Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Great college starter

Default Re: What's the difference between Kobe amount of shot attempts and Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by Batchoy
    This is a very easy question to answer. You see Kobe has taken 21,743 shots throughout his career until today. While Jordan had taken 24,537 shots throughout his career. The difference between the amount of shots taken between the two is 24537 - 21742, which is....(drum roll)....

Close thread, please.

Before we go and close thread.....let's take a look at the totals for regular season and playoffs...

Jordan 14380/29034 = 49.5%FG

kobe 11764/25941 = 45.3%FG

Michael Jordan missed 12,345 shots during the regular season in his career.
    Kobe so far has missed 11,861 shots.

That's only 484 shots....At his current rate, he's due to pass Michael Jordan in his 51st game this year, on his 22,640th shot attempt....

About 1,897 shots less than Jordan took to miss the same amount....

Which equates to over 90 games....

Now you can close the thread.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Default Re: What's the difference between Kobe amount of shot attempts and Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I'm starting to believe there are a lot of dummy accounts on this site with the sole purpose to make Lakers\Kobe fans loke bad, blackjoker23 and rule1223 are prime examples, no one can be this stupid, not even 9 year olds.
    Speaking of "9's", that 9erEmpire kid is on his way to making Kobe Stans the most absolute laughing stock of fans, with his "Jordan learned his game from Kobe" schtick.

It's like Trolls don't even try anymore these days...

Kobe wearing Air Jordan 8s, yet Jordan "learned his game" from Kobe

Banned

Jordan was a much better passer than Kobe imo. nobody did the fake shot pass down low better than him. he'd always find the open man, it was rare when he didn't. MJ's IQ > Kobe's by a lot to be honest. people may think of Mj as a ball hog but he was smart about it, where as Kobe mode isn't smart 1/2 the time. so to me the difference is Kobe will shoot it regardless of who's open most of the time where as MJ would find the open man often, and make them pay for doubling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Exactly right. AlphaWolf is preying on kids that have only seen highlights. Fans that have seen them both play know there's a difference. He confuses the issue by posting false numbers and then screams bloody murder when someone corrects him. Note: He knew what he was doing in the first place. Says something about him that he needs to do that to make his point. Why people waste time arguing with this dude is beyond me.
    wrong again bum..I prey on the elitist fans who think they know everything...then try to spew garbage to the majority..

I said most stans never seen MJ play...and the silly elitist fans use advanced math and silly excuses to show that MJ shot .2% higher in mostly a completely different era when many more players adveraged 20+ PPG on 50%...when in contrast...very few if any players in the modern era do so.

Jordan career TS% = .569%
    Kobe career TS% = .556%

nearly .2%...nothing to argue about...you Jordan stans are silly...and ruin basketball one post at a time..

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

First you say...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - using .2% FG difference in 2 completely different era's as proof that MJ knew how to get slightly better shots sounds F'ing retarded...

there difference in FG% is minimal .2%...and Kobe has played most of his career in different era with leaguewide lower FG%...
    and

so much math for .2%....difference....

it's still only 2%

...."it's 2% not .2%...learn math!!"....

all about that FG%FG%FG%FG%FG%
    Then when you get called out, it's all about that

TS%TS%TS%TS%TS%

Kobe career TS% = .556%

nearly .2%
    The kids that take you seriously are the silly lot.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 01-18-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    First you say...

and

Then when you get called out, it's all about that

TS%TS%TS%TS%TS%

The kids that take you seriously are the silly lot.
    I actually think Alpha makes decent points sometimes.(It's Rare tho) 9er is a special case through.

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    false.... in the 2000-2004 was the best defensive era of basketball. the handcheck and the zone was legal, during that stretch the league average in PPG was on the decline as were the FG%s. It's brought games to a grinding halt, because allowing handchecking and zone concepts made scoring harder than ever and ratings were down because the offensive output was not the same and offensive continutity wasn't what it is now. The league in order to increase offensive continuity put a bind on the hand check in favor of the Zone.

The implementation of zone begin was point the league into a more team oriented direction as the league admitted that the NBA had become an isolation league with premier players just going one on 1 and they wanted to move away from that, and zone concepts is a counter to that by forcing ball movement to induce team play. the 90s did have better on ball defense due to players being able to hand check, but it's not more effective than the team defense that teams can play today. the offensive output o those years are proof that scoring was easier then than now. Hard fouls and butchery is indeed more physical but that doesn't constitute better defense.
    What I said wasn't false. I did say that both 90s and early 00s. Handchecking got less aggressive over time. The first major decrease took place in the 79-80 (correct me if I'm wrong). Then the next was in the mid 90s. Then the next one was 04-05?

And the 00-04 could be called one of the best defensive eras in basketball (the 70s were pretty physical) or bad offense. Around the late 90s, especially after Jordan retired the first time, a lot of people thought a lot of players were playing bad offense. A lot of players did too many iso, and they were saying the IQ dropped and the lacked the fundamentals. You still hear it today (it was worse in the early 00s) with the commentators and basketball analysts. They would say the footwork and the mid-range jumper were better back in the early 90s and 80s.

Although you could say that since the league was becoming more thuggish, ppl were saying that more and being bias. But you tell the difference of quality of teams in comparison of the early 90s and 80s. The late 90s and early 00s don't hold up. To be fair, hardly any decade holds up.

And you're right. The implementation of zone was a mixture of promoting more teamplay and stopping Shaq from dominating teams if I can recall.

But you saying that handchecking is not more effective than the team defense that teams can play today depends on what you mean. Handchecking is more efficient when stopping perimeter players, especially the average perimeter players. Zone is more important for stopping players who score in the paint or superstar players. The space that perimeter have now makes it easier to score for them. And teams hardly use zone because that will leave the shooters open, but it depends on the moment and when they do it. Plus they don't have to worry about leaving their man and getting called for illegal defense.

Regardless, my question is that why Kobe gets the criticism when Jordan didn't as much in the 90s. It's not like Kobe wasn't winning, but like others said, I think Kobe had more offensive talent on his teams for him to shoot a lot. Like Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, and etc. And the fact that Jordan was more efficient.

Great college starter

wrong again bum..I prey on the elitist fans who think they know everything...then try to spew garbage to the majority..

I said most stans never seen MJ play...and the silly elitist fans use advanced math and silly excuses to show that MJ shot .2% higher in mostly a completely different era when many more players adveraged 20+ PPG on 50%...when in contrast...very few if any players in the modern era do so.

Kobe career TS% = .556%

nearly .2%...nothing to argue about...you Jordan stans are silly...and ruin basketball one post at a time..

TS% is a KOBETARD stat...thanks for sharing.

and .2% is no where near the 1.3% difference in TS% anyway...by the way, that gap GROWS LARGER if you only include their prime years. Jordan's TS% topped out much higher than Kobe's...

The only reason Kobe's TS% approaches Jordan's is because Kobe scores a HIGHER % of his points from the FT line than Jordan did.

Kobe's EFFECTIVE FG%, which includes 3's, topped out at 50.3%. His average was 46-49% eFG%.

Jordan's EFFECTIVE FG% topped out at 55%.

9 seasons, Jordan efg% was above 50%.....Kobe only did that 3 times.

Jordan's efg% career would be a full 3% better than Kobe's if not for 2 crappy seasons with the Wizards..

% of points scored from FT's: Kobe = 25.2%.....Jordan = 22.7%. This is the ONLY reason why Kobe's TS% is closer to Jordan's.
    Last edited by bwink23; 01-18-2012 at 10:29 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Your math must be off. Michael Jordan is the most coddled player in the history of the league, there is no way Kobe being much more of a jump shooter gets to the line more often.

Right, Laker fans?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Jordan was just as much as a Ballhogg as Kobe....

- Those trying to spin it and say "MJ got slightly better shots in a flow of the offense" are full of Sh!....

- Winning changed everything....the first 6 - 7 years MJ was regarded as a selfish Ballhogg who would never win anything...

- With Phil/Triangle the Bull's started to win...then all of a sudden perception was "MJ was getting people involved and making teamates better" that simply was not true.....Phil knew how to mix MJ's game (ballhogg just like Kobe...with a unmatched competitiveness) to help the team win instead of wearing them down like before.

- using .2% FG difference in 2 completely different era's as proof that MJ knew how to get slightly better shots sounds F'ing retarded...

- recap...MJ and Kobe were both Alpha Ballhogg's who wanted to be the star's of the team ....and wanted to win. Phil Jackson was the key to using this strength as a positive instead of a negative that wore down the team.

Jordan had Great HOF teamates..as did Kobe....when they won...they became viewed as "getting everyone involved" ..when they lost...they were "ballhogg's"

niether ever won jack without Phil....(MJ never even had a winning season)..

there [COLOR="Red"]difference in FG% is minimal[/COLOR] .2%...and Kobe has played most of his career in different era with leaguewide lower FG%...

the elitists fans here are F'ng Morons trying to spin it like it's some complicated math formula
    It's clowns like you who keep your boy hated and made fun of so often here at ISH. That's because you constantly call yourself being slick by trying to bend the truth every chance you get. Take that .2% bullsh!t out back, shoot it in the head, and come back with some real numbers. Now hurry up! Scoot !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    ppl cant accept the fact that someone has succeeded their childhood hero, when someone comes along in the future thats better than kobe, i wont be happy but i wont dedicate my life to criticizing and hating that player
    That guy came in 2003 we all know him as King James or LBJ or The Chosen One.

Btw kobe will never be better than MJ.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Simple....

Jordan 10 seasons of shooting 48% or better...efficiency. Career 49.7%

Kobe 0 seasons of shooting 48% or better. His career best can be rounded to 47%. Career 45.4%