Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default NBA 2k12 Legends Mode Fully Revealed

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory

I love it I just wish we saw Shaq (well ORL Shaq will be in against Ewing) and Iverson get their own games to play. But it was probably too soon for that anyways.

Also it's good to see the Kings from 01-02 make it in, it won't be long until we see some SAC-LA game in this mode.
    Last edited by MeLO MvP 15; 08-18-2011 at 03:56 PM.

I am your soldier!

Default Re: NBA 2k12 Legends Mode Fully Revealed

Ooh that's cool. Bulls/Hornets will be sick, MJ/Pip/Ho Grant vs. Muggsy/LJ/Zo

Ewing vs. Shaq would be my 2nd favorite.

Michael Jordan of ISH

If Iverson got a "legend" mode I wouldn't even buy the game due to him not deserving one. If he gets on then 100 other players should too.

01-02 Kings. Melikes.

NBA Superstar

The awesome thing about this mode is that it goes at least twice as deep as you'd think, as each legend team's opponent is also often legendary. For instance, that '72 Knicks squad is insanely stacked (Frazier, Monroe, Reed, Lucas, DeBusschere, Bradley, Phil Jackson). Not to mention, Shaquille O'Neal will see two appearances (in '95 with Orlando and '98 with Los Angeles, alongside a young Kobe).

There's almost too much to say about this mode. There's also this:
    "Last year, we were only about five deep on some of our classic teams, so it was important for us to go back and add as many of the rotation and bench players that we could," adds Boenisch. "So this year we got guys like Kevin Duckworth and Ed Nealy to help fill out your teams and you're going to have way more of the real players than what you played with last year."
    There's almost going to be too many legendary and memorable players to count. Whichever featured legend you pick, he's going to be associated with 3-10 other legendary performers for that one contest alone.

One other small note, from Da_Czar, regarding Kobe Bryant and the '98 Lakers, just in case you guys care about this sort of thing:
    He is Frobe' in game. It's not a HUGE fro but it is a fro.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-18-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Absolutely amazed that they glossed over the 1977 Blazers.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    The awesome thing about this mode is that it goes at least twice as deep as you'd think, as each legend team's opponent is also often legendary. For instance, that '72 Knicks squad is insanely stacked (Frazier, Monroe, Reed, Lucas, DeBusschere, Bradley, Phil Jackson). Not to mention, Shaquille O'Neal will see two appearances (in '95 with Orlando and '98 with Los Angeles, alongside a young Kobe).

There's almost too much to say about this mode. There's also this:

There's almost going to be too many legendary and memorable players to count. Whichever featured legend you pick, he's going to be associated with 3-10 other legendary performers for that one contest alone.

One other small note, from Da_Czar, regarding Kobe Bryant and the '98 Lakers, just in case you guys care about this sort of thing:
    From the sounds of it, this is who should be in it:

Jordan
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Kareem (old and prime)
    Magic
    Worthy
    Wilt
    West
    Baylor
    Russell
    Havlicek
    Jones
    Bird
    McHale
    Parish
    DJ
    Isiah
    Dumars
    Drexler
    Nique
    Dr. J
    Barkley (rookie)
    Moses
    Oscar
    Shaq
    Penny
    Kobe (young and raw)
    Malone
    Stockton
    Duncan (rookie)
    Robinson
    Hakeem
    Dikembe
    LJ
    Zo
    Frazier
    Reed
    Ewing
    Kemp
    Payton

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    If Iverson got a "legend" mode I wouldn't even buy the game due to him not deserving one. If he gets on then 100 other players should too.
    It wouldn't be outrageous to include all former MVP's.

2k sports ftmfw

It's gunna be sweeeeeeet

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

This looks terrific!

I've always been a sucker for these types of modes in sports games, as I'm a big fan of the history of the sport as well as the sport itself. 2K's attention to detail has me as giddy as a schoolgirl in anticipation for the game's release.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    From the sounds of it, this is who should be in it:

Jordan
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Kareem (old and prime)
    Magic
    Worthy
    Wilt
    West
    Baylor
    Russell
    Havlicek
    Jones
    Bird
    McHale
    Parish
    DJ
    Isiah
    Dumars
    Drexler
    Nique
    Dr. J
    Barkley (rookie)
    Moses
    Oscar
    Shaq
    Penny
    Kobe (young and raw)
    Malone
    Stockton
    Duncan (rookie)
    Robinson
    Hakeem
    Dikembe
    LJ
    Zo
    Frazier
    Reed
    Ewing
    Kemp
    Payton
    This looks like a nice selection of all time greats, although I'm confused as to whether Barkley is in the game or not, as the '85 Sixers are in, but the article mentioned outrage among fans of Barkley.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    This looks terrific!

I've always been a sucker for these types of modes in sports games, as I'm a big fan of the history of the sport as well as the sport itself. 2K's attention to detail has me as giddy as a schoolgirl in anticipation for the game's release.

This looks like a nice selection of all time greats, although I'm confused as to whether Barkley is in the game or not, as the '85 Sixers are in, but the article mentioned outrage among fans of Barkley.
    I'd bet there will be a generic spot where Barkley should be. Video games have always had licensing issues with Chuck. I think he just does not want to be a part of games, for it's been insinuated that 2K certainly tried to make it happen. The good news is that he has one of the more realistic looking create-a-player versions in 2K10 and 2K11. So even though it's not the real thing, user-made Charles Barkley still looks awfully legit.

Also, in truth, if Barkley was on board, I'm betting that '93 Bulls team would be facing the '93 Suns instead of the Hornets. In fact, if Charles was willing, I'm sure his Suns would have been a part of the Jordan Challenge last year in 2K11.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    This looks terrific!

Right, I brought this up in the other thread. At the same time though, if they weren't including Barkley, why the hell would they have a Dr. J challenge for when he's 35 years old? It would make alot more sense to use one of his late 70s teams when he was in his prime with the famous fro.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Right, I brought this up in the other thread. At the same time though, if they weren't including Barkley, why the hell would they have a Dr. J challenge for when he's 35 years old? It would make alot more sense to use one of his late 70s teams when he was in his prime with the famous fro.
    Yeah, I agree with you on that point though. Or at least from the Sixers' championship season, right? I guess we'll possibly find out the reasoning tomorrow when the full rosters are supposed to be revealed.

Russell! Sick, and greatly unexpected.