Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Mike Brown: Nash shouldnt run the picknroll because it has never won a title

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    He's saying the team shouldn't exclusively run pick and roll, not that they should never run it.
    this

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012...ownmov-2273701

Default Re: Mike Brown: Nash shouldnt run the picknroll because it has never won a title

So they paid Nash 9 mil to be a spot up shooter?

This offense they are trying to run is a joke, and has never worked at the NBA level. It will be abandoned within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    He is not a top 10 point guard in the NBA.
    That's a wild call out

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    So they paid Nash 9 mil to be a spot up shooter?

This offense they are trying to run is a joke, and has never worked at the NBA level. It will be abandoned within a month.

Daniel Gibson 2.0

You are thinking short term wins. Nash is old. He doesn't have the balance and quickness to create offense consistently against teams SAS, Memphis, OKC and Miami in the playoffs. The goal isn't to win regular season games. The only way this old team beats them is with an offensive system. I'm not saying run Kobe-ball, I'm saying run a damn motion offense.

If Nash is such a great pg he should be to manipulate the Princeton offense and be an efficient and effective pg within it. Jason Kidd did by making good cuts to create passing angles and making the best of his opportunities. I hope Nash can do the same thing, if not it is gonna be hard overcoming his piss poor defense.
    Just out of interest.
    Name the planet and year you're in right now..

Cause you are clearly totally out of sinc with everyone else's reality.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Just out of interest.
    Name the planet and year you're in right now..

Cause you are clearly totally out of sinc with everyone else's reality.
    I'll take that as a compliment.

NBA Superstar

the bottom line to me is no matter what excuses people want to make for their current offense, its just completely unacceptable to run so few iso's or pick n rolls at all in their first 2 games given their talent in relation to every other team. i don't think they ran one pick n roll in their first game, and maybe tried a few in their second at most. meanwhile they continue to flounder all thru the preseason and their first 2 games when there have been such high expectations.

anyone who isn't blind can see how poorly their current offense utilizes their talent. why the fukk would you be passing it around everywhere to whoevers open in some team ball based system when you're so individually talented? if you had a bunch of scrubs that can't win their matchups i can get that. i mean logically speaking and from what everyone is visibly watching, how the fukk does that make sense? theres just so much they're doing that makes no sense in relation to their talent like slow down halfcourt ball when you got rid of your immobile big man for someone who is much more mobile, got a PG that is known for pushing the temp which opens up lanes and easy baskets, and they have the most talented starting lineup in the NBA but want to keep games close by slowing it down
    Last edited by Godzuki; 11-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

I'm sorry but noone ever actually stopped Nash and Amare. It was more Amare's defensive struggles and rebounding problems. I don't think this team would have those issues. With dwight and gasol.

I'll take that as a compliment.
    You take being completely delusional as a compliment? Wait..don't answer that.

1. Lets talk about now. Not 5 years ago. Right now, Nash is the 4th best player on his own team. He is not a top 10 point guard in the NBA. He own team would be better off with 15 other pgs.
    Not top 10 poing guard anymore...

Who ever implied Mike Brown understands how to run an offense with multiple ballhandlers?

In this offense Gasol has the ball WAY too much at the top of the floor...I mean, gasol is a good passer and all, but some of the TOs come from other teams pressuring him and him not being able to respond well..because he's 7 feet and not too quick

I've even seen MWP with the ball dribbling which is the scariest thing in the NBA

I'd much rather nash or kobe have the ball generating the O

A writer tweeted something along the lines of "the Lakers FINALLY have a legit PG and they have no idea how to use him"

Last edited by KeyNote; 11-02-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Local High School Star

The mistake people are making here is assuming the Suns offense with Nash got worse in the playoffs. It didn't, the problem was the defensive end.

If you didn't get Nash to have him run the offense, there's no reason to have him.

I love the Princeton offense, but this team needs to look for easy transition and secondary transition buckets first. Then run your halfcourt offense, when things aren't flowing right.

But they also have to give all 3 of Pau/Kobe/Dwight iso opportunities also, as they can all be one on one advantages. For teams like the Kidd Nets/and the Kings it worked because they were at the top of the league in terms of transition scoring. I'd say neither of those teams had the one on one ability of this team also, or even close, but the Princeton can work for the Lakers. It just shouldn't be forced. More like a fall back plan to get good shots, when the offense is too disjointed.