Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default In the end nothing can come good out of facebook

I'm shutting this thing down. As much connections you can make there is even more evil that is produced. On top of privacy being breeched there is just too much drama that can be created if you're in contact with the wrong people.

I had recently created an event page for one of my clients to launch a new product. Another customer who was upset with a delay in his shipment decides to post it on the event page wall. Thus embarrassing himself, humiliating me, and upsetting the customer who's event the page was created for. Our CEO is pissed.

I've seen it people ruin one too many lives. All it does is open up a whole heep off trouble
    Last edited by hateraid; 03-13-2014 at 10:42 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: In the end nothing can come good out of facebook

Facebook is awful. I can't believe so many people find entertainment and enjoyment in it. I made an account many years ago and check it maybe once a month... maybe. And, that's usually just when I need to track someone down whose contact information I don't have immediately handy.

Other than that, I've never found browsing that stupid site to be the least bit interesting. Seems to me to be mostly self-obsessed people thinking their every move is important enough that it needs to be cataloged and discussed ad nauseum.

It makes me kind of sick when I think about Facebook and the mentality of it all.

Banned

All my dad does is post stupid shit on there. I hate the old fvcks who just debate politics and post controversial shit all the time. Deleted that shit long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'm shutting this thing down. As much connections you can make there is even more evil that is produced. On top of privacy being breeched there is just too much drama that can be created if you're in contact with the wrong people.

I had recently created an event page for one of my clients to launch a new product. Another customer who was upset with a delay in his shipment decides to post it on the event page wall. Thus embarrassing himself,humiliating me,and upsetting the customer who's event the page was created for. Our CEO is pissed.

I've seen it people ruin one too many lives. All it does is open up a whole beep off trouble
    It's a black hole.

Twitter's way better. And almost nobody is gay enough to make their twitter private, so you can stalk a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Facebook is awful. I can't believe so many people find entertainment and enjoyment in it. I made an account many years ago and check it maybe once a month... maybe. And, that's usually just when I need to track someone down whose contact information I don't have immediately handy.

Other than that, I've never found browsing that stupid site to be the least bit interesting. Seems to me to be mostly self-obsessed people thinking their every move is important enough that it needs to be cataloged and discussed ad nauseum.

It makes me kind of sick when I think about Facebook and the mentality of it all.
    I'm not even interested in that. Just for people tagging you in embarrassing moments is enough for me. I was once at a party and while I was playing poker I stood up in an all in moment. I was wearing a tank top and right when someone snapped a picture of me my cousin ripped my tank top off. He then tagged me and titled it strip show. I didn't find out until my mom told me and asked why I was stripping at a party.
    I at least had a whole bunch of likes

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Haven't had it for two years. Can't believe the amount of people who asked why I deleted it.

I had recently created an event page for one of my clients to launch a new product. Another customer who was upset with a delay in his shipment decides to post it on the event page wall. Thus embarrassing himself, humiliating me, and upsetting the customer who's event the page was created for. Our CEO is pissed.

I've seen it people ruin one too many lives. All it does is open up a whole heep off trouble
    sheesh. you guys are slacking on his order. get that shit processed and shipped out.

It's aite. Get to keep in touch with homies from back in high school that are all over the place now

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    You're being a bit uptight. Did that get you into trouble at work or something?
    There is potential that it could be seen at work. I may not have my boss as a friend but when you get tagged it is seen by all your friends, some who can be related to my professional life. For me it's not embarrassing in front of my friends, other people can take that the wrong way. I don't see that as being uptight, just overcautious

In a professional environment you want your boss to see that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    sheesh. you guys are slacking on his order. get that shit processed and shipped out.

I agree, service is number one, but did you think that was professional of him?

Haven't had Facebook for over a year and a half. Best decision I've made. I had over 3 thousand people on there and every one of them posted the stupidest shit that made me hate them all individually.

I agree, service is number one, but did you think that was professional of him?
    nope, hes low for that. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to force the issue if youre the client.

also, i hope you didnt backtalk him because that would be really bad. a part of doing business is that you have to take peoples bullshit and unprofessionalism.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 03-13-2014 at 11:05 PM.

I never really liked it but these days it's overrun with self obsessed douche bags and parents-aunts-uncles. I'll get a bit wasted about once a month and check on pics of my nephew or something but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    nope, hes low for that. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to force the issue.
    Like be professional, pick up the phone and call me?