Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Kobe sends Vick an Autograph Jersey, tells him to "BE EPIC"

Pretty awesome thing to have right there. Nice gesture.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Aaron Rogers sent Kobe a Jersey last week.

No pic's provided.

Learning to shoot layups

It was a nice jester for Kobe to send Micele Vick a signed jersey what he wrote was very ironic because vick has all ready been epic in a very in humane and way with his dog fighting. Me as a animal lover do not think this crimnal should be allowed back in the NFL. Sorry for my rant but I could not help my self

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nashistheman
    It was a nice jester for Kobe to send Micele Vick a signed jersey what he wrote was very ironic because vick has all ready been epic in a very in humane and way with his dog fighting. Me as a animal lover do not think this crimnal should be allowed back in the NFL. Sorry for my rant but I could not help my self

I hope your a vegetarian then.

Banned

Gained some respect for Kobe.

Aaron Rodgers Vs. Michael Vick Will be EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1

I hope your a vegetarian then.
    I'll have to criticize your logic. Humans eat meat, just because a person is anti torturing of dogs doesn't mean they have to be vegetarian. Simple logic.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

I hope Troy Polamalu tackles Michael Vick and breaks his neck.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I'll have to criticize your logic. Humans eat meat, just because a person is anti torturing of dogs doesn't mean they have to be vegetarian. Simple logic.

And in China, Korea and South America people eat dog meat.

As I see it, raising cattle to be slaughtered for human consumption (or pigs, chickens, goats, or lamb is no different than raising and training dogs to fight, even to the death. The slaughter of animals is no less of a cause of death to the animals than a dog fight is a cause of death to the dogs. The consumption of animals is no more necessary than a dog fight. Both are ultimately for human pleasure. Meat is a luxury. Many go their entire natural lives without ever consuming meat.

You better be as eager to refute the meat and poultry industries as you are to refute Vick.

Where is the logic? You wear leather, right? You eat meat, right? Where is the outrage about the industries that allow you those pleasures? The reason you are not upset with them is that you don't see the "cruelty" that goes into killing a pig. Barely out of the womb, piglets are held up by one leg and subjected to the following: without anesthetic, their genitals and tails are cut off, their ears are sliced and their teeth are pulled out with pliers. This is how they begin their lives. The rest of it will be spent in a space barely large enough to move. This is a sentient animal with a nervous system fully capable of feeling pain just like you do.

But you know what? I love to eat bacon, beef and poultry products.
    Much in the same way that Vick enjoyed watching dogs do battle. So you won't hear me saying a word about Vick, because I know that if I said anything, I would be the world's biggest hypocrite.

Learning to shoot layups

Your logic is corrcect I am not a vegetarian and can not stand Pita but that is not for an NBA message board.

College superstar

Your logic is corrcect I am not a vegetarian and can not stand Pita but that is not for an NBA message board.
    What makes a dog better than any of the other animals that are consumed or killed for sport? What about horses that are forced to race and eventually terminated when they no longer perform?

This is double-standard. Western society pretty much decided on our own merit which animals are 'safe' and which are acceptable to kill for consumption, game and sport.

I guess pigs and cows aren't cute and cuddly so who gives a sh*t if they get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    And in China, Korea and South America people eat dog meat.

As I see it, raising cattle to be slaughtered for human consumption (or pigs, chickens, goats, or lamb is no different than raising and training dogs to fight, even to the death. The slaughter of animals is no less of a cause of death to the animals than a dog fight is a cause of death to the dogs. The consumption of animals is no more necessary than a dog fight. Both are ultimately for human pleasure. Meat is a luxury. Many go their entire natural lives without ever consuming meat.

You better be as eager to refute the meat and poultry industries as you are to refute Vick.

Where is the logic? You wear leather, right? You eat meat, right? Where is the outrage about the industries that allow you those pleasures? The reason you are not upset with them is that you don't see the "cruelty" that goes into killing a pig. Barely out of the womb, piglets are held up by one leg and subjected to the following: without anesthetic, their genitals and tails are cut off, their ears are sliced and their teeth are pulled out with pliers. This is how they begin their lives. The rest of it will be spent in a space barely large enough to move. This is a sentient animal with a nervous system fully capable of feeling pain just like you do.

But you know what? I love to eat bacon, beef and poultry products.
    Much in the same way that Vick enjoyed watching dogs do battle. So you won't hear me saying a word about Vick, because I know that if I said anything, I would be the world's biggest hypocrite.
    I don't eat bacon, and eat very little meat, part of that reason is because of the way they are slaughter, and how that industry attracts sadists that get off on killing the animals. Part of it is also because I'm a germ freak, and I wouldn't touch a cow, a dog, much less eat their dead meat.

Having said that, humans eat meat because it's part of life, it's essential for a human to be healthy. It's survivable. Yet you want to put someone eating meat in the same level as someone abducting other people's dogs, ripping their teeth out, so that their fighting dog could practice by ripping them to pieces? Amongst other things.

Perhaps you can see a dog getting hit by big rocks thrown by the neighborhood kids and not even consider the dog's pain, I seemed to be the only one who did, so judging by that percentage you probably are incapable, so being so different in that regard (in the visualizing someone else pain and feeling compassion) it's probably best if we end this discussion right here.
    Last edited by jstern; 07-07-2012 at 04:25 AM.

there are so many great jokes that i could make but they would all just get thousands of insults hurled at me so ill just stay away.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    did pb call kobe a front runner?
    He's also from Philly and knows what it's like to recover from being destroyed by the media.

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

Dear Michael,

Thanks again for dog sitting,

-Kobe

PS - Can I have the dog back yet?

College superstar

Really? I love that stuff with some good hummus. Good, healthy snackin'.