Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Your computer is good enough to run it...

but your videocard.... ouch.... it will bottleneck you like hell it seems... what videocard is that anyways? or excuse me... you dont even have a videocard technically speaking, its just a integrated graphics chipset

i think you could still give it a try on low settings
    ill try a torrented version and if it somehow it works decently, i might buy it

For those going to warrior route, here is a link off IGN with a video of the Daedric Armour, how awesome does it look......

http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/11/23/...ectid=14267318

So I went a weird route and went from Riverwood to Whiterun, stayed at Whiterun for a few days and then went on a long ass journey to Ivarstead (for whatever reason), stayed for 4 days doing quests and clearing a dungeon and cave, and then finally I am at a city that was made for me - Riften. Thieves guild is where I wanna be and I didn't even know it was located here, I just happened to stumble upon it. I know im going to be staying here for a while.

Level 13 Imperial w/ 43 two handed, 49 pickpocket, 40 smithing. I got more high stats I just cant think of them all off the top of my head. Im great with a bow and arrow as well, I love doing those long shots This game is worth every ****ing penny so whoever didn't get it yet, you honestly will not regret it whatsoever.

Oh and for those who say "lol at playing it on the console" whats so bad about it? IMO I like having a controller in my hand and playing on a big screen rather than play with a mouse/keyboard on a small 15-20 inch screen.
    i feel more in control with the controller in my hands imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    So I went a weird route and went from Riverwood to Whiterun, stayed at Whiterun for a few days and then went on a long ass journey to Ivarstead (for whatever reason), stayed for 4 days doing quests and clearing a dungeon and cave, and then finally I am at a city that was made for me - Riften. Thieves guild is where I wanna be and I didn't even know it was located here, I just happened to stumble upon it. I know im going to be staying here for a while.

Level 13 Imperial w/ 43 two handed, 49 pickpocket, 40 smithing. I got more high stats I just cant think of them all off the top of my head. Im great with a bow and arrow as well, I love doing those long shots This game is worth every ****ing penny so whoever didn't get it yet, you honestly will not regret it whatsoever.

Oh and for those who say "lol at playing it on the console" whats so bad about it? IMO I like having a controller in my hand and playing on a big screen rather than play with a mouse/keyboard on a small 15-20 inch screen.
    i feel more in control with the controller in my hands imo.
    I'm the same way in regards to feeling more comfortable or empowered with the feel of a controller in your hands. Having to swap through key combinations while using the mouse would be a total mind **** for me. But why I believe PC enthusiasts preach about it being a better experience over the console version is for graphic purposes as well as the endless amounts of modification capabilities. They say this game has an infinite amount of things to do even beyond the main storyine, but those words are truest with the pc model. Either way, I'm more then content playing it on my good ol PS3...

Glad to see you're really enjoying the game brother. I just got to Riften last night myself...

Can anyone give me a heads up on how blacksmithing works. I used the forge machine on a couple pieces of jewelry and still don't know what it did. Why cant I use it on my armor or weapons yet?

Edit - So I need those silver blocks to create certain items?
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 11-24-2011 at 07:39 PM.

I am starting to get some Skyrim add. I think im going to bench my level 41 conjure/destro guy and make a nord 2h warrior type.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Just beat the main story. Didn't do all the quests but I was getting bored with them so decided to go at the main story. The end sequence was a bit disappointing and anticlimactic. By the end, I was just slashing every enemy to bits with my enchanted Daedric sword. Ended up at level 81 one-handed with a couple perks in there.

I might revisit this game in a year or two when a GOTY version comes out and there are a ton of mods to choose from.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Thats one of the funniest things I have ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Can anyone give me a heads up on how blacksmithing works. I used the forge machine on a couple pieces of jewelry and still don't know what it did. Why cant I use it on my armor or weapons yet?

There are different components for every item. The leather and hide armors only require leather and leather strips. Using them to make leather or hide bracers is the best way to bump smithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done

what dave3 said.... the blacksmith at the forges always sells anything you need for the forge, tanningrock, grindstone, workbench.. in blacksmiths shopmenu the stuff are under "Misc"... iron ingot, iron ore and so on.. those are called "raw materials"... all that material is needed for grinding/tanning/forging/workbench... i mean if you click on the weapon u wanna forge/grind and whatnot you will see at the bottom right what you need to forge/grind and what not that specific weapon/armor

Grindstone: Sharpen weapons for extra damage. The higher your smithing skill, the more the weapon damage is improved.
    Workbench: Allows you to improve armor. The higher your smithing skill, the more the armor rating is improved
    Forge: Create new weapons and armor from raw materials. What you can create is determined by your smithing skill perks.
    Tanning Rack: Create leather and leather strips from hides; hides are obtained by hunting animals.
    Smelter: Create ingots from raw ore or dwemer scrap; raw ore is obtained by mining, dwemer scrap is found in dwemer ruins.

you can loot these raw materials to... and if you have a Pickaxe you can Mine up these materials for free, there are plenty of mines around Skyrim...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-25-2011 at 06:05 AM.

I went from Lvl 20 smithing to lvl 100 in about 3 hours only forging Iron Daggers. It's tedious, but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    what dave3 said.... the blacksmith at the forges always sells anything you need for the forge, tanningrock, grindstone, workbench.. in blacksmiths shopmenu the stuff are under "Misc"... iron ingot, iron ore and so on.. those are called "raw materials"... all that material is needed for grinding/tanning/forging/workbench... i mean if you click on the weapon u wanna forge/grind and whatnot you will see at the bottom right what you need to forge/grind and what not that specific weapon/armor

Grindstone: Sharpen weapons for extra damage. The higher your smithing skill, the more the weapon damage is improved.
    Workbench: Allows you to improve armor. The higher your smithing skill, the more the armor rating is improved
    Forge: Create new weapons and armor from raw materials. What you can create is determined by your smithing skill perks.
    Tanning Rack: Create leather and leather strips from hides; hides are obtained by hunting animals.
    Smelter: Create ingots from raw ore or dwemer scrap; raw ore is obtained by mining, dwemer scrap is found in dwemer ruins.

you can loot these raw materials to... and if you have a Pickaxe you can Mine up these materials for free, there are plenty of mines around Skyrim...

Perfect explanation...

I'm no longer a smithing virgin...
    Last edited by Done_And_Done; 11-25-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Clipps - I took it upon myself to hit up Riften with the sole purpose of tracking down that Mercuio companion and after one fight I instantly understood why you've talked so highly of him. He's almost too good lol... There's been a few instances where he'll rob my kill with his magic while I'm in mid sword swing

Good looks man

The only downside about having a companion to me is that I always feel like I'm going to lose him. I feel it's gunna be even worse when I get me a canine

Can you have a K9 and a human companion at the same time?