Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default The reasons LAL will fail.

There are a number of reasons why LA will fail and I LOL when I see this team being compared to the meet up of NBA greats LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

-Kobe Bryant. This is 2012. Not 2006, 2008, or even 2010. Kobe can still put up points, but does so in a way that is a hindrance to the team. At age 34 this guy is cancerous. High volume shooting with low percentage shots. Part of LAs problem last year was that Kobes ego was too big to allow him to defer to Andrew Bynum who was a superior player. This guy will no doubt be doing the same thing next year. It is who he is, he is incapable of change. For ****s sake he wasn't willing to defer to a prime Shaq in the 2004 Finals and cost his team a title single handly. Kobe at 34 is just not good enough to be the leader of a championship team and no way he will defer to Howard who is by far the superior player.

-Spacing in the paint. Dwight Howard is an inferior offensive low post threat to Bynum. His footwork just isn't on the same level, and thus he takes longer to get to his spot and make his move. With Orlando it wasn't a problem because they simply surrounded him with 4 three point shooters. In LA his only reliable shooter will be Steve Nash and Gasol will be clogging the paint making it easier to collapse on Howard. Howard is not that good of a passer and this could be problematic.

-Steve Nash. Remember how Steve Nash's career jump started when he signed with Phoenix? Yeah, that's because he went to a team thats offense was specifically catered to his skill set. In Los Angeles he will not be the main focal point, the second point, or even the third. Nash will be forced to play with a primary halfcourt team such as he did with Dallas, or even in Phoenix when the Suns catered to Shaq with a halfcourt offense and Nash's stats suffered greatly. He'll be good, but your not getting the MVP or even the 2012 Suns Nash.

-Mike Brown. Just another typical negro coach that is incapable of doing his job. Let's be real, this guy sucks complete ****. Nothing more needs to be said.

In the end this team probably won't even beat the Thunder, let alone my World Champion Heat squad.

Default Re: The reasons LAL will fail.

Hey a Marino avy. Another fellow Heat/Dolphins fan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Just like Dan Marino failed every single year of his NFL career?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Just like Dan Marino failed every single year of his NFL career?
    Not his fault. He never had a defense and a running game.

He was like LeBron in Cleveland. He was trapped carrying bad teams to the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Hey a Marino avy. Another fellow Heat/Dolphins fan.

How are you liking Hard Knocks ? First episode was pretty good. I'm really looking forward to next weeks which looks like it'll focus on the offensive line. Really wanna get a good look at Jake Long and Richie Incognito, two beasts.

If you arn't watching it, you better tune in!

Very good NBA starter

So much wrong.

Banned

2012 =
    kobe 28/5/5
    nash 13/4/11
    pau 17/10/4
    howard 20/14/2

sorry but you act as if this is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice

How are you liking Hard Knocks ? First episode was pretty good. I'm really looking forward to next weeks which looks like it'll focus on the offensive line. Really wanna get a good look at Jake Long and Richie Incognito, two beasts.

If you arn't watching it, you better tune in!
    It was good. I think they were forcing stories like the Vontae one, but I still liked it. I also want to see the O-line. It was a big problem last season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    2012 =
    kobe 28/5/5
    nash 13/4/11
    pau 17/10/4
    howard 20/14/2

sorry but you act as if this is garbage
    We'll see who still gets those numbers next year.

The answer: none of them.

Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

NBA sixth man of the year

There are a number of reasons why LA will fail and I LOL when I see this team being compared to the meet up of NBA greats LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

-Kobe Bryant. This is 2012. Not 2006, 2008, or even 2010. Kobe can still put up points, but does so in a way that is a hindrance to the team. At age 34 this guy is cancerous. High volume shooting with low percentage shots. Part of LAs problem last year was that Kobes ego was too big to allow him to defer to Andrew Bynum who was a superior player. This guy will no doubt be doing the same thing next year. It is who he is, he is incapable of change. For ****s sake he wasn't willing to defer to a prime Shaq in the 2004 Finals and cost his team a title single handly. Kobe at 34 is just not good enough to be the leader of a championship team and no way he will defer to Howard who is by far the superior player.

-Spacing in the paint. Dwight Howard is an inferior offensive low post threat to Bynum. His footwork just isn't on the same level, and thus he takes longer to get to his spot and make his move. With Orlando it wasn't a problem because they simply surrounded him with 4 three point shooters. In LA his only reliable shooter will be Steve Nash and Gasol will be clogging the paint making it easier to collapse on Howard. Howard is not that good of a passer and this could be problematic.

-Steve Nash. Remember how Steve Nash's career jump started when he signed with Phoenix? Yeah, that's because he went to a team thats offense was specifically catered to his skill set. In Los Angeles he will not be the main focal point, the second point, or even the third. Nash will be forced to play with a primary halfcourt team such as he did with Dallas, or even in Phoenix when the Suns catered to Shaq with a halfcourt offense and Nash's stats suffered greatly. He'll be good, but your not getting the MVP or even the 2012 Suns Nash.

-Mike Brown. Just another typical negro coach that is incapable of doing his job. Let's be real, this guy sucks complete ****. Nothing more needs to be said.

In the end this team probably won't even beat the Thunder, let alone my World Champion Heat squad.

Plausible.

Dude the reason why the Lakers lost in 04 is because the Pistons were the better team and Karl Malone was hurt you dumb stan.

Kobe didn't defer to Bynum because every time he had the ball it was a 50% of a turnover because of his innability to pass the ball. He was effective on offense but didn't pass the ball when he could, heck, even Shaq pass the ball and he sucked at that and he was way more dominant than him.

if Wade learned to defer to Lebrick I am pretty sure Kobe will defer to Nash for playmaking. He doesn't even want the ball all the time, all he wants is to shoot it

The reason Miami will fail next season.

LAKERS

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sleu27
    Boy Obama's hair sure has taken a turn for the worse.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

-Kobe Bryant.[ .......] Andrew Bynum who was a superior player [.......]

Stopped reading there