rank sentamentalist

Default John Kerry to Code Pink Protesters: "you ought to care about fighting isil"

full quote of Kerry addressing the protesters at the senate foreign relations committee

[QUOTE]"I also know something about CodePink. CodePink was started by a woman, and women, who were opposed to war, but who also thought that the government

Default Re: John Kerry to Code Pink Protesters: "you ought to care about fighting isil"

John Kerry's telling them what they should be doing? Please. Dickhead was taking pictures with ISIS a few months ago.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: John Kerry to Code Pink Protesters: "you ought to care about fighting isil"

i was laffing reading Rohani chastising us for not sending in ground troops to fight ISIS. that fukkin puppet just wants us to take risk, like our gungho war generals, when we don't have to. there are local surrounding governments around where ISIS has invaded who can handle that with more at stake for them than us.

fukk the guilt trips, we'll safely bombard and wreck these fools without putting soldiers in dangers. makes them real mad

ALWAYS an excuse to go to war. Politicians always due the bidding of the Military Industrial Complex to steal our trillions. Never ever a reason for peace and spending money on actual tangible things our country and people need. More terrorist Bullshit...now even SCARIER terrorists in black outfits. BULL....SHIT.....

I'm glad when Code Pink do their shit. Just another way to get peoples attention.

Well, that makes me curious to find out what's Kerry's take on North Korea then..

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Well, that makes me curious to find out what's Kerry's take on North Korea then..
    what's your take on north korea?

sorry better question: what's us and western allies take on north korea according to the diplomatic and documentary records?
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad Solidape's Avatar

Or Saudi Arabia?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i was laffing reading Rohani chastising us for not sending in ground troops to fight ISIS. that fukkin puppet just wants us to take risk, like our gungho war generals, when we don't have to. there are local surrounding governments around where ISIS has invaded who can handle that with more at stake for them than us.

fukk the guilt trips, we'll safely bombard and wreck these fools without putting soldiers in dangers. makes them real mad

Former President Bill Clinton voiced support for the U.S. strategy to defeat ISIS and said only the Iraqi people can win a land war in Iraq.

Speaking Thursday night on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Clinton said the United States has proven it can't win an Iraq war with boots on the ground, but that moderate Sunni tribal leaders working with an inclusive Iraqi government can.

"We can't win a land war in Iraq, but they can and we can help them," Clinton said.

Clinton said he thinks President Barack Obama's strategy to combat ISIS, or the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, "has a chance to succeed."

"The Iraqi government finally includes Sunnis who were representing those tribal leaders who are moderate and without whom ISIS cannot be defeated," he said.

"We can give them intelligence, and we can do bombing, and we have to do that to send a signal to them. That there's a price for decapitating those people," he said, referring to the recent beheadings of American journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff and of British aid work David Haines.

"You can't let people get away with that, that's a terrible signal to the world," he said.

greatest Prez ever agree's w/ me

fukk our shitty generals.

I don't know... It's pretty obvious people are not living a nice life in North Korea. Although technically, we don't really know at all, do we. Just something about logging camps in Russia or whatnot.

It's a bad precedent for one government to throw off a disliked other just because it can. Happened plenty of times, of course, but still. I guess if a global convention, something like UN did it that'd be somehow fine. Too bad UN is virtually toothless.

I know even less about Saudi Arabia. Are you refering to very strict laws on how minorities should behave and everything? Women having to adhere to certain rules too... Can women be considered a minority? It's still 50-50 there, or not. Are citizens allowed to just leave? If the neighbour countries just welcomed all those who don't want to live in SA, or say US opened up their cruise ship and said jump in - maybe that would be fair. Still, If society is a certain way I think it's safe to assume it wants to be that way, to a degree. Majority must be fine with the way things are, otherwise it would be very hard for the government to stay in place.

I'd say no person should possess natural resources. It's not what he mixed his labour with, right. So that dogdes the question a bit... If Saudis were poor people who would care about them? They'd be more willing to become liberal, too. If not, I think one could lead a happy strict traditional life, if left alone and without riches to project themselves onto other people.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    sorry better question: what's us and western allies take on north korea according to the diplomatic and documentary records?
    That's an interesting question, but who here has the data and knowledge to have a say on it.

For what I know nobody takes North Korea seriously, and has no reason to. The media sometimes will go off but just for a story to sell. I don't know... I think Russia or US could really save their people, if they wanted to.

Good question - are world leaders sociopaths? Do they really care about other human beings?

rank sentamentalist

Good question - are world leaders sociopaths? Do they really care about other human beings?
    some are, some aren't lol though all of them certainly have the sociopathic instinct

i'm no expert on relations between the united states and the koreas either.

i'm 15 minutes into this, probably a good lecture to listen to

two others you'll probably find balance each other out from opposite ends of the spectrum

first
    second
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-19-2014 at 05:21 PM.

One of them was unbearable, and Mr Chomsky went on full scale dynamics in history between the west and the east. Still yet to watch another one. Doesn't seem too interesting though.

Dan Carlin had an episode on North Korea once. Do you listen to that show, Ridonks?

rank sentamentalist

One of them was unbearable, and Mr Chomsky went on full scale dynamics in history between the west and the east. Still yet to watch another one. Doesn't seem too interesting though.

Dan Carlin had an episode on North Korea once. Do you listen to that show, Ridonks?
    yea i remember listening to it and actually posting it on this site haha

he got deep into the question of whether or not north korea is a real military threat.... and i think i remember he poked a lot of holes in the msm depiction which was extremely exaggerated.

i just listened to bits and pieces of the other two lectures i posted. they were more or less what i was looking for, which to some extent was "spin". i still find it helpful to tune into what is being said by status quo pundits and partisans especially on american tv where the rhetoric and deceit are so glaring.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Noam Chomsky is not always right, but even when you disagree with him (very few times actually) he still makes a compelling argument.. plus he has little to no agenda (besides educating the masses).

Always great listening to him.
    he's my best frame of reference for world affairs... use his work all the time for analysis and sources. he's also got a knack for biting irony; just check the titles of his work "necessary illusions" "deterring democracy" "manufacturing consent" "hegemony or survival" etc