Default Kentavious Caldwell-Pope injured, just a sprain

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope escaped fears of a major knee injury when an MRI indicated no structural damage or torn ligaments after a nasty spill in the Detroit Pistons' preseason game Sunday at Washington.

The second-year guard injured his left knee, now confirmed as a strain, in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to the Wizards.

-- Michigan Live

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope injured, just a sprain

Very lucky - it didn't look good at first, happy it is only minor as he has been doing more than we probably all expected...

NBA lottery pick

I need to see him do it consistently through the regular season. The summer league and pre-season don't mean much to me. I still have Austin Daye flash backs

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

haha Daye... You watch him become a valuable stretch player for the Spurs now,

KCP's head seems a lot more into than Daye, KCP looks so determined man, that is what excites me the most about him

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    haha Daye... You watch him become a valuable stretch player for the Spurs now,

KCP's head seems a lot more into than Daye, KCP looks so determined man, that is what excites me the most about him
    I do wish the best for Daye. Although there is part of me that would be bummed if he finally started playing to his potential. The guy shot the ball so effortlessly and then when he got limited opportunities he just never stepped up. He could be a good stretch forward though. Joe D used to love those types of guys lol. I actually think SVG would still like to have him too. Yes, KCP seems to have a different mind set. Especially on the defensive end of the court.