end of the 1996-97 NBA Season.
    needs more help

Not really sure it's going to matter...Golden State and San Antonio aren't losing four games to any Eastern Conference team.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Not really sure it's going to matter...Golden State and San Antonio aren't losing four games to any Eastern Conference team.
    So lets **** it and not play any games in the finals, we'll just give them the championship.

This is so ridiculous it unbelievable.

Ariza would be the best fit.