Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OT: 8'5" man gets a custom-built chevy

KIEV, Ukraine — Being listed in the Guinness World Records book often means a great accomplishment, but sometimes it can reflect a condition that nobody would volunteer for. The latter is the case for Leonid Stadnyk, who grew to the height of 8 feet, 5 inches after a childhood brain operation gave him an overdose of growth hormone. This week, he got a custom-built Chevrolet Tacuma — presented by Ukrainian President Viktor Yuschenko — and at last can travel by car like everybody else.

The Tacuma was hand-built by a design team at ZAZ, the main Ukrainian automaker, at the company's plant in Zaporizhia, Ukraine, which modified the four-door vehicle to accommodate the height of its new owner. The Tacuma is a derivative of the Daewoo Rezzo.

Stadnyk had written to the Ukraine president for help since he could not fit into any vehicles available in his country. The 36-year-old was formerly a veterinarian who left his job because of his size — among other problems, he was unable to afford custom-made shoes large enough to fit his 17-inch feet. Since becoming recognized last year as the world's tallest man, Stadnyk has received help from strangers as well as an organization for the disabled, including a giant bicycle.

Now that he has a Chevy, though, Stadnyk is vowing to get his driver's license and do a little traveling.

[COLOR=Teal]I think he'd fit in an Excursion just fine but doubt he's enough money to overcome its dismal gas mileage.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by sbw19; 03-29-2008 at 01:29 PM.

banned

Default Re: OT: 8'5" man gets a custom-built chevy

wow, he's really 8,5??? so are tall are those girls ??????????????
    6'5?????????

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT:MANU
    wow, he's really 8,5??? so are tall are those girls ??????????????
    6'5?????????
    Only one man can answer that, vcmvp!

banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Only one man can answer that, vcmvp!
    why that?

i like ur nickname bro.

he still is drivng a chevy

Decent college freshman

8'5 is interesting and all, but the fact that a Cabbage Patch Kid grew up to do the news in Russia is even more interesting IMO.

rank sentamentalist

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT:MANU
    why that?

i like ur nickname bro.
    Thanks man.

VC can estimate a mans height down to a nanometer by viewing a photo. I actually like reading his posts, he puts a lot of thought into them (I may not always agree, but respect the effort), but he is a li'l obsessive about peoples heights.

banned

Thanks man.

VC can estimate a mans height down to a nanometer by viewing a photo. I actually like reading his posts, he puts a lot of thought into them (I may not always agree, but respect the effort), but he is a li'l obsessive about peoples heights.

i saw this. he also got a custom bike. i guess he was a vet. he had an operation, they messed up his pituitary gland in the process, and ever since hes grown like crazy. btw had to quite the vet job.

edit: just saw the vet part int he pasted article.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

Everyone writes 8'5, but I've seen him close to plenty of people and there's no way he's that tall. More like 7'7-7'9, but nowhere close to 8'5. The only way he can convince you otherwise is when he stands next to some 80-year old people from his village.

banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Everyone writes 8'5, but I've seen him close to plenty of people and there's no way he's that tall. More like 7'7-7'9, but nowhere close to 8'5. The only way he can convince you otherwise is when he stands next to some 80-year old people from his village.
    i feel the same thing bro, there's no so such big difference between him and the girls on that picture, i mean there is a big difference, but not for a guy is 8'5

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Thanks man.

yeah, that "real height" thread,,

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas

I think the 8'5" listing is highly exaggerated I do not think he will towered over taller athletes like Sun Ming Ming and Yao Ming. The Guinness Book of World record has loss it's credibility since he was over billed at 8'5" without being measured in front of the crowds using an advance version of the Stadiometer.

It's like the old WWF billing in which the Guinness Book of World Record listed Andre the Giant at 7'3" despite being measured at 6'11" in the 1970's.

He does not even towered over Yao Ming in this photo comparison, and i think his Guinness Book of Word Record measurement is very questionable because their is no way in hell that this guy is even 8 ft. tall.

I'll be generous and say he is 7'8" max in a good day, but Definitely not over 8 feet tall.

6-10 Hakeem Olajuwon, 7-5 Yao Ming, 7'6 3/4" Leonid Stadnyk, and a 5 ft tall Ukrainian Lady.