Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

Default Re: Jason Kidd had 19 rebounds?

Now all we need is for Kidd to take a jump ball someday, and the revisionists can say he was a dominant center as well as point guard.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #18
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Now all we need is for Kidd to take a jump ball someday, and the revisionists can say he was a dominant center as well as point guard.

:
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #19
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I dont care how badly the teams shot(and ive not checked to see how bad it was)...

I cant decide if Kidd is that good or if the Nets bigmen should be ashamed.

Someone who saw the game..tell me which way I should lean on that one.

People keep giving credit to the fact that its the Nets system, that they don't have any good rebounding big men so VC and Kidd have to rebound a lot, but if you shoehorn them into that philosophy, you're ignoring the fact that Kidd has been doing this his whole career.

Kidd's played for the Mavericks, the Suns, the Nets, and he's always been a triple double threat. I don't know that its fair to chalk it all up to him just not playing with a dominant big man.

I mean he literally has more triple doubles than any active player in history, doesn't he? And he's got to be up there on the all time list.

People give Lebron James for AVERAGING close to a triple double his whole career, but really, he has very few actual triple doubles. Kidd is good for close to 10 a season, if not more.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #20
steve

Lebron's also carrying the scoring load for the Cavaliers, something that Kidd can't do right now. And while Kidd's always been a threat to record a triple double, he's having to rebound more on a nightly basis these last two seasons which is not exactly helping the Nets.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #21
Ryoga Hibiki
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
People keep giving credit to the fact that its the Nets system, that they don't have any good rebounding big men so VC and Kidd have to rebound a lot, but if you shoehorn them into that philosophy, you're ignoring the fact that Kidd has been doing this his whole career.
Kidd imo is worth around 7rb per 40min, the Nets system is giving him a couple more.
Ryoga Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #22
aahhsin
Banned

him pulling down 19 boards is probably why the nets lost so bad.

him going for offensive rebounds leave opposing guards free for the fast break.

him going for defensive rebounds leave his team without a viable option on the break.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #23
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Kidd's played for the Mavericks, the Suns, the Nets, and he's always been a triple double threat. I don't know that its fair to chalk it all up to him just not playing with a dominant big man.

I mean he literally has more triple doubles than any active player in history, doesn't he? And he's got to be up there on the all time list.

People give Lebron James for AVERAGING close to a triple double his whole career, but really, he has very few actual triple doubles. Kidd is good for close to 10 a season, if not more.

Mathius

Kidd has never played next to good rebounding frontline men outside of Shawn Marion.Part of the reason Kidd gets so many rebounds in compariosn to someone like Lebron is because Kidd isn't the one doing th shooting so he's always roaming around under the basket or running down long misses for rebounds.Lebron is the scorer so alot of the times he's away from the basket instead of underneath
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #24
yobore
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin

him going for defensive rebounds leave his team without a viable option on the break.
WHERE IS THIS IDEA COMING FROM lol I have seen this multiple times now in this thread. have you all played basketball? great outlet passes are nice for starting fast break but the PG rebounding the basketball is a lot more of a sure thing. PG's getting rebounds is great for transition basketball

The team strategy for the Nets is for Kidd to get the rebounds. Often you will see them box out while kidd gets the rebound they could get. Kidd getting a rebound is a lot more effective than Jason collins trying to do some outlet pass.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM   #25
steve

It's a lot easier to beat transition defenses by passing the ball rather than have your aging point guard try to out run them, which he obviously hasn't been doing. While Kidd's 19 rebounds (and triple double for that matter) were impressive, the Nets still lost by 25.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #26
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
It's a lot easier to beat transition defenses by passing the ball rather than have your aging point guard try to out run them, which he obviously hasn't been doing. While Kidd's 19 rebounds (and triple double for that matter) were impressive, the Nets still lost by 25.

Wow, people pay you for this level of insight?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #27
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Wow, people pay you for this level of insight?
How about you?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #28
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
How about you?
There was a time, but now I'm mostly retired.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:04 PM   #29
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
There was a time, but now I'm mostly retired.
Good to know.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: