Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What argument do people have for hating gay people

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Is it you?

I'm more Paymerish than Ornstein-like.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    I am well educated in science and harbour a strong interest in world politics. He is somewhat of a prominent member in the field of science as well as being a relevant politician so naturally I am aware of him.

link
    Their principal conclusion is unequivocal: Today’s Republicans in Congress behave like a parliamentary party in a British-style parliament, a winner-take-all system. But a parliamentary party — “ideologically polarized, internally unified, vehemently oppositional” — doesn’t work in a “separation-of-powers system that makes it extremely difficult for majorities to work their will.”

These Republicans “have become more loyal to party than to country,” the authors write, so “the political system has become grievously hobbled at a time when the country faces unusually serious problems and grave threats. . . . The country is squandering its economic future and putting itself at risk because of an inability to govern effectively.”

Today’s Republican Party has little in common even with Ronald Reagan’s GOP, or with earlier versions that believed in government. Instead it has become “an insurgent outlier — ideologically extreme; contemptuous of the inherited social and economic policy regime; scornful of compromise; unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition . . . all but declaring war on the government.”

Mann and Ornstein consider “the debt ceiling fiasco” of last summer proof of these accusations. The idea of deliberately jeopardizing the credit rating of the United States by toying with a purposeful default on the country’s debt was a carefully planned strategy, they note — the brainchild of Eric Cantor of Virginia, today’s majority leader of the House.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    There is none because none is needed. Anyone can love or hate whomever they want. There doesn't have to be any logic behind it.
    Almost everyone has a reason they hate someone or some group. Maybe a rational person wouldnt find it a valid reason, but they almost always have a reason.

Eg. gay sex disgusts them. Muslims/black people scare them. Hispanics stole their jobs and are becoming a majority in america, etc

NBA rookie of the year

There is a lot of reasons people hate gays:

All major religions are very anti gay
    Christianity, Islam, Hindus, Silks, Judaism, etc.

(maybe individual people within these religions dont hate gays, but the religion itself hates gays)

Eg. say jewish people overall dont hate gays, but clearly the old testimate hates gays in Leviticus

The second major reason is gay men doing it disgusts many people.
    The third reason is fear that they are gay or their son is gay.

The Top 16 Anti-Gay Activists Caught Being Gay
    http://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-an...ing-gay/joanne

Where should I eat next time I'm in brooklyn
    I could definitely hook you with up with places.

However, first you need to Define Brooklyn. We have 2.5 million people it's a pretty big borough and it's way more spread out than Manhattan.

If you're born in Brooklyn, you define yourself by your neighborhood. You would never say I'm going out to eat in Brooklyn, unless you were from Manhattan.

And North Brooklyn, which is a hot area these days is cut off from South Brooklyn if you're travelling by subway. See that grey L at the top? To get to South Brooklyn by train, you usually have to go back into Manhattan and then back to South Brooklyn

So you probably want to figure out where you want to hang out after dinner then find out what is good to eat there.

Given that, I would say. Go to Lunch at Peter Luger's Steakhouse. If you're feeling flush get the steak. It's fantastic.

If you're not feeling flush, get the burger. It's in an interesting area, because it's the border between Hasidic Williamsburg and invading hipster hordes.

If you're just looking to hang out, Mables BBQ is cool spot and the Brooklyn Brewery is down the block and you can hang out there on the weekends. There's also a bowling alley

If you're being a foodie at a RufusPaul level and want a real adventure got to Pok Pok for Thai food.

If you want old school Brooklyn, go to Coney Island. Get a hot dog at Nathan's and then go to Totonno's for coal oven pizza.

You know how I'm always raving about coal oven pizza? If you don't want to go all the way to Coney Island, you can go to Grimaldi's which is right by the Brooklyn Bridge and in a much better tourist area, because Dumbo is right there. However, there's usually a long line.

I would suggest as a visitor, to schedule your meals at non-peak times to avoid crowds.

Any particular food you love?
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 09-19-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Actually religion preach loving gay people.

People hate gay people because they're different, that's all it is.

Well I have friends in different parts of Brooklyn so I say brooklyn

Also I'm not a snobby brooklynder so I say brooklyn
    The folks who keep saying "Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn" are usually saying it in a reverse snobbery way to imply they are better/hipper than Manhattan.

I'm just keeping it real.

Where do you friends live in Brooklyn? Because if I told you I just a picked a place because it's good, like you must at DiFara's Pizza because it's the best slice in America and all the pies have been made by the same guy for the past 50 years who is a LeonardofreakingDaVinci whose medium is pomodoro tomatoes, it sounds awesome. However, if your a visitor and have limited time in NYC and you realize it's going to be an hour to get there, you're going to wait at least an hour, it's $5 a slice and then there's nothing to do in neighborhood, that might not be the best use of your time.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 09-19-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    The folks who keep saying "Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn" are usually saying it in a reverse snobbery way to imply they are better/hipper than Manhattan.

I'm just keeping it real.

Where do you friends live in Brooklyn? Because if I told you I just a picked a place because it's good, like you must at DiFara's Pizza because it's the best slice in America and all the pies have been made by the same guy for the past 50 years who is a LeonardofreakingDaVinci whose medium is pomodoro tomatoes, it sounds awesome. However, if your a visitor and have limited time in NYC and you realize it's going to be an hour to get there, you're going to wait at least an hour, it's $5 a slice and then there's nothing to do in neighborhood, that might not be the best use of your time.
    Remember when Brooklyn used to be cool? Before it was home of the douche-beard?

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

If you love ghey sex/behaviour you oppose nature itself. Don't even need to bring religious texts in to see that.

We need less bitches in the world

I don't hate gay people for their sexual orientation.

I dislike the obnoxiousness of the stereotypical gay culture. Sometimes it's funny and I can laugh at it, most of the times it bugs me like if I am at the Subway or something. Like these dudes don't have to be loud and annoying af just because they identify with a group that's very polarizing and have gotten much real hate.

It's just a political ploy to keep the people distracted from real world affairs. The main purpose of the two parties is to keep the people focus on meaningless conflictual social issues like this so they can push their real agendas without any repercussions. Both parties are run by corporate interest and the interest usually involves more war for resources.

Don't be for it or against it. Be above it. Sure there are some religions that don't accept gays, but issue is a lot bigger with both parties constantly pushing it down our throats.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 09-20-2014 at 06:15 AM.

-

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Remember when Brooklyn used to be cool? Before it was home of the douche-beard?
    brooklyn was never cool