Calvin Murphy
    12 years with Houston ('72-'83)
    Best Season ('76): 21ppg, 2.5rpg, 7.3apg, 1.8spg, .1bpg

Decent college freshman

Default Re: The Official All-Time Houston Rockets Roster

Bench Continued:

Center
    Elvin Hayes
    7 years with San Diego/Houston ('69-'72, '82-'84)
    Best Season ('71): 28.7ppg, 16.6rpg, 2.3apg

Center
    Yao Ming
    7 years with Houston ('03-)
    Best Season ('09): 19.7ppg, 9.9rpg, 1.8apg, .4spg, 1.9bpg

his all time roster, what are you basing it off? their status as an individual meaning their whole career and they just happened to play in houston? or their actual impact in houston. Because T-mac maybe one of the best talents to land in houston but he sure did not make a big impact. Im guessing your looking for players that played in houston for 4+ years and the span in those years with houston.

If we are strictly talking about impact in houston, I would start Clyde at 2 and start Shane Battier at 3.

Decent college freshman

If we are strictly talking about impact in houston, I would start Clyde at 2 and start Shane Battier at 3.
    i am talking about impact in houston. if you think battier had a bigger impact than guys like mccray and reid you're delusional

7-time NBA All-Star

Since Elvin Hayes played center during his first 4 years with the Rockets I guess Sampson has to start at PF on the All-Time Rockets team. But I'd start Calvin Murphy over Steve Francis and Clyde Drexler over T-Mac.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

no mention of barkley yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Shep
    i am talking about impact in houston. if you think battier had a bigger impact than guys like mccray and reid you're delusional
    i don't think being one of the best defenders in houston rockets history is delusional.. it only shows lack of respect for his defense and his hard work game after game, season after season in houston. And I'm not taking away from mccray and reids accomplishments but if you think somebody is delusional for mentioning Shane Battier's name you sir are the one that's delusional.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    i don't think being one of the best defenders in houston rockets history is delusional.. it only shows lack of respect for his defense and his hard work game after game, season after season in houston. And I'm not taking away from mccray and reids accomplishments but if you think somebody is delusional for mentioning Shane Battier's name you sir are the one that's delusional.
    first of all battier has only played 3 years at houston.

mccray played 5 years, and missed 5 games in total. he was the starting small forward of the team that went to the finals in '86, and took over as the rockets second best player when sampson went down in '87. mccray was a fantastic all-round player who could rebound and distribute the ball as good as almost anyone at his position in the league, on top of shooting the ball well from both the field and free throw line. he was also one of the best defenders in the nba and was named to the first team all defense on one occasion, along with one second team selection.

reid was the leader of the rockets, especially during the mid 80's. he played 11 years at houston. he was a top 3 small forward in '81, and could also rebound and distribute very well.

battier may be a good defender, but what else?

first of all battier has only played 3 years at houston.

mccray played 5 years, and missed 5 games in total. he was the starting small forward of the team that went to the finals in '86, and took over as the rockets second best player when sampson went down in '87. mccray was a fantastic all-round player who could rebound and distribute the ball as good as almost anyone at his position in the league, on top of shooting the ball well from both the field and free throw line. he was also one of the best defenders in the nba and was named to the first team all defense on one occasion, along with one second team selection.

reid was the leader of the rockets, especially during the mid 80's. he played 11 years at houston. he was a top 3 small forward in '81, and could also rebound and distribute very well.

battier may be a good defender, but what else?
    if you want to use that argument, then what has t-mac done?? i mean i wish for him a full recovery but lets talk about his accomplishments in houston. you could make the argument about him lacking teammates but individually he has never shot over 43% from the field in houston and has yet to pass the 1st round of the playoffs.. and you have him as the best shooting guard in rockets history??

again, im not taking away from mccray or reid. no way am i saying your wrong with mccray or reid but if were talking about an all time rockets roster, that's the wing defender i want on my squad. In his 3 years in houston he without a doubt deserves 1st team defense recognitions. Were talking about the best defender againts kobe, the best player in the league for the past few seasons. We're talkin in an era were you can't lay a finger on the offensive player. I mean offensively okay, battier is just a spot up 3 shooter and he's not much of a rebounder. but before i ramble on, i guess im just a battier fan.

Decent college freshman

if you want to use that argument, then what has t-mac done??
    we could talk about mcgrady's 2005, which was unparallelled by anyone in rockets history not named olajuwon, hayes, or malone. or about the fact that mcgrady's production increases in the playoffs every year. the only shooting guard close to mcgrady is drexler, and although he was great, he never was close to mcgrady's 2005 - which in the end was the difference between the two.

we could talk about mcgrady's 2005, which was unparallelled by anyone in rockets history not named olajuwon, hayes, or malone. or about the fact that mcgrady's production increases in the playoffs every year. the only shooting guard close to mcgrady is drexler, and although he was great, he never was close to mcgrady's 2005 - which in the end was the difference between the two.
    that was one season, his first season with houston and it was a 1st round exit. after that season he has steadily been declining. your the the one who said this roster is strictly about the player impact in houston.

LOL at arguing about T-Mac, Mac is an All-Time Rocket, people love to bash Mac, but dude is a baller. I'd still start Drexler over him though, but Mac is on this team over Shane.

I'd also start Murphy over Francis, and where is Rudy T?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    LOL at arguing about T-Mac, Mac is an All-Time Rocket, people love to bash Mac, but dude is a baller. I'd still start Drexler over him though, but Mac is on this team over Shane.

I'd also start Murphy over Francis, and where is Rudy T?
    it was never an argument about shane over t-mac. i state clyde should start over t-mac but never mentioned t-mac not being on the roster. the argument was about battier being on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
    it was never an argument about shane over t-mac. i state clyde should start over t-mac but never mentioned t-mac not being on the roster. the argument was about battier being on the roster.
    Who is Shane gonna be over? He's not even the big omission. Rudy T is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Who is Shane gonna be over? He's not even the big omission. Rudy T is missing.
    you dont think the best man to man defender in recent rockets history don't deserve to be mentioned among rocket greats?? WOW, i guess i am alone on this one.