Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Can anybody be a fan of Jordan/Kobe/Lebron simultaneously

No, you can't.

Conflicting agendas.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Yeah we all know who that clown is, don't we? I wholeheartedly agree on the coward part. They have no opinions of their own, so they come on a discussion board to hate on other people who do. Then try to intimidate you with their fake army of sock puppet accounts. Makes sense, if you don't think about it. And whomever either wants to make false accusations against me for supposedly having sock puppet, or want to believe said asinine false accusations, be my guest.

I'll just add those to the other false accusations leveled against me without any proof whatsoever, for the last 6 months. If ISH ever decides to start doing IP address checks, you're going to see a lot of posters on here disappear, cuz they're really sock puppet accounts of one person, a moron like bwink23/godzuki/32dayz, for instance. But it seems the admin has no interest in doing that, so...........
    Funny, I get the same flack for harping about the same thing. I'd love to see the day admins ban multiple accounts.

You and me are alike in the sense we like to use logic and can't tolerate idiocy.

Banned

"Can anybody be a fan of Jordan/Kobe/Lebron simultaneously"

"Can anybody be a stan of Jordan/Kobe/Lebron simultaneously"

Can someone be a fan of Michael Jackson, Elvins Presley and the Beatles at the same time?

Yes.

This is a stupid question and there's no difference.

It's like asking can someone be a fan of Bird and Magic at the same time. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Can someone be a fan of Michael Jackson, Elvins Presley and the Beatles at the same time?

Yes.

It's like asking can someone be a fan of Bird and Magic at the same time. Yes.
    It's an exaggerated question since it seems like on this board it's a mortal sin to defend one without another jumping all over you.

Yes.

There is a difference because music is an acquired taste and not as subjective as sports.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Well I like neither simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    "Can anybody be a fan of Jordan/Kobe/Lebron simultaneously"

"Can anybody be a stan of Jordan/Kobe/Lebron simultaneously"
    first post by you that actually made me

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    There is a difference because music is an acquired taste and not as subjective as sports.
    Disagree with that totally.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Jordan > Lebron >>>>> Kobe the stringbean

If you can't admit that all three are great players then you're a dipshit. What is it with all you kids on here picking one player and obsessing over him? is it a homosexual thing? What ever happened to being a fan of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Disagree with that totally.
    The way I see your question is comparing the Beatles, MJ, and Elvis is like comparing Jordan, Gretzky, and Babe Ruth and saying who was the greatest athlete. If you compared MJ, Prince, and James Brown it may be a different story.
    But more closer to the point is that music can't be compared by stats, homerism, and things that compute on paper. Music is more acquired and liking one form does not conflict with greatness in another category. I see your point but it's a little too broad to say they are the exact same comparison

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Funny, I get the same flack for harping about the same thing. I'd love to see the day admins ban multiple accounts.

You and me are alike in the sense we like to use logic and can't tolerate idiocy.
    Idiots are always going to be idiots, plain and simple. The trick is to let them tie themselves up in their own idiocy, which isn't hard really. Arguing with a clear and valid point, in a discussion, has it's use in possibly helping people to see your point of view on any issue. When you argue for the sake of arguing like a lot of people on here do, the only thing you're convincing people of, is your own stupidity. Being that's it becomes way obvious that you clearly have no real understanding of what you're talking about.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

There is a difference because music is an acquired taste
    It seems to me that music is much more innate than any particular sport. Almost everyone creates, and consumes music. Comparatively few play, or watch basketball.

and not as subjective as sports.
    I'd say music is much more subjective. Sports have objectives, and success at achieving those objectives can be objectively observed and quantified. There's a wide range of rhythms, and sound frequencies that can be described as musical. Any individual's preference for one over another is entirely subjective.

I agree that sports are often viewed differently, but for different reasons.

One is that a sport is much more competitive, by nature. If another team wins, your preferred team must lose. It's uncomfortable to contemplate the idea of your preferred team losing, so you delude yourself into thinking that your preferred team is the best team. If they do in fact lose, you'll probably rationalize it, by convincing yourself that they got screwed by the refs, bad luck, or unsporting tactics of some sort. Your delusions, and coping mechanisms lead to fear of, and resentment towards rival teams.

The other is the fact that sports typically involve some regional/tribal affiliation. People feel like "their" team represents them in some way. Their sense of affiliation with a certain franchise makes up a part of their self image. Because of this, they're more emotionally impacted by the results of a game. They feel insecure/depressed when the team loses, and they feel confident/happy when the team wins. Even their testosterone levels will temporarily spike, or plummet, depending on their team's success.

The words "team" and "player" are interchangeable in the above.

There usually isn't much direct competition in music, and there is less frequently a regional/tribal component, in modern times. There are some exceptions (e.g biggie vs tupac) where music does tap into those competitive/tribal tendencies, and in those cases their fans act crazy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    I was a fan of MJ and I liked Kobe because his game reminded me of MJ. I don't hate LeBron or anything but I just don't find his game that fun to watch...

I am a fan of silky-smooth jumpshots, tunraround fadeaways and unlimited range. I get more excited over great footwork than dunks and guys who live on the ft line

I do like LeBron's passing but his scoring game is very boring to me...

My favorite guys right now are Kobe, Deron and Rondo. Rondo is the rare non-jumpshooter that I like to watch.
    Well said.

I am... there is a difference between being a fan and a STAN...

I am. I am a fan of the NBA.