Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs Dirk Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    This is crazy. The only thing dirk has over pippen is a better jumpshot. Another comparison in which pippen get disrepected. Pippen is the better passer, better rebounder, and farrrrrrrrrrrrr better defensively.

Pippen is better than dirk.
    wow... man... looking at ur name i'd swear u would have chosen dirk... lol.. u biased lil fuuuck...

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

As much as I like Dirk, Pippen was the better player.

Dirk is the better offensive player, but jesus christ people. . Pippen is much better in so many areas.

Pippen is:

Much more athletic
    Has much better handles
    Is a much better passer
    Is easily a better defender, in the post and on the perimeter

Dirk is:

slightly better rebounder
    better jumpshot
    taller

And let's not act like Pippen wasn't a 20 PPG scorer anyway. Dirk is a better scorer sure, but Pippen was still a good scorer, and a great facilitator who also happened to play fantastic defense.

Pippen is better. By whatever margin.

Pippen, by the time dirk career is over he'll be around 20 to 25 all time near pippen.
    Last edited by Disaprine; 05-05-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    wow... man... looking at ur name i'd swear u would have chosen dirk... lol.. u biased lil fuuuck...
    Shut yo strange A.S.S up.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    As much as I like Dirk, Pippen was the better player.

Dirk is the better offensive player, but jesus christ people. . Pippen is much better in so many areas.

Pippen is:

Much more athletic
    Has much better handles
    Is a much better passer
    Is easily a better defender, in the post and on the perimeter

Dirk is:

slightly better rebounder
    better jumpshot
    taller

And let's not act like Pippen wasn't a 20 PPG scorer anyway. Dirk is a better scorer sure, but Pippen was still a good scorer, and a great facilitator who also happened to play fantastic defense.

Pippen is better. By whatever margin.
    I wouldn't even say he's a better rebounder. I mean, the man is 7'0 tall to pippen 6'8. Pippen giving him 4 inches. He should be a dominating rebounder. Pound for pound, pippen is a better rebounder.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Dirk is the more talented player, but Scottie is the better two way player. Scottie also has 6 rings(as a sidekick or otherwise) and Dirk doesn't have any. Scottie is ranked higher for now, but Dirk with a ring may surpass him.
    This...but I do think that Pippen and Dirk would make a pretty awesome duo together.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I wouldn't even say he's a better rebounder. I mean, the man is 7'0 tall to pippen 6'8. Pippen giving him 4 inches. He should be a dominating rebounder. Pound for pound, pippen is a better rebounder.
    Ok, 1st of all, acting as if Pippen was a sure 20 ppg player is cherrypicking. He only had a very short stretch in his career (4-6y) where he produced those number in the regular season or in the playoffs. Dirk on the other hand got you around 25 pts in both regular season an playoffs for practically 10 y now on a much higher efficiency. Dirk is a career 26pts playoff performer as the 1st option vs Pippen being - even in his prime years - a 19pts playoff performer. THIS IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

2nd, even when not looking at the number and taking "nonmeasurable" things in account - such as Pippens better defense. I swear to god, it seems that people rarely watch Dirk play and how teams react to him. If one still has not grasp that for 10y now, Dirk on the team means huuuge intangibles than you do not understand basketball. Teams design their gameplan around stopping him, teams have to pick their poison if you double him (leaving other teammates open & given them much higher % shots) or if they guard him one-on-one and this normally means that big opposing men get stretched out of their comfort zone and creating penetrating lanes for Dirk

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

I cant even believe this is a thread. Constant winner, position redefining player vs shoot only, perennial choker uhh gee whiz.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

damn good question....

first u have Scottie The Naughty Pippen... Known for his amazingly naughty sexuality off the court.. He was even naughtier on the court... One of the most crafty players of all time... He wasn't just jordans *****... He was his own man.... Powerful... Milk chocolate... great man... Amazing player

then u have Dirk The Horse Faced Assassin Nowitzki... he looks like a fukkin horse no lie... He's known to be more shy in the bedroom... But never shy on court... He has one of the most unstoppable moves in NBA history... He comes up big in big games and cums big in big bedrooms... Great player... Great father and son... Good not great bowler... Amazing player

damn good question....

first u have Scottie The Naughty Pippen... Known for his amazingly naughty sexuality off the court.. He was even naughtier on the court... One of the most crafty players of all time... He wasn't just jordans *****... He was his own man.... Powerful... Milk chocolate... great man... Amazing player

then u have Dirk The Horse Faced Assassin Nowitzki... he looks like a fukkin horse no lie... He's known to be more shy in the bedroom... But never shy on court... He has one of the most unstoppable moves in NBA history... He comes up big in big games and cums big in big bedrooms... Great player... Great father and son... Good not great bowler... Amazing player
    At first you were annoying but now all your posts have me rolling.

Magic Johnson

Who's this JB220 troll? He/she/it's ridiculous.

Local High School Star

[QUOTE=hookul]Ok, 1st of all, acting as if Pippen was a sure 20 ppg player is cherrypicking. He only had a very short stretch in his career (4-6y) where he produced those number in the regular season or in the playoffs. Dirk on the other hand got you around 25 pts in both regular season an playoffs for practically 10 y now on a much higher efficiency. Dirk is a career 26pts playoff performer as the 1st option vs Pippen being - even in his prime years - a 19pts playoff performer. THIS IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

2nd, even when not looking at the number and taking "nonmeasurable" things in account - such as Pippens better defense. I swear to god, it seems that people rarely watch Dirk play and how teams react to him. If one still has not grasp that for 10y now, Dirk on the team means huuuge intangibles than you do not understand basketball. Teams design their gameplan around stopping him, teams have to pick their poison if you double him (leaving other teammates open & given them much higher % shots) or if they guard him one-on-one and this normally means that big opposing men get stretched out of their comfort zone and creating penetrating lanes for Dirk

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

damn good question....

Lol Scottie the Naughty Pippen.

Also Dirk's face does look like the horse on the Mavericks symbol.

Not airballing my layups anymore silenc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Wilt Chamberlain
    3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    4. Bill Russell
    5. Shaquille Oneal
    6. Magic Johnson
    7. Larry Bird
    8. Oscar Robertson
    9. Tim Duncan