Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #16
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation
Default Re: Tayshaun and Daye for Calderon

This gets us close!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=by7awex

Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's not enough for me. If Detroit did that we may as well throw in the towels for the next 5 years. I like Afflalo, but he isn't a SG who is going to get you through the finals. I like Johnson, but I don't know why Toronto would give him away when he's been playing well for them. I also don't know why Orlando would want Stuckey. They may have to trade Reddick, so you would think they would want to keep Afflalo. The whole thing doesn't get any of the teams to where they want to be. We're going to need a guy at SG or SF who can really put some points up. I think once we see this team with Calderon and see where we end up in the draft, then we'll be able to figure out how to address the weak spots.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #18
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputation

Afflalo would work well at SG if we have a gun at SF... He is a good role player, good shooter and great D. I think he would gel well as a complimentary player to a star, and would be a great 5th best player on a starting lineup...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

I wasn't serious about the trade, I'm just slightly bitter about losing both players for next to nothing. I thought it was a mistake when we chose Stuckey over Afflalo, and even though Amir hasn't been able to stay on the floor until the last couple of years, he is much better than Maxiell.

If we did have both players, I think we'd be 2 players away from competing and would still have cap flexibility.

Knight / Calderon
Afflalo / SG
SF / Singler
Monroe / Amir Johnson
Drummond

I was really just looking back with 20/20, I don't want either player in a trade.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't really want to get rid of Amir back in the day. He's going to be a solid back up guy in the NBA for quite a few more years. I think a debate could be made for Afflalo vs. Stuckey. Afflalo has never had to be the man and carry a team. Stuckey had to do that in Detroit with some pretty bad rosters. They're definitely different players with different strengths & weaknesses.

I think Daye could be another one of those guys that we just didn't give enough of a chance to (because we don't play our young guys enough) who goes to another team and finally develops.

I too want the instant result of seeing something good from a trade. But with all this money, I can't help but think that it's at least pretty awesome to have the chance to offer CP3 a max contract. Sure, Detroit probably isn't on his radar at all. But if there's a half of a percent chance we could land a player like that I say go for it. Imagine the lineup with him....

Cp3
Stuckey
???
Monroe
Drummond

We're definitely going to sign someone else too. And we'll have a good draft pick. So we'll have a young SG or SF from the draft, another solid SG or SF from free agency, some really solid bench pieces, and a core that would be as good as any. That's a team that could compete for a championship. Of course, like I mentioned that's basically just a dream.

Nonetheless, I'm really intrigued about what we can do with this money. More so than what we could've got from Toronto. There's going to be more teams that want to unload a very talented player too. We're right on the verge of being really good again. Our patience as fans will have paid off finally.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: