Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Lets be honest, Durant,Wesbrook and the Thunder have..

no shot vs the Heat if they play in the finals. Durant and Westbrook isoing against the heat plays right into their hands. Thunder =low iq basketball at it's finest lol. When you take into consideration that Durant and Westbrook are not as eff on raw Fg% as Lebron and Wade, I see the heat taking the series in 5 games even without homecourt

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Lets be honest, Durant,Wesbrook and the Thunder have..

Agreed. If Wade is even remotely healthy than it might be a sweep

It ain't like the Heat have been setting the world on fire. They barely beat the Bobcats at home. If ATL beats the Pacers and meets Miami, don't think the Heat will roll over them.

And if Miami gets to the Finals (in the weak East, they should), whoever comes out West will beat them, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    It ain't like the Heat have been setting the world on fire. They barely beat the Bobcats at home. If ATL beats the Pacers and meets Miami, don't think the Heat will roll over them.

And if Miami gets to the Finals (in the weak East, they should), whoever comes out West will beat them, IMO.
    People said the same thing in 2012 and 2013 about OKC and SA beating them. And the Heat still won with injury problems. And no, they didn't "barely" beat Charlotte. They won by over 10 and were up big at one point.

NBA Legend

Let's be honest, OKC isn't getting by the Grizzlies.

I said it last night in the game thread but, a very tiny part of me is sorta kinda a little bit hoping we lose in the 1st round and that will be enough to force the front office to actually fire Scott Brooks. Being this f***ing incompetent in the halfcourt, when that's what the playoffs turn into for the majority of games, is inexcusable at this point. The core of the team has been together for 5+ years and Brooks has been the head coach that whole time. Struggling to even get someone open in a halfcourt set is pathetic.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I said it last night in the game thread but, a very tiny part of me is sorta kinda a little bit hoping we lose in the 1st round and that will be enough to force the front office to actually fire Scott Brooks. Being this f***ing incompetent in the halfcourt, when that's what the playoffs turn into for the majority of games, is inexcusable at this point. The core of the team has been together for 5+ years and Brooks has been the head coach that whole time. Struggling to even get someone open in a halfcourt set is pathetic.

What's Brooks contract situation?

OKC isn't a market that's just gonna eat empty salary. If Brooks still has coin comin to him, they're gonna keep him.

Also, people give Brooks shit for the halfcourt offense, but never mention they don't have any players who can actually play in the post. When everyone knows Westbrook is gonna come down and either shoot or pass it straight to Durant, there's not really much a coach can do. They don't have a post presence. How is that Brooks' fault?? They also don't have a pass first PG. That's also not Brooks' fault. He's basically been given two iso scorers and some role players.

People blaming Brooks are delusional about the actual talent level on this team. It's really nothing special in terms of playoff style players.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 04-22-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    People said the same thing in 2012 and 2013 about OKC and SA beating them. And the Heat still won with injury problems. And no, they didn't "barely" beat Charlotte. They won by over 10 and were up big at one point.

This Heat team isn't the same as those two years. They've struggled as much as Indy has since around All-Star break.

Great college starter

It ain't like the Heat have been setting the world on fire. They barely beat the Bobcats at home.
    Barely? That games was a 20 point beatdown with like 3 mins left before the heat put on cruise control mode

If ATL beats the Pacers and meets Miami, don't think the Heat will roll over them.
    ATL does scare me more than the Thunder because of the Spurs system they use but Miami would beat them too.

The only team that scares me from the West w/o having homecourt is the Spurs. Even the Clippers scare me more than the Thunder

This Heat team isn't the same as those two years. They've struggled as much as Indy has since around All-Star break.
    Struggled? Look to me they were coasting for the most part. I am not a fan of the flip the switch mentality either. But the Pacers got serious chemistry problems right now. The only team in the west that will be a tough out in the Finals for Miami is SA. The rest of those teams I don't see having a chance. OKC has no big man to take advantage of the Heat's turdbucket froncourt. They don't matchup well at all with Miami

Assuming health, OKC is a dynasty if they manage to get a competent coach who implements offensive sets. It was embarrassing to watch Durant trying to wrestle Allen for post position (and failing) MULTIPLE times without any adjustments being made.

Brooks is simply a well paid cheerleader in a suit. Worst coach in the league and it's not even close IMO.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Assuming health, OKC is a dynasty if they manage to get a competent coach who implements offensive sets. It was embarrassing to watch Durant trying to wrestle Allen for post position (and failing) MULTIPLE times without any adjustments being made.

Brooks is simply a well paid cheerleader in a suit. Worst coach in the league and it's not even close IMO.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

miami doesnt get up for teams they know they should beat

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Yea, it would be interesting...

Brooks has to go...you know I've been saying this for like 4 years now on here.

They may still win on how good the team is, but they aren't close to playing at their optimal level...and the worst thing that can happen to a team is have title years wasted.

Most fans don't understand how important coaching can be. Going all the way back to the 11 WCF...that series was so close. People forget that the Thunder had leads going into the 4th qtr in 4 of the 5 games. If you switched coaches in that series...do the mavs still win? I really don't know...probably not actually.

Brooks ****ed them in the 12 finals as well...playing the bum Perkins way too much.

And if they don't win this year...it will likely because he ****s them again by not getting them to play the right way.

How is he still allowing WB to take so many 3's?????? You can't do that after 5 years of being together like you said.

Despite some of these new KD fans annoying me, you know I really like the Thunder and pull for them often. I don't want to see the Thunder waste years because of a shit coach. It happened to my team with Avery Johnson...but we never had teams this good...so it will be even worse for Thunder fans when you guys look back.

I think Brooks has to go...and I'd really like to see Durant get tougher and become a better leader on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

You're clueless