Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: What are the most irrelevant teams in the NBA?

Teams who I can't name more than 5 players on without looking it up online:

1. Bucks
    2. Warriors
    3. Raptors
    4. Pistons
    5. Wizards

I'd say that's my top 5 for least relevant teams

yeah, it's the bucks. warriors are pretty close

i wanted to say atlanta, but they're famous for being irrelevant, and that makes them sorta relevant. but they've gotta be the least cared about playoff team

sacramento at least had that run in the early 00s where they were foils for the lakers

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Teams who I can't name more than 5 players on without looking it up online:

1. Bucks
    2. Warriors
    3. Raptors
    4. Pistons
    5. Wizards

I'd say that's my top 5 for least relevant teams
    4 of these are large market teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieNourmous
    Sacramento Kings
    Minny Timberwolves
    Washedup Wizards
    Golden state Warriors
    Mil Bucks
    Okie Thunder ( hey, even the Kings had a few good years) I see westbrook and durant leaving oklahomer in the future,, what rich 20 year old kid wants to live in Tulsa or oklahoma city? If I was 23 and a millionaire I would ask for trade to LA Miami, NY. anywhere but cleveland oklahomer, minny, vancouver, sacramental. Sorry if you are from one of those cities, but I am sure you would move too.
    Oh how it is to be an uneducated teen.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

How are people saying Toronto? An entire country is behind them. The question is, "most irrelevant teams in the NBA" not "most irrelevant teams in America". Toronto Raptors arguably have the greatest potential of all teams. 50 years from now, I can see them being an internationally known franchise, up there with the other top 3-5 franchises. Right now some people see it as a negative that they're the only team in the NBA not located in the USA... I see that becoming a positive one day.

Quote Originally Posted by NLZ
    Toronto Raptors arguably have the greatest potential of all teams.
    That potential remains with our management. Time after time, they don't show us a proper direction for the team.

Are we rebuilding ? Are we going to contend ? Are we a darkhorse ? How long are we going to stay medicore ? How are we going to keep our players ? How are we going to attract lucrative free agents ?

No question that there are a lot of fans in Toronto (I personally have interacted with enough) and the majority of Canada has their back... but for how long do we stay inconsitent with our future plans ?

If the Raptors want to become one of the greatest franchises the NBA has ever seen, then the management needs a real long-term plan for it.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DixieNourmous
    Sacramento Kings
    Minny Timberwolves
    Washedup Wizards
    Golden state Warriors
    Mil Bucks
    Okie Thunder ( hey, even the Kings had a few good years) I see westbrook and durant leaving oklahomer in the future,, what rich 20 year old kid wants to live in Tulsa or oklahoma city? If I was 23 and a millionaire I would ask for trade to LA Miami, NY. anywhere but cleveland oklahomer, minny, vancouver, sacramental. Sorry if you are from one of those cities, but I am sure you would move too.
    1. Money goes A LOT farther in those small market cities than in places like LA or NY. Making $15 million in a place like Oklahoma City or Cleveland is like making $35 million in NYC or LA. In fact, I don't think there are even any state taxes in Oklahoma.

2. Being an NBA player in Oklahoma City or Cleveland carries a lot more prestige and clout than being an NBA player in LA or NY. When you're in NY and LA, you're no longer everyone's main focus because you're in the same city as a number of other very well known celebs and other rich/famous people.

3. The top 1% of women in nearly major city is always excellent. Although the women in OKC or Cleveland may not be of the same caliber as those in NY or LA as a whole, NBA players are only dealing with top 1% chicks anyway and that top 1% in OKC or Cleveland is probably on par with the top 5% in LA or NY (every major city has hot chicks and the top chicks in OKC and Cleveland are still extremely hot).

4. NBA players travel to 29 different cities during the season so it's not exactly the same as some accountant being stuck in a certain city year round.

5. NBA players can live wherever they'd like during the offseason. Just because they may play for OKC or Cleveland doesn't mean they have to live there year round. Many players live in cities like LA, Vegas, and Miami during the offseason and I'm sure they get everything they want to get done during those 3-4 months (that's enough time to sex 50+ hot chicks if the goal is to sleep with a ton of hot women).
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 07-22-2012 at 04:57 AM.