Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Supporting Casts of All Time Greats

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Only thing that jumped out at you?

Howard played with Kobe 1 season; Nash, Malone & Payton weren't even all-stars let alone MVP's the year they played with Kobe & Shaq.

It was an interesting thread idea until I read the post.

rank sentamentalist

you should tally up the total number of all-star appearances by all of x's teammates. if i play with four all-stars but they are jamaal mcgloire, rasheed wallace, kyle lowry, and klay thompson... but u play with one all star for 10 years named kobe bryant... well u see what i'm saying

actually what would be best is number of all-star years played with. so if malone wasn't an all-star when he played with kobe, don't list him. tho i guess that would thin our your lists quite a bit. hmmm

good informative stats based thread tho

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    you should tally up the total number of all-star appearances by all of x's teammates. if i play with four all-stars but they are jamaal mcgloire, rasheed wallace, kyle lowry, and klay thompson... but u play with one all star for 10 years named kobe bryant... well u see what i'm saying

actually what would be best is number of all-star years played with. so if malone wasn't an all-star when he played with kobe, don't list him. tho i guess that would thin our your lists quite a bit. hmmm

good informative stats based thread tho
    Duncan Allstar Teammates (years played with Duncan):

David Robinson (3x Allstar)
    Tony Parker (6x Allstar)
    Manu Ginobili (2x Allstar)

Final Tally: 3 Allstars (11 years total)

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    How about never even played one NBA minute with Duncan?
    I noticed that, lol. Putting people Duncan's never even played with on the list still doesn't get him the supporting cast the other "greats" have. Duncan is top 3-4.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    I noticed that, lol. Putting people Duncan's never even played with on the list still doesn't get him the supporting cast the other "greats" have. Duncan is top 3-4.
    Did you also notice how I included Hibbert (hasn't played for with Kobe yet) Nash (barely played with Kobe), Malone, Payton, Dwight (all played just one season with Kobe)?

Funny how you didn't have a problem with those...

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Did you also notice how I included Hibbert (hasn't played for with Kobe yet) Nash (barely played with Kobe), Malone, Payton, Dwight (all played just one season with Kobe)?

Funny how you didn't have a problem with those...
    YOU are the one who is extending into the future - anyone of them could drop dead tomorrow. The fact is that Hibbert, LMA and West have not played one NBA minute with either Kobe or Duncan and should not be included on these lists.

Good college starter

YOU are the one who is extending into the future - anyone of them could drop dead tomorrow. The fact is that Hibbert, LMA and West have not played one NBA minute with either Kobe or Duncan and should not be included on these lists.
    The most hilarious part about all this is that even with the skewed/out of context tallies Duncan still ends up looking better than everyone else and you Duncan Vampires still find a way to b*tch about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Duncan Allstar Teammates (years played with Duncan):

David Robinson (3x Allstar)
    Tony Parker (6x Allstar)
    Manu Ginobili (2x Allstar)

Final Tally: 3 Allstars (11 years total)
    Ops system is way flawed.. but so is this. Manu has to be a top 10 SG of all time.. graded out impact wise as the third best SG of the 00s decade after kobe and wade.. 2 AS's does him no justice (and wow its amazing that's all he's got).

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    The most hilarious part about all this is that even with the skewed/out of context tallies Duncan still ends up looking better than everyone else and you Duncan Vampires still find a way to b*tch about it.
    We know he looks good.

But gotta stick up for my fellow Spur fan especially when YOU are the one foretelling the future. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Ops system is way flawed.. but so is this. Manu has to be a top 10 SG of all time.. graded out impact wise as the third best SG of the 00s decade after kobe and wade.. 2 AS's does him no justice (and wow its amazing that's all he's got).
    Hey, it wasn't my idea. I'm just putting RidonKs' suggestion out there. Maybe all-nba then since all-star can be a popularity contest. That's not gonna help with Manu either as he's "ONLY" been on 2 all-nba (third) teams

Sometimes being on the Spurs is an advantage - this is one of the very few times.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Dirk:

Jason Kidd(1 time)/Steve Nash(2 times)/Josh Howard(1 time)

That's it.

Going by the criteria listed above. And Jason Kidd's invite was because it was snowing in Dallas, the game was in Dallas, and they had to have an injury replacement on **very** short notice. It was the 2009-2010 year in which Kidd averaged 7/6/6.
    Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 07-20-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Spurs' whole has always been greater than its parts. Manu, even in his old age, really makes the second unit go - the ultimate compliment when you make your team mates better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

context?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Spurs' whole has always been greater than its parts. Manu, even in his old age, really makes the second unit go - the ultimate compliment when you make your team mates better.
    Agreed.. They've always been one of the most well-balanced teams of all time.