Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just a got a Scooter... pretty sick. No really.

So ya there it is. A Roma Hornet (Mine's black tho). 149 CC street and freeway (tho I would never ride it on the freeway) legal scooter. Reaches top speeds of about 65 (If I get pretty low otherwise around 60) and somewhere between 75-90 MPG. I got it because my car is getting old and starting to have problems... and I figured at the MPG hell it would pay for itself. It has pretty good get up and go... I mean not many cars are going to beat that little thing off the line... but the coolest thing about it is that it looks like an actual sport bike. I couldn't ride around one of those little Vespa's or something... just looks too retarded IMO although they are still fun to ride around in. Anyway it cost me about 2 grand after taxes and I think it's pretty sick.

One of these days if all goes well with the scooter and I'm still in one piece I'll go for a real sportbike, but I think this is a good little starter to learn on and it's really convenient. You don't even need a motorcycle license for it. I'm kind of curious as to what an actual sportbike rider thinks of these (everyoen else seems to think it's tight)... is it a pretty cool idea? or just a phony sportbike scooter thing? Either way I'm havin fun with it and saving money and that's what counts.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Just a got a Scooter... pretty sick. No really.

Amen.

Root Of All Evil

Swag !!! Nice haul.

Thanks SS and Scoot how did I know you would post here?

Those scooters that are 'pretend-motorcycles' are the worst thing in existence.

You look like an idiot on something that looks like a sportsbike, and then when you drive away it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

You look like an idiot on something that looks like a sportsbike, and then when you drive away it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
    haaaterrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Actually it doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9pwfVIPiWM

that's what it sounds like if the audio works for you (wasn't working for me). Got a nice purr to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916

So ya there it is. A Roma Hornet (Mine's black tho). 149 CC street and freeway (tho I would never ride it on the freeway) legal scooter. Reaches top speeds of about 65 (If I get pretty low otherwise around 60) and somewhere between 75-90 MPG. I got it because my car is getting old and starting to have problems... and I figured at the MPG hell it would pay for itself. It has pretty good get up and go... I mean not many cars are going to beat that little thing off the line... but the coolest thing about it is that it looks like an actual sport bike. I couldn't ride around one of those little Vespa's or something... just looks too retarded IMO although they are still fun to ride around in. Anyway it cost me about 2 grand after taxes and I think it's pretty sick.

One of these days if all goes well with the scooter and I'm still in one piece I'll go for a real sportbike, but I think this is a good little starter to learn on and it's really convenient. You don't even need a motorcycle license for it. I'm kind of curious as to what an actual sportbike rider thinks of these (everyoen else seems to think it's tight)... is it a pretty cool idea? or just a phony sportbike scooter thing? Either way I'm havin fun with it and saving money and that's what counts.

I'm sorry man, but I would never ride a 150cc that looked like this. you wouldn't even be able to take it on the freeway. it reminds me of those kids who plaster spoilers and mugen power stickers all over their stock civics. who are you trying to kid? I have more respect for the guy riding a Vespa.

you can buy a real sport bike for 2 grand used. Just start off with a 600cc. that's what I did (used honda cbr 600 first, then a new yamaha r1 later on)
    Last edited by rezznor; 06-20-2011 at 07:29 PM.

nice. damn

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Yo Rezz, any recommendations for something more around $1K? For a beginner. Never rode at all, not even once. But I've been kind of wanting to get one lately.

get a used bike, I wouldn't get anything over a 600cc to start off with. even that is plenty of power tbh. for $1000 you will be getting one that's several years old but that's fine, there's a good chance you will be going down while you are learning it anyways.

i've owned an r1 and cbr but have ridden various friend's ninja 750, cbr 1000, gsxr 750 and 1000, yamaha r6 and a ducati. also, taking a riding class. I think the r6 and cbr 600 were the easiest bikes to handle and learn on from my personal experience.

be careful out there, I had a friend who was a VERY good rider get killed. it wasn't even his fault, a van ran a red light. he had full gear on but the crash broke his neck and killed him instantly.
    Last edited by rezznor; 06-20-2011 at 08:35 PM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Should've just gotten one of those if you're looking for a scooter. Not a poser motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Should've just gotten one of those if you're looking for a scooter. Not a poser motorcycle.

agreed. i would honestly ride one of these before I would ever let myself be seen on that OP picture

I promised my wife I wouldn't ride again after I got married though, but I think I have a loophole if I got a spyder

NBA Superstar

that looks like a bike to me, aka sport bike/motorcycle. they really call that a scooter? i thought scooters had them corny frames that dip down on the front where there is that big gap, and some big fat seat, where its like one of those kick and go bicycles.

thats actually a pimp bike imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    that looks like a bike to me, aka sport bike/motorcycle. they really call that a scooter? i thought scooters had them corny frames that dip down on the front where there is that big gap, and some big fat seat, where its like one of those kick and go bicycles.

thats actually a pimp bike imo.
    150 cc, top speed is 60 mph. it's just a step above from one of these

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    150 cc, top speed is 60 mph. it's just a step above from one of these

oh damn i guess its a lot smaller than i thought then