Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Discussion

Damn, mine didn't arrive today. Have to wait until the actual release date to play, shock horror.

Xbox Live GT: WarroF1

Anyone welcome to add me, and maybe we can get some games going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3zgI...feature=relmfu

I got nuketown 2025 preorder unsure if that includes zombies. That may be for just the Hardened edition. Ah well.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This looks like the first COD that I don't trade in 6 months after playing through it extensively. MW3 was a big disappointment with its awful multiplayer maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    This looks like the first COD that I don't trade in 6 months after playing through it extensively. MW3 was a big disappointment with its awful multiplayer maps.
    I didnt buy one map pack. Normally dont for Modern Warfare COD games. But I'm getting the $50 season pass that has all the DLC packs. Save $10 and I get my zombies.

NBA lottery pick

Yea I didn't get any DLC for MW3 either, and if it wasn't for BLAM I probably wouldn't have played as much as I did. It was also the first COD that I traded in too, still have all the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Yea I didn't get any DLC for MW3 either, and if it wasn't for BLAM I probably wouldn't have played as much as I did. It was also the first COD that I traded in too, still have all the other ones.
    Are you getting it tomorrow?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Are you getting it tomorrow?
    I think so, everything I've seen for this game so far has me interested.

NBA lottery pick

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...ps-ii/17-6794/

I like how they set up custom classes, seems really interesting. Anyone playing this yet?

Yup I'm playing, and really enjoying it so far. Some ISH'ers here can vouch for me when I say I tend to start off bad and slowly get better when starting a new CoD game, but this one I'm doing decently straightaway.

Only really tried the MTAR, MP7 and Type 25 so far, all of which I really like.

Maps seem pretty balanced from the ones I've played so far, only played TDM, and I tend to stick to that gametype most of the time. I'm sure there will be stuff I don't like, like any CoD game that will show up soon, but I can already see this is a big upgrade over Black Ops, for me anyway.

Anyone going to try League Play? Going to wait a few days and really get used to everything before having a go, but I'm interested to see how good, or bad I'm rated.

Picking up my copy today after school. How's it going for those who have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Picking up my copy today after school. How's it going for those who have it?
    I'm enjoying it. Covered a few stuff in my last post, but some other thoughts/observations after playing a bit more.

- Hit detection is much improved from Black Ops. Not exactly difficult, but it is on the whole, pretty good. You'll still get the "How did he not die?" feeling sometimes, but yeah, it's good.

- Knifing is basically the same as always. You still get the 'Commando' lunges, and you still get the lucky knife kill/death where the killcam has the guy knifing facing the other way. Sucks, but hey.

- Killstreaks are harder to get, but when you do, they go HAM. I run UAV-Hunter Killer-Lightning Strike. Hunter Killer is basically throwing a paper airplane that blows up, great fun. Lightning Strike is basically a Mortar Strike on steroids, usually gets 2-3 kills without fail.

- I don't snipe, and the few times I do I suck, but I've been up against quite a lot of snipers, and while I won't say it's overpowered, it definitely seems like quickscoping is pretty easy to do. For regular snipers anyway.

Just some of my own personal observations, others might disagree, all good.

I just got this. It was surprisingly cheap for a launch title and it's been a long time since I've played online multiplayer FPS, so I figured why not.

Always surprising how many high leveled players there are already. Game is out a day and the majority of people online have already been playing for hours upon hours.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I just got this. It was surprisingly cheap for a launch title and it's been a long time since I've played online multiplayer FPS, so I figured why not.

Always surprising how many high leveled players there are already. Game is out a day and the majority of people online have already been playing for hours upon hours.
    People without jobs.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

I don't like using the dragon fire.

Lodestar is better than an AC-130, could only imagine the VTOL ship.

Yemen, Cargo, Carrier are my favorite maps.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Quite a lot of people somehow manage to get copies days before the actual release date. Mainly the big Youtube commentators, but there are always some floating around on sites like Craigslist and Ebay almost a week before the actual release date. Kinda annoying that they get a headstart, but they're having to pay heaps more just get the game a few days earlier than everyone else.

Waste of money if you ask me. I understand for the Youtube guys who make a living from it, but even then, they can't actually upload their gameplay until release day. I guess they get a chance to learn the game and have time to store up some good gameplay videos though. But for the people who just buy it for triple or more of the retail price just to say they've got it before everyone else, it's pretty sad.