Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: Islamic State discussion

It isn't Islam itself. There are plenty of non-radical Muslims out there.

There are also plenty of radical Christians (the KKK, the Phelps family, etc), as well as radical right wing Jewish extremists (the JDL, JTF, and some of the ultra-orthodox in Israel who like to spit on non-Jews).

The problem is extremism, and rabid nationality bordering on xenophobia. Unfortunately the leadership in many of these middle-eastern nations happen to be religious fundamentalists and extremists.

"The world is silent on genocide, rape in Syria, Iraq"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLNgseCsDYo

Thousands of Iraqi refugees flee ISIS

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...xodus.cnn.html

If the people WANT this...they should have it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

There are also plenty of radical Christians (the KKK, the Phelps family, etc), as well as radical right wing Jewish extremists (the JDL, JTF, and some of the ultra-orthodox in Israel who like to spit on non-Jews).

The problem is extremism, and rabid nationality bordering on xenophobia. Unfortunately the leadership in many of these middle-eastern nations happen to be religious fundamentalists and extremists.

there haven't been radical Chrisitans in a long fukking time...if anything few and far between. Meanwhile there are radical muslisms all over the fukking place committing atrocities that may be worse than Hitler. own up to that shit instead of using 100+~ years ago history to justify muslim extremism of today...which IS THE problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    there haven't been radical Chrisitans in a long fukking time...if anything few and far between. Meanwhile there are radical muslisms all over the fukking place committing atrocities that may be worse than Hitler. own up to that shit instead of using 100+~ years ago history to justify muslim extremism of today...which IS THE problem.
    I can't disagree.

I just don't like generalizations. Obviously there are far more Muslim extremists today than there are Christian extremists.

I just meant to say that not all Muslims are like that. I have some Muslim and Arabic friends who are normal secular people, and don't even care that I'm ethnically Jewish.

NBA Superstar

I can't disagree.

I just don't like generalizations. Obviously there are far more Muslim extremists today than there are Christian extremists.

I just meant to say that not all Muslims are like that. I have some Muslim and Arabic friends who are normal secular people, and don't even care that I'm ethnically Jewish.

sorry if i'm being course, but i had some drinks after work and sort of in rant mode right now

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    NOBODY IS JUSTIFYING ANYTHING

just trying to explain it

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The KKK and Christianity have nothing to do with one another. These Islamo-Nazi's are actually killing in their God's name.

NBA rookie of the year

People are ridiculously overrating the threat of the islamic state. Them beating up the armies of syria and malik's iraq is like the heat winning in the east. The minute they destroy the shia holy shrines in Karbala Iran is going to **** them up.

Their 5 year plan is laughable. Taking India, turkey, Israel, Saudi arabia, parts of china? That would be like me beating up a 5 year old and then threatening Jon Bones jones

They will probably do a 9/11 style attack on western countries, but they do not threaten our continuity
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 08-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    This is why US shouldn't have armed the rebels in Syria sorry but middle eastern countries need dictators like Assad and Saddam they look normal compared to the Islamic state.
    I Agree with this statement 100 %

What people don't understand is that what ISIS is doing is a key element of Islam. They're not just a bunch of people trying to build an empire (caliphate) who "happen" to be muslim. Imperialism is a key islamic belief. There is no such thing as a muslim who doesn't believe in Islamic imperialism. It's like a Christian who doesn't believe in repenting for sins. It's a central belief.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    This is why US shouldn't have armed the rebels in Syria sorry but middle eastern countries need dictators like Assad and Saddam they look normal compared to the Islamic state.
    Sometimes, the sheep need to be herded.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What people don't understand is that what ISIS is doing is a key element of Islam. They're not just a bunch of people trying to build an empire (caliphate) who "happen" to be muslim. Imperialism is a key islamic belief. There is no such thing as a muslim who doesn't believe in Islamic imperialism. It's like a Christian who doesn't believe in repenting for sins. It's a central belief.
    and yet the same thing not only could have been said but WAS said to demonize overtly christian empires striving for regional dominance. and the justification, at that time, was the same as the justification isis uses to explain away its atrocities.

christian doctrine has not changed since that time, only interpretation of the texts. you can still find horrific quotes in the bible that were used to justify all kinds of crimes. yet much of the christian world is now peaceful. fancy that.

another important note; the most populated islamic country in the world, representing 200 million muslims (88% of the population) is indonesia, a significant american allies for years. and of course they didn't "grow up" there so to speak. they conquered it. when islam did have its few hundred imperialistic years in the sun.

one more just if you weren't already certain; the most extreme and fundamentalist country in the world is the most significant american ally in the middle east, saudi arabia. no conflict there between jihad and "democracy".

islam is as destructive or as peaceful as the people who practise it. it's malleable like almost anything else. you can use a hammer to build a house or to smash a skull in. i've met people who i expect could do both. and i've also met and know muslims who preach love and kindness, as well as ones who preach death and destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    and yet the same thing not only could have been said but WAS said to demonize overtly christian empires striving for regional dominance. and the justification, at that time, was the same as the justification isis uses to explain away its atrocities.

christian doctrine has not changed since that time, only interpretation of the texts. you can still find horrific quotes in the bible that were used to justify all kinds of crimes. yet much of the christian world is now peaceful. fancy that.

another important note; the most populated islamic country in the world, representing 200 million muslims (88% of the population) is indonesia, a significant american allies for years. and of course they didn't "grow up" there so to speak. they conquered it. when islam did have its few hundred imperialistic years in the sun.

one more just if you weren't already certain; the most extreme and fundamentalist country in the world is the most significant american ally in the middle east, saudi arabia. no conflict there between jihad and "democracy".

islam is as destructive or as peaceful as the people who practise it. it's malleable like almost anything else. you can use a hammer to build a house or to smash a skull in. i've met people who i expect could do both. and i've also met and know muslims who preach love and kindness, as well as ones who preach death and destruction.
    Again with the false equivalence.

Christian nations did have empires and Christianity was used as a reason, but there is no actual religious belief in Christianity of the having to be a Christian empire. It's not in the bible. You can 100% literal Christian without having an empire.

It's not the same for Islam. The REQUIREMENT of an Islamic empire is a key principle. It's not like Christianity where empire is just never mentioned. In order for a Muslim to NOT believe in Islamic empire, you have to specifically choose to ignore what is explicitly written in the quran as a REQUIREMENT.