Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Donaghy: NBA pressuring officials to favor calls for Nets over Raptors

refs definitely favor teams with calls. look at 2012-13 heat for example. they wouldnt even sniff ecf without the refs major help

Default Re: Tim Donaghy: NBA pressuring officials to favor calls for Nets over Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    refs definitely favor teams with calls. look at 2012-13 heat for example. they wouldnt even sniff ecf without the refs major help

You might actually have mental retardation. Get that checked out. You shouldn't be posting on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eoz7_QMcwAw ( at 4:16)

Tell me how is this a foul? How do you call this a foul in the last seconds of a close game?
    You know what was worse? The refs saw that Hinrich s layup didnt go in and then, he called the foul. He obviously wanted a 2nd overtime.
    You pick out one foul lol. I mean of course they want those things but fouls down the stretch are gonna either be called every time or ignored. Theyre human they will miss a thing or so in the action of the game. I mean it was a foul, but I wouldnt call all these games rigged per say, preferance in teams is obvious due to the tenure or the calibre of the player.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    But he said the reason he felt certain teams were favored was because of how the meetings went prior to the series..

He wasn't in on those meetings for those series

So going by his logic, he has no clue who is favored
    He's talking from past experience, where league officials would go over film with him and point out things they wanted to be called or not called. He says after these meetings it became clear which team the league wanted to win for better ratings and/or more money.

His Spurs/Suns series that many thought was fixed was probably like that. The league probably gave him clear instructions to officiate in the Spurs favor.

It's not hard to see why the league wants the Nets vs the Heat over the Raptors. The Nets play them tougher so it would likely go more games plus it's a much bigger ratings draw.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    You might actually have mental retardation. Get that checked out. You shouldn't be posting on a forum.
    I don't know about "wouldn't even sniff" the ECF, but I mostly agree with what he is saying. With fair officiating the Pacers start up 3-1 on the Heat in that series and it's tough to see them losing 3 straight like that. I think it was game one that series there was a point where the Pacers whole starting 5 all had 2 fouls and the first quarter wasn't even over yet. Something like that. They got screwed hard out of that game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    With fair officiating the Pacers start up 3-1 on the Heat in that series
    With fair officiating, Rip-Through Durant never gets out of the second round, at best, in his career.

He's talking from past experience, where league officials would go over film with him and point out things they wanted to be called or not called. He says after these meetings it became clear which team the league wanted to win for better ratings and/or more money.

His Spurs/Suns series that many thought was fixed was probably like that. The league probably gave him clear instructions to officiate in the Spurs favor.

It's not hard to see why the league wants the Nets vs the Heat over the Raptors. The Nets play them tougher so it would likely go more games plus it's a much bigger ratings draw.
    I don't know about "wouldn't even sniff" the ECF, but I mostly agree with what he is saying. With fair officiating the Pacers start up 3-1 on the Heat in that series and it's tough to see them losing 3 straight like that. I think it was game one that series there was a point when the Pacers whole starting 5 all had 2 fouls and the first quarter wasn't even over yet. Something like that. They got screwed hard out of that game.

Yeah the "wouldn't sniff" is the part I took issue with though. And good post above. I can't believe some of these clowns are blind to reality staring them in the face. The NBA is about entertainment and these clowns really think the league will fairly let Toronto play the Heat as opposed to Brooklyn, one of the largest media markets in the world

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This. People are so ****ing dumb to actually think he was the one "Bad apple" in this.
    The worst people are the ones who blame him for the 2002 WCF when he didn't even officiate a single game in that series and merely made money off of it using insider knowledge that the league wanted LA to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    But he said the reason he felt certain teams were favored was because of how the meetings went prior to the series..

He wasn't in on those meetings for those series

So going by his logic, he has no clue who is favored
    You ****ing idiot.

He's talking about his own experiences. My god, you ****ing peons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqCarriedKobe
    With fair officiating, Rip-Through Durant never gets out of the second round, at best, in his career.

Not sure if he'll never get out of round two, but his "efficiency" and free throw attempts would take a major hit.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Nets do get more calls. It's not cheating. It's respected vets, two of which historically get a lot of calls. I think Pierce gets a ridiculous number of calls considering he moves in slow motion now. But that has NOTHING to do with being a Net. That's being Paul Pierce. JJ is same. Again, nothing to do with Nets.

Nets are worthless old bums

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - anyone who honestly believes the NBA is rigged and keeps watching it is a f#cking idiot. Period.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i believe it... was watching game 2 and KG got away with 20 moving screens

the raptors just hit shots late in the 4th and theres nothing the refs could do
    KG has gotten away with moving screens his entire career.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Honestly a Raptors-Heat matchup would do some good ratings as well.