Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: ESPN said Orlando asked for Bynum and Gasol for the trade for Dwight.

I'd probably do this from a Laker POV if they got Jameer back.

Jameer
    kobe
    ron/whoever
    Mcbob
    Howard

nice 5

Banned

Default Re: ESPN said Orlando asked for Bynum and Gasol for the trade for Dwight.

This is assuming they didn't offer that and orlando were the ones turning it down. Everything i've read seems Orlando are intent on not moving him until mid season if at all.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by The Choken One
    I can't believe they aren't pulling the trigger. There has to be something we don't know then.

They could also be looking at their roster after the trade...it'd be like Kobe and Dwight. That's it. And with no pieces to really trade, and I'm assuming no cap space to make a good signing, the Lakers wouldn't exactly be in good shape.
    The Lakers still have 2 Trade Exceptions and still can get a nice PF&PG with those.

As long as LA doesn't take on Hedo's contract, I'm all for this trade.

PULL THE TRIGGER JIM!

Lakers should just go and reopen a deal to get CP3.

Either that or find a way to get Howard by just trading Bynum and assets. Rockets could also try and get Gasol from the Lakers so LA can use him to get Scola and role players.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    This is assuming they didn't offer that and orlando were the ones turning it down. Everything i've read seems Orlando are intent on not moving him until mid season if at all.
    Either way, a LA-ORL trade will be discussed then anyways. Which can either help or hurt the Lakers' chances at trading for Howard without including Gasol.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Choken One
    I can't believe they aren't pulling the trigger. There has to be something we don't know then.

They could also be looking at their roster after the trade...it'd be like Kobe and Dwight. That's it. And with no pieces to really trade, and I'm assuming no cap space to make a good signing, the Lakers wouldn't exactly be in good shape.
    In my opinion Lakers and Dwight Howard are waiting until cp3 gets traded. Lakers aren't trading for Howard unless they get cp3. Dwight wants to make sure he can't go to Lakers before he goes to nets/mavericks/wherever. I still think Lakers can get cp3/Howard as that is where they both want to play.

In my opinion Stern will let cp3 play for the Lakers he is holding out to get the best deal for the Hornets so the team can be sold for the highest price. Stern and the Owners are shrewd businessmen. This is all negotiation tactics IMO. Look at what they did during the lockout...this negotiation tactic nothing compared to that. Lakers just need to get another team to provide youth/cap space whatever Stern wants for the Hornets.

Lakers core will either be Kobe/Gasol/Howard or Kobe/cp3/dwight.

5-time NBA All-Star

Orlando is feeling like you gave up the other good piece for nothing and we wanted two good pieces...