Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    LAL|LAC

Default Re: By the end of their careers, LBJ will be best SF ever, Wade 2nd best SG ever

Hulk Hogan = Bladers ... ???

Default Re: By the end of their careers, LBJ will be best SF ever, Wade 2nd best SG ever

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    comparing by age really makes no sense because wade wasn't even in the league.

so is KG better than kobe because he turned into a better player quicker. or how about lebron? lebron destroys kobe on an age basis. i think that is a silly comparison.

you should compare the number of quality years each player has regardless of age. is nash better than other players because he's better at age this age? how about kg over duncan or dirk over kg and duncan. is dirk now better because he's clealry still elite while duncan has seriously fallen off.

Both KG & Lebron had a better body at that age... ur giving me the casual fan argument. As if I don't know the different type of circumstances these players were in. But i'm not biting on it maybe a casual fan will.

Comparing players by age makes alot more sense...

Just like yo can't compare a 30yr prime player to a 40yr old player, yo
    Last edited by G-Funk; 12-29-2010 at 03:22 AM.

LAL|LAC

just because wade went to college does not mean he can't surpass kobe. what you reference is how you would rank a career...not a player. there is a difference.

wade's numbers and efficiency levels will be better than kobe's if both maintain their current career averages. the premise is that wade wins 3 more titles and at least 1 more finals mvp. if that happens it would be very likely that wade's level of play in the nba finals would blow kobe's out of the water considering wade already owns one of the best finals performances of all time.

wade has consistently played better against the elite defenses in the league as well.

in 6 years (if he remains healthy) wade will be a 12 time all star and add 6 more all-nba and all defense honors.

either way it would be very very close between the two players.

the career averages would both essentially be 25/5/5...with wade being more efficient and less selfish.

its really not far fetched at all.

and that is just the numbers aspect. anyone with a set of eyes knows that when wade is healthy he's one of the best players ever. most already have him in the top 35 all time because of how good he's been. if he adds 6 more great years with some honors and titles he'll be right there with the 15 best of all time.

its not a knock on kobe...kobe is amazing, but wade has been just as good or better since the 05 season (wade's 2nd year)

wade was better in 05 and 06
    kobe was better in 07 and 08
    09 and 10 are a toss up to me but i prefer wade.

now wade has an elite team that should win multiple titles over the next 6 years. if he doesn't. then he won't get much all time greatest sg talk after jordan. if he does? he'll sky rocket up the all time rankings because there simply aren't many guys all time that could dominate from the perimeter like him at his efficiency that won multiple titles.
    Look, you know I love Wade and I think he has a case for best player in the game when 100% healthy...

But.. what makes you think Wade is going to continue his elite play when he's in his 30's? I think his body will deteriorate faster than Kobe's due to his style of play. He doesn't have a polished offensive game like Kobe, so I don't see him being able to adjust once he starts declining athletically.

When it's all said and done...
    1. MJ
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    2. Kobe
    3. Wade

No shame in being the 3rd greatest SG OF ALL TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    A lot of people in this thread need to look at Larry Bird's playoff stats.

Dude is unpassable as the best SF ever. Clutch, best J, great post-up, ridiculous hustle.....best passing forward ever.

LeBron gets half his assists from open 3-PT shooters LOL Look at some of these passes by Larry Bird...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhnRtgBGMl4
    In just a few minutes of video, it shows why Bird is the greatest SF of all time... Lebron??? come on!!! Except driving to the basket and dunk by his pure strength, what else he is beter than Bird?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA KB24
    Look, you know I love Wade and I think he has a case for best player in the game when 100% healthy...

But.. what makes you think Wade is going to continue his elite play when he's in his 30's? I think his body will deteriorate faster than Kobe's due to his style of play. He doesn't have a polished offensive game like Kobe, so I don't see him being able to adjust once he starts declining athletically.

When it's all said and done...
    1. MJ
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    2. Kobe
    3. Wade

No shame in being the 3rd greatest SG OF ALL TIME.

i can't see the future. and i don't think wade will surpass kobe in terms of career ranking

however. in the hypothetical put out in this thread it assumed wade won 3 more titles and 1 more finals mvp in the next 6 years. which i think is reasonable.

and if the above were to happen....i honestly don't know who i would rank 2nd all time...wade or kobe.

put it this way. lets say kobe winds up with 14 elite years and wade winds up with 11 elite years. so what? is that enough to be the difference? if so....then KG should have a legit case against duncan if kg wins one more title because KG has seriously outlasted duncan in terms of quality years in the league.

i just don't look at it that way. i personally like to look at the 10 to 12 best years of a players' career and see what their level of play and impact was and then look at things like playoff performances/titles/accolades/stats/...then i just simply evaluate them in terms of the "eye test"

and wade would pass all of those measures for me. if he plays 11 plus elite years and has slightly better numbers than kobe and has at least 4 titles...what is keeping him behind kobe? nothing for me simply because i think wade is the superior player when i watch the game. the numbers back me up as well.

this is not a hate thread on kobe. its a legit discussion about what wade needs to do to surpass him as a PLAYER...not in terms of who had the better career.

3-time NBA All-Star

injuries could derail wade. i've said this time and time again. but if you are going to talk about wade having a bad year and a half then you have to bring up kobe in the 04/05 season. he was often injured and not elite. his team with butler and odom was ten games under .500 when kobe played. that is not elite.

that is why i didn't bring it up for wade or kobe. this will be kobe's 11th season as an elite player and wade's 7th. thats all i was pointing out.

you simply can't bring up wade's 08 season without bringing up kobe's 05.
    And the Heat were 30 games under .500 when Wade played in 08. Wade's 08 season is much worse then Kobe's 05. Whatever the case, either way, its highly doubtful Wade will have the longevity that Kobe has. With similar level of play at their best, similar achievements, but Kobe's most likely greater longevity, its highly doubtful Wade surpasses Kobe.