Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Privileged by Kyle Korver | The Players Tribune

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]The north was whipped into an abolitionist frenzy NOT because the average person gave a single FVCK about racism, slavery, or the plight of blacks. They wanted to feel superior to southerners.

It was a moral trend that made one group feel superior to their cultural rivals. Just like anti abortion nutjobs on the right or sjw freaks on the left do today. People staking a claim to superior

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Cringe. Do the black chappies really need more reasons to make themselves out to be victims? Jesus christ. It's no one but your fault that you have done nothing with your lives. Stop blaming the system or the white man for the fact that your lives pathetic. If I wasn't a racist before, the last 5 years have made me one with all these virtual signalling and whining. The funniest thing about black people is they are always going on about how proud they are with their african heritage...ugh black africans can't ****ing stand black americans. They think you are you ghetto, rude, ignorant dipshits. They aren't wrong either for the majority of you.

This is the exact sentiment tons of people in America share. The media is purposely polarizing people toward extremes, and many who were not previpusly race conscious are picking the

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Korver says in the article that he must "educate himself" on the history of racism in America

So what, he didn't already know?

The only reason someone needs to "educate" themselves on common knowledge is because they've been purposefully ignoring it their whole life

Now he's just writing an article to make himself feel better, and his need to "educate" himself is a burden and the actual problem

Go away Kyle. Your article is an example of how dumb many white people are in this country.. Keep your dumbness to yourself and educate yourself in private, you fool

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I've read a few biographies of Lincoln and I didn't get that impression. From what I heard he understood slavery was wrong from an early age. He had to work for his father for free. He also said racist stuff during campaigns because he knew it would destroy his chances of winning an election. It's similar to Hillary and Obama saying "marriage is between a man and woman" not so long ago.

I don't believe Lincoln was a racist. He understood the absurdity of it. I'd like to know what biographers really believe he was a racist.

I dont believe anyone portrays him as having virulent animosity toward blacks. In fact Im sure he harbored no such thing. But everyone is a product of their time. After slavery, many abolistionists believed in “separate but equal.” Others wanted to buy slaves boat tickets back to Africa.

These were the people who pushed to end slavery... yet by today’s standards their support of segregation or send-em-back policies would be considered klan doctrine.

Abe was considered a ****** lover in his time. Today he would be considered a cross burner for those same views. So was he a good guy or bad guy? Was he a racist or not a racist? Fact is he was just one of millions of Americans in his generation who had an opinion. Didnt make him good or bad. The guy was a politician. He didnt care about blacks as much as the legends of today like to portray. He was part of a moral movement of his time, just like many people are part of today. Dont mistake people’s moral crusades as evidence of their righteousness

The North couldnt simply say “We wont tolerate slavery here. And disagree with what youre doing over there. But states rights are the foundation of the country, we will agree to disagree.”

They hd to fight with southerners to prove they were better, superior, and RIGHT. Just like all the partisan fighting you see to this very day. Blacks were just a convenient excuse for breaking out the soapbox. The average new englander didnt give 1 single **** about no ******.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Korver says in the article that he must "educate himself" on the history of racism in America

So what, he didn't already know?

The only reason someone needs to "educate" themselves on common knowledge is because they've been purposefully ignoring it their whole life

Now he's just writing an article to make himself feel better, and his need to "educate" himself is a burden and the actual problem

Go away Kyle. Your article is an example of how dumb many white people are in this country.. Keep your dumbness to yourself and educate yourself in private, you fool
    lol. Yes it's the white man that makes you a pathetic loser who spends hours in his 40s obsessing over a player who hasn't done anything in 20 years, right? Those damn white people!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

we da bess.

I'm so sick of the white guilt

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Great piece by Korver, pretty thoughtful. Those kind of people are part of a solution.

Who cares what Lebron said about the article though? You've got an addiction bro.
    You can hear this same nonsense from even the most idiotic leftist on facebook.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

I'm not trying to read all that, someone post some cliffs

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

What I wanna know is where all you angry white people are in person. You guys have been getting angrier and angrier for years on here and other places online yet not one time has a white guy expressed these views to me.

Are you all just coming online where you dont have to answer for it or explain yourself....or be thought less of? Like this here:

They think you are you ghetto, rude, ignorant dipshits. They aren't wrong either for the majority of you.

Ive talked to actual klan members and never heard such a thing in person.

Its all smiles in person.

Are guys like this really expressing these views in day to day life and I just dont come across them or what?

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    What I wanna know is where all you angry white people are in person. You guys have been getting angrier and angrier for years on here and other places online yet not one time has a white guy expressed these views to me.

Are you all just coming online where you dont have to answer for it or explain yourself....or be thought less of? Like this here:

Ive talked to actual klan members
    and never heard such a thing in person.

Are guys like this really expressing these views in day to day life and I just dont come across them or what?
    WTF, you aren't just going to skip past that without tell us the story

Also you know full well those white boys only pop shit online, they're real quiet and shook irl

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Ive talked to actual klan members and never heard such a thing in person.

U know how them howdy neighborino cacs be in person.......its a different type of energy on storm front and 4chan

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Im from chicago but ive lived in north carolina, south carolina, DC, and georgia at times. I was in the south back when the klan being at like....a flea market or out front of a super market wouldnt be that unusual. You just walk past. They werent hurting people or usually even saying anything that offensive.

It was almost always other whites shouting them down and getting into conflicts. We mostly ignored them...but when I got older id listen to them a bit. Had a fairly long conversation with a guy in the whole robe and hood and all at a place called the Anderson Jockeylot(doesnt that sound like a place the Klan would be?).

The klan doesnt yell about ******s and jews in person in my experience. Im sure that goes on in meetings but they have to put a polite face on in public.

The klan in person sounds less racist than a lot of these ISH types.

Kenneth for one...waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more racist online than ive ever heard any white person be in person Klan or otherwise.

We werent afraid of the klan when I was a kid. They didnt do anything. I missed that era. The klan wasnt that dangerous just....someone to laugh at. That said....when they would do the real rallies and shit on football fields or whatever at night we wouldnt go over there.

Not a fear thing just....clearly not a place to go. I doubt anything would have happened if we did though.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    I think soon white people simply won't care.
    it's already happened, every time I see crap like this I just roll my eyes and

no one fcking cares, and why is that? because you can't SHUT up about it

the guy that says that actual african blacks are ashamed of american blacks is right on point.

they literally hate black americans, it's almost a vile like hatred

Didn't the fan in Utah tell Westbrook to get on his knees, to basically suck cawk?
    Westbrook engages and looses his professional focus, tells the fan I"ll f@rk you and your wife up. Basically threatening physical violence, then turns it into racist thing and gets the fan permanently banned.
    And Thabo, himself admitted he back chatted to the cop, repeatedly. Basically got himself into a scuffle that caused his leg to be broken. He could have just moved on, gone back to his hotel and chilled. Because he is NBA got the whole thing turned into "I'm the victim."
    This essay Korver wrote is pure junk, probably had his wife help him.