Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Lakers trying to deal bynum/sessions for deron/brook

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    As a Nets fan I know were pretty much fvcked no matter what. No trade assets for Dwight.. no picks for years lol.. and imo Bynum would be able to carry a bad team better than Deron.

And theres always the chance Bynum matures and figures it out with his scoring/passing from the low post.. which is probably the best possible thing the Nets could bank on right now.
    I agree. The Nets will have capspace, their management is idiotic but Bynum is a player that you can build a team around. But if I'm the Nets why use Lopez as a "throw in" when he could just play with Bynum. If I'm going to lose Deron anyways I'm not going to do the Lakers a favour and sweeten the deal.

Banned

What? Hes probably going to leave anyways. Aside from Howard.. or Lebron, Bynum is the best thing a Nets fan could hope for.
    Theres nothing probable about him leaving. Whos going to be shocked if he resigns? No one. Whats the last rumor about him? Hes likely to resign but is also lightly considering mavs? Cmon.

Bynums a top 15-25 player (depending on how hard he feels like playing) with injury problems, just because hes a top 2 center doesn't mean much. Theres 10 guys I'd rather safely have than get him on the off chance he comes thru and becomes the top 5 player he can be. I dont want to take risks after being a losing franchise for 10 years.

I'd rather hold out for a real legit guy instead of a maybe..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I'd rather hold out for a real legit guy instead of a maybe..
    There is no real legit guy..

We dont have the pieces to get Howard AND keep Deron.

We have the shittiest picks/lottery situation in the entire league.

Deron is horribly unmotivated on this bad team and has almost zero impact right now.

Bynum would be the absolute best thing that could happen to the Nets. I agree with longtimelurker though that throwing in Brook may be dumb although keeping him would be wierd.. since hes way, way too slow to play the 4 on defense.

Very good NBA starter

There is no real legit guy..

We dont have the pieces to get Howard AND keep Deron.

We have the shittiest picks/lottery situation in the entire league.

Deron is horribly unmotivated on this bad team and has almost zero impact right now.

Bynum would be the absolute best thing that could happen to the Nets. I agree with longtimelurker though that throwing in Brook may be dumb although keeping him would be wierd.. since hes way, way too slow to play the 4 on defense.
    Get the Rockets in on a 3 team trade then. Lowry+Bynum to the Nets(amazing value actually), Lopez+Steve Blake to the Rockets, Deron and Scola to the Lakers. With spare parts being thrown in to all sides.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Get the Rockets in on a 3 team trade then. Lowry+Bynum to the Nets(amazing value actually), Lopez+Steve Blake to the Rockets, Deron and Scola to the Lakers. With spare parts being thrown in to all sides.
    I like it for LA and NJ but Houston gets robbed at gun point here. Lowry and Scola for lopez and Steve Blake?

Very good NBA starter

I like it for LA and NJ but Houston gets robbed at gun point here. Lowry and Scola for lopez and Steve Blake?
    I'm just throwing it out there. Well Houston needs a center and I don't think they'll get a lot for Lowry. Scola's contract is pretty long plus they have a tons of players at the PF position. Bynum, Brooks and Lowry would be a pretty awesome trio to build around though.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Lopez and Blake to Hou
    Morrow and Deron to LA
    Lowry and Bynum to NJ

Bynum, Hamphries, Wallace, Brooks and Lowry
    Gasol, Hill, Artest, Bryant and Williams
    Lopez, Scola, Parsons, Martin and Dragic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    JUST DO SOMETHING ALREADY

I DONT CARE WHO

THERE IS NO DEAL THAT MATCHES IN SALARY THAT I WOULD TURN DOWN FOR THIS ROLLER COASTER TO END

ok?
    Agree with this guy