Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Default Re: Islamic State discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    just practicing the other side's discourse

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content...etake-villages

THE KURDS

Kurdish troops launched offensives against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) jihadist group on three fronts in northern Iraq on Tuesday, senior officers told AFP.

Troops struck before dawn against a town on the Syrian border, north of jihadist-controlled second city Mosul, and south of key oil hub Kirkuk, the commanders said.

A senior source in the Kurdish peshmerga said troops had entered the town of Rabia on the border with Syria, after seizing the villages of As-Saudiyah and Mahmudiyah.

"Ground troops are now fighting in the centre of Rabia," which lies about 100 kilometres (60 miles) northwest of Mosul.

He said peshmerga forces, backed by artillery and warplanes, were also attacking Zumar, about 60 kilometres (40 miles) northwest of the city, near the reservoir of Iraq's largest dam, which has been a key battleground between the Kurds and the jihadists.

Both Rabia and Zumar were areas which the peshmerga seized in the chaos that followed the jihadists' capture of Mosul in a lightning offensive in early June.

ISIS forces made a fresh push two months later and inflicted stinging setbacks on the peshmerga, before the US air campaign began on August 8.

The officer, who spoke to AFP on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to talk to the press, would not elaborate on the nature of the air support received in Zumar.

France has carried out airstrikes in Iraq, British fighter jets are also active in Iraq's skies and Iraqi jets conduct daily operations across the country.

Further south, peshmerga forces clawed back villages around the town of Daquq that had been under jihadist control since June 10, also with air support.

"They have liberated the villages of Saad and Khaled. The peshmerga have taken full control of the area, following fierce fighting," General Westa Rasul said.

He said peshmerga forces were now advancing on the nearby village of Al-Wahda, around 30 kilometres south of Kirkuk, but were encountering stiff resistance.

rank sentamentalist

boy i sure hope there arent any more islamic states in the world

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

ISIS in America and the American Government wants to pass Gun Control regulations. LOL what a pathetic time to be an American. Being led like sheep to slaughter by these buffoons in the White House.

In the end, all you have is yourself to rely on. Defend yourself at any cost.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

So I heard that Baghdad maybe taken over soon. That would be a disaster of epic proportions. That cannot happen. IF it does, WTF are these airstrikes and fight against ISIS..from what I heard they aren't doing much. ISIS is still advancing. They should be less concerned with trying to take Assad out of power and actually killing ISIS. Plus I heard the Kurds are threatened. Time is running out.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Wasn't Obama going to save them no matter what?
    XD

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5791622.html

Has holding up a sign with a hashtag and putting a photo of it on the internet ever solved anything?

NBA All-star

as to my false disclaimer on Islamic State

progressive in a regressive world
    regressive in a progressive world

spirituality mixed with mental capability/disability

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Damn. A bit of photoshop and you've got yourself a badass movie poster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    So I heard that Baghdad maybe taken over soon. That would be a disaster of epic proportions. That cannot happen. IF it does, WTF are these airstrikes and fight against ISIS..from what I heard they aren't doing much. ISIS is still advancing. They should be less concerned with trying to take Assad out of power and actually killing ISIS. Plus I heard the Kurds are threatened. Time is running out.
    Yeh exactly these strikes are not doing shit and IS just shrugs it off and continues to grow and advance. They are much stronger then the Western world is making them sound in the media, we aren't being told everything.

Kurds are constantly on the retreat, IS could very well take over the whole middle east in 10 years.

Look at this sickening dumbass interview...

A German from ISIS https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152723644955838