Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets 2014-2015 Game Discussion Thread

It was a good win, just amazing. I dont remember seeing this team winning games like this last year. We may have a worse rosters than last year, but the chemistry is actually better.

Crappy way to blow the TWolves game but at least there were positives. DWill continues to look healthy (knock on wood) and Joe is clutch as always. Brook still looks rusty and I'm glad we don't have to vs Pekovic more than twice. Brook gets manhandled by him every time they meet.

Always feels good to beat the Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Always feels good to beat the Knicks
    Feels even better watching Deron blow by Shumpert numerous times and light him up.

   

just as a side-wish, i hope the cavs get it together here. i gained respect for lebron for coming back, but i worry about people here setting too lofty goals for this season.

most of the time when i go to a bar and a game is on, it's going to be the cavs. rarely do i get to see the nets when i'm out. so you know... i don't want to be around a bunch of bitter, unhappy cavs fans. they're already kind of woe-is-me just because they're clevelanders.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Nets need a win tomorrow vs the Magic before they embark on a three-game road stand against really good teams. We have the Suns and Warriors on a back-to-back followed by the Blazers two days later.

The Nets are looking real good offensively and are playing solid, but inconsistent defense. If they can tighten up the defense the season will be a good one.

   

dunno how good the defense is ever going to be with this year's team. AK47 has become too much of a liability to get much burn, s-dot is gone, and the rest of the team average on the old side and are pretty much mediocre defenders as individuals. maybe plumdog can make some defensive strides and hollins can get more from them as a group, i dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    just as a side-wish, i hope the cavs get it together here. i gained respect for lebron for coming back, but i worry about people here setting too lofty goals for this season.

most of the time when i go to a bar and a game is on, it's going to be the cavs. rarely do i get to see the nets when i'm out. so you know... i don't want to be around a bunch of bitter, unhappy cavs fans. they're already kind of woe-is-me just because they're clevelanders.
    You turning into a Clevelander gigs?

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    You turning into a Clevelander gigs?
    growing up in three continents, but mainly philly PA... i don't think i'll ever feel at home here. but i try to make friends and be friendly wherever i go.

EDIT: btw, anyone who hasn't seen this dope-ass article:
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/11/8/7...-the-game-plan
    Last edited by gigantes; 11-09-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    growing up in three continents, but mainly philly PA... i don't think i'll ever feel at home here. but i try to make friends and be friendly wherever i go.
    I know the feeling. West coast has been great to me so far but I miss the east every day.
    Last edited by MTing; 11-10-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Nets need a win tomorrow vs the Magic before they embark on a three-game road stand against really good teams. We have the Suns and Warriors on a back-to-back followed by the Blazers two days later.

The Nets are looking real good offensively and are playing solid, but inconsistent defense. If they can tighten up the defense the season will be a good one.
    Agreed. Especially from Lopez. He allowed 17 points to Vucevic in the third quarter yesterday. 27-11 through 3 quarters altogether. In the 4th Lopez was benched and Garnett played the 5. Vucevic was held to 0 points and one rebound that quarter....

Tough road stretch ahead this week.AND When the Nets return to Brooklyn they're gonna be going up against Miami. They're gonna have to find ways to win. The Nets have had a lot of close games besides the NYK and OKC games, against some pretty mediocre opponents. This is where it's time to play even harder. All the teams coming up playoff bound and are among the best in the whole association.

Just came across this.

Nets’ Joe Johnson rips teammates for ‘selfish’ play despite 4-2 start

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ite-4-2-start/

The Nets are off to a 4-2 start to the season, but all is not well, at least in Joe Johnson‘s eyes.

The player who leads the team in scoring (19.8) and field goal attempts (16) per game went on an unprovoked tirade at shootaround Tuesday, telling reporters that players have been looking out for themselves on the offensive end of the floor, and only look to involve others once they’ve run out of personal options.

From Devin Kharpertian of The Brooklyn Game:

“It’s just- as individuals, as players, (we have to) have each other’s backs out there,” Johnson vented to the media after the team’s Tuesday afternoon practice. “I just felt, I didn’t believe it. I go back, and I watch the tape, and I watch film just to try to get a different perspective, and I mean, my feelings haven’t changed.”

“It’s just kind of what it is. Defensively, we help from time to time, offensively, I just think guys kind of exhaust their options and then when there’s nothing else for them, then they’ll pass it when they have to. For the most part, we’ve been very selfish.” …

“It wasn’t like that in preseason,” Johnson added. “Preseason, the ball moved freely, it just seems like it’s really not doing that right now.” …

“I’m not hiding anything,” Johnson vented after the team’s practice Tuesday. “We’re 4-2 six games into the season, but it’s early. We haven’t played anybody, and the Minnesota game (is) obviously a game we should’ve won. I thought this last game that we played against Orlando was almost a carbon copy.”

There were no individual teammates called out during this rant, but it’s obvious Johnson hasn’t liked what he’s seen to this point in the season, despite the decent start from a won-loss perspective.

Brooklyn’s wins have come against Detroit, Oklahoma City, the Knicks and the Magic. One loss came in blowout fashion on opening night in Boston, and the other was a loss at home to the Timberwolves.

There’s plenty of work to do for this Nets team; Brook Lopez needs to improve to the point where Lionel Hollins trusts him in the fourth quarter, and there are likely cohesiveness issues on the offensive end that need to be ironed out as Johnson mentioned. Discussing those publicly aren’t likely to help the situation, but Johnson is normally more quiet about these things, so whatever’s going on must truly be troublesome in order for him to decide to speak out.
    Not sure what Joe was getting at. He didn't really call anyone out, but this could either help or break the Nets this season. I say that because look what happened to the Pacers last year with Roy Hibbert's "There are some selfish guys in here" comments.

What do Net fans think about this ?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I don't like the Joe comments solely because it might make Deron change his style of play and aggressiveness. Deron has been playing stellar basketball and these recent comments by Joe might make Deron play a more passive style of basketball. Hopefully that's not the case, though.

I love it. When has Joe ever called out anyone in his career? I can't remember a single time he's been this vocal. I think he's stepping up to be more of a vocal leader, something we need (KGs great but we can't have him being the only guy). I don't think it'll break this team, in fact I think it'll help us. We're 4-2 and it's great to see that guys aren't satisfied with the record. I know last year and the year before that we would have just said "a win is a win" and moved on but guys are hungrier this year. To be honest we should have been 6-0 or 5-1 at least because we didn't face any playoff teams. It's just great to see Joe isn't satisfied with that.

Also I don't think he was talking about Deron. It was probably the bench. Mason has been a lot more aggressive this season looking for his shot which has been kind of frustrating. He had 3 or 4 oppourtunites to kick it out to a wing player for a wide open 3 yesterday but decided to shoot a contested layup with 3 players surrounding him. Jack has also been lack luster and Mirza took some low percentage shots too.

   

i think it's really cool... like joe cool... that the MVP of last season would go semi-public with this.

better to work it out now.

this time of year is exactly when you want these inevitable conflicts, and crunch time (late season and playoffs) is exactly when you don't.