Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron is like Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    good, ur back. u have a lot of arguments to settle. get to work kid.
    haha.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Lerbon's a better individual player.
    I usually agree with you, but this? Just plain no. Magic to me is the #2 GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I usually agree with you, but this? Just plain no. Magic to me is the #2 GOAT.
    Are you seriously telling me that Lebron isn't a better basketball player than Magic? He might not have all the awards and accomplishments yet, though he sure as hell is a better player.
    As was Bird who during Magic's time resembled someone close to Lebron's skill set (although slightly less athletic).

In fact, out of all in my top 10, I think Magic individually might be the worst out of all of them. He just is fortunate enough to have played with great players and achieved a lot in his career.

Lebron's so much more athletic than Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    To me, Lebron and Magic are very similar players, Lebron is a better scorer, while Magic is a better passer.

Lebron has accomplished some major stuff in his first few years in the league, nothing short of what Magic has done.

If Lebron had Kareem and other all star players Magic had, I am sure that he would be able to win just as many rings if not more.

I rule the local playground

Well yea....... Lebron has been compared to Magic since he was like 18 years old and has been dubbed as the first ever "Next Magic Johnson". He certainly looked like a Magic clone in his first NBA game, starting PG and diming out 9 assists in a hurry... passing up open dunks and everything just to make his teammates better and more happy.

Afterall, how many 6
    Last edited by whatever666; 08-27-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Banned

In a nutshell:

Lebron - Freak Athletic but dumb version of Magic Johnson (Still beast though)
    Magic - Smart High IQ version of Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    In a nutshell:

Lebron - Freak Athletic but dumb version of Magic Johnson (Still beast though)
    Magic - Smart High IQ version of Magic Johnson
    In what way is Lebron a dumb basketballer? Unless you were talking outside of basketball?

Banned

In what way is Lebron a dumb basketballer? Unless you were talking outside of basketball?
    Outside of course don't get me wrong, Lebron's passing and court vision is underrated because of his scoring.

I mean they're like a different variation of Magic (tho I know it's weird to compare Magic with himself as a constant)

2 versions of Magic, one is a Diva. As for bball skills and play, very similar...

The Holy Trinity

Are you seriously telling me that Lebron isn't a better basketball player than Magic? He might not have all the awards and accomplishments yet, though he sure as hell is a better player.
    As was Bird who during Magic's time resembled someone close to Lebron's skill set (although slightly less athletic).

In fact, out of all in my top 10, I think Magic individually might be the worst out of all of them. He just is fortunate enough to have played with great players and achieved a lot in his career.
    You are colossally underrating Magic. If only the offensive side of the ball were considered, I'd have him as #1 GOAT. Defense is what gives Jordan the nod.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    You are colossally underrating Magic. If only the offensive side of the ball were considered, I'd have him as #1 GOAT. Defense is what gives Jordan the nod.
    And you're severely overrating him. In what way is he a better offensive player than Jordan? Scoring in basketball is the hardest thing to do and the most important. A great scorer will always be better than a great passer. That is clear cut fact. And they will in fact be more dominant.

Even a low post scorer is more valuable than a great passer. Shaq/Duncan/Hakeem work like hell to get open, bumping/fighting in the post for position trying to get that lob over the top or the alley oop. It's much easier, and makes you look a lot better when you have a guy that can do that for a point guard.

Wilt, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kareem, Olajuwon, Kobe were all in my opinion better offensive options and players.

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Nice way to elaborate on your post.

Magic during his peak play of 5 seasons or so was a 19-6-12 guy. Lebron has proven to be a 30-7-7 guy.

I can't see anything close to facepalm worthy in my response as opposed to yours...

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    Outside of course don't get me wrong, Lebron's passing and court vision is underrated because of his scoring.

I mean they're like a different variation of Magic (tho I know it's weird to compare Magic with himself as a constant)

2 versions of Magic, one is a Diva. As for bball skills and play, very similar...
    Lebrons passing and court vision is overrated he makes his teammates worse and has the ball in his hands too much

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Lebrons passing and court vision is overrated he makes his teammates worse and has the ball in his hands too much
    How did he make that team worse if they won 66 games and 60+ again a season later?

Do you realize how insane it is to win 60+, let alone 55+ wins with that team that he had?