Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: True or false: If LeBron was a deticated sprinter, could he challenge Usain Bolt?

I think maybe if there was another LeBron , exacttly the same as LeBron James he will beat him cause he is LeBron

Decent playground baller tedloc's Avatar

Default Re: True or false: If LeBron was a deticated sprinter, could he challenge Usain Bolt?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHANO!

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Bolt: 6'5, 190 lbs

LeBron (if deticated): 6'8, 215-220 lbs

LeBron beats him from what I see of him at his current size. LeBron has ALL the attributes needed to challenge Usain. He has tremendous explosiveness into his gate. Just tremendous. He has excellent turnover once he gets going. And finally, he has the mass/agility combination that would be hugely benefical in Track and Field. Even @ 260+ lbs, LeBron runs about a 4.45, right? He's somewhere around there.

I easily see him being a sub-4.3 guy 45 lbs lighter.

What ya'll think?
    Nobody could truly be this stupid.

Baller and Londoner... phxsuns4life's Avatar

I agree with LeBron is one of the best athletic players of all-time. I still think VC was the most athletic ever and is still a beast if given the chance but LeBron is just a beast once he gets moving. As for the 100m, Lebron could be a GREAT sprinter, but Usain has it down to a fine art in terms of explosiveness and more importantly, strides. I think LeBron may have issues there. Just a legit matter of 'what if' I suppose....
    Last edited by phxsuns4life; 10-18-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phxsuns4life
    I agree with LeBron is one of the best athletic players of all-time. I still think VC was the most athletic ever and is still a beast if given the chance but LeBron is just a beast once he gets moving. As for the 100m, Lebron could be a GREAT sprinter, but Usain has it down to a fine art in terms of explosiveness and more importantly, strides. I think LeBron may have issues there. Just a legit matter of 'what if' I suppose....
    lebron james could not be a great sprinter. lebron james trying to explode out of the blocks would be a joke. people that no nothing about the sport of track & field seem to think that because usain is "huge" that every other person that's big would be successful. what those who actually followed the sport before the olympics last year is that usain has been at this level since he was 17 thats why he's so successful. like i said earlier...lebron would have a hard time beating the US #1 female sprinter (allyson felix) before he ever got near usains level. and running 11.0 as a dude doesn't even allow you to be a walk-on at powerful t&f D1 uni's.

Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

What ya'll think?
    I think your a retard! Its cool being a fan of LeBron, but I like Dwight and I woulldnt be stupid enough to even think for 1 second that he would EVER have a chance to even qualify for Olympic level sprinting, let alone beat the fastest man in the history of the entire planet!

Jesus Christ, come on guys, this is f*cking ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime

NBA Superstar

Bolt: 6'5, 190 lbs

LeBron (if deticated): 6'8, 215-220 lbs

LeBron beats him from what I see of him at his current size. LeBron has ALL the attributes needed to challenge Usain. He has tremendous explosiveness into his gate. Just tremendous. He has excellent turnover once he gets going. And finally, he has the mass/agility combination that would be hugely benefical in Track and Field. Even @ 260+ lbs, LeBron runs about a 4.45, right? He's somewhere around there.

I easily see him being a sub-4.3 guy 45 lbs lighter.

What ya'll think?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc

LeBron would not be able to make a D1 college team in the 100/200m.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    PB is an obnoxious, dumbass poster. We get it. In fact, we knew that long ago. But you are being pretty dumb yourself with these bumps. Knock it off.

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

Page 4 is pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Good Luck to the Lakers because Cavs are going to win their first NBA title next year.

How does toe jam taste?

NBA rookie of the year

Also, people saying "if Lebron were 40-50 pounds lighter" forget that part of the REASON he is so fast at his current weight is that he has a TON of muscle in his legs. Lebron's body fat % is already very low, so to drop 40+ pounds, he'd invariably be losing muscle, which would hurt his speed. He also doesn't have an elite amount of fast-twitch muscles in his legs, which is what gives explosive movement such as in sprinting (out of the gates) or first step in basketball.

Bolt's ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch fibers in his legs must be INSANE. On top of that, he's 6'4" but has legs of a 6'6"+ person, making his stride length enormous. And as noted, his leg turnover is phenomenal at any height, much less on a guy that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Good Luck to the Lakers because Cavs are going to win their first NBA title next year.