Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Westbrook is a pitiful athlete compared to the elite tier like Lebron/MJ/Carter

Great thread TS. I would read again.

Default Re: Westbrook is a pitiful athlete compared to the elite tier like Lebron/MJ/Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Simply put, Russell Westbrook is the most athletic point guard in the history of the league, bar none.

Although that may be difficult for some to accept, but it is true.
    Rose in 2011 was more athletic I think. He had the agility that WB doesn't have. Granted Rose is smaller, but the gap was sizeable.

So wait...what's Westbrook's vertical again?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    So wait...what's Westbrook's vertical again?
    POVERTY.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Rose in 2011 was more athletic I think. He had the agility that WB doesn't have. Granted Rose is smaller, but the gap was sizeable.
    The 2011 version of Rose is arguable in this discussion.

Derrick Rose is definitely more agile and has ability to change directions better than Westbrook and he's also more ambidextrous with a better ability to finish around the rim on various acrobatic shots with either hand.

Although from the eye test, Russell Westbrook appears to be more explosive, stronger and finishes with more veracity around the rim. I will also give Westbrook advantage over Rose because he's played at a higher level for a longer period of time and Rose, unfortunately, is more of a flash in the pan due to injuries because he hasn't been elite for four years.

Who cares if his leaping ability isn't the best of all time? The man is doing a phenomenal work in the NBA, living the dream while you're writing no sense on ISH.
    I guess a lot of players would love to have his vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Who cares if his leaping ability isn't the best of all time? The man is doing a phenomenal work in the NBA, living the dream while you're writing no sense on ISH.
    I guess a lot of players would love to have his vertical.
    Maybe OP's an astronaut.