Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: according to lebron fans these are the top 10 players of all time

Career high season in defensive win shares:

LeBron 6.5

Jordan 6.1

Kobe 4.3

Numbers don't lie LeBron is the best defender out of the 3

Lets not forget LeBron having the most steals ever in the postseason

You lose try harder next time

Great college starter

Defensive Win Shares

I don't think I've ever heard anyone reference Win Shares in an actual basketball discussion, except like, Max Kellerman. Still though

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    if a rookie that never played defense and couldn't shoot has a top 5 gamescore then that shows you how valuable that analytic is

Kobe couldnt shoot either but do we hold it against Mr. 44%be?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

LeBron 6.5

Jordan 6.1

Kobe 4.3

you just said numbers don't lie. then posted numbers that said lebron was a better defender one year than jordan or kobe ever was

this is why you have to actually watch the games. there isn't a single expert, coach, player or former player that will say lebron was ever a better defender than jordan

some hate kobe enough to say it... like nick wright. but even he won't go that far in a jordan vs lebron debate

this totally debunks analytics even more so

lebron is a stat chaser. he plays passing lanes and sags off his man to get numbers that contribute to analytics. why do you think he's constantly looking at stat sheets during a game

why do you think he's playing in meaningless games right now with the lakers eliminated from the playoffs

stats are more important than winning to lebron. he's a total fraud

why do you continue to support this guy. this season totally obliterated his legacy

Quote Originally Posted by LostCause
    Defensive Win Shares

I don't think I've ever heard anyone reference Win Shares in an actual basketball discussion, except like, Max Kellerman. Still though
    Of course not, the average basketball fan is a moron that does not understand advanced analytics. Which is precisely why it's no surprise to me that you don't seem to like them, either

you just said numbers don't lie. then posted numbers that said lebron was a better defender one year than jordan or kobe ever was

this is why you have to actually watch the games. there isn't a single expert, coach, player or former player that will say lebron was ever a better defender than jordan

some hate kobe enough to say it... like nick wright. but even he won't go that far in a jordan vs lebron debate

this totally debunks analytics even more so

lebron is a stat chaser. he plays passing lanes and sags off his man to get numbers that contribute to analytics. why do you think he's constantly looking at stat sheets during a game

why do you think he's playing in meaningless games right now with the lakers eliminated from the playoffs

stats are more important than winning to lebron. he's a total fraud

why do you continue to support this guy. this season totally obliterated his legacy
    LBJ should have won DPOY in 2012 and/or 2013 and Im going to make a thread on it.

Fight me

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98

LeBron 6.5

Jordan 6.1

Kobe 4.3

Manny got these bois on a leash

and why are all time gamescore rankings based on a 3 game cherry picked average

IF you could READ

One graphic is based on a single game, the other is based on the greatest 3-game stretch

Hint: Bron also has the greatest 2-game stretch as well. Want me to post that, too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Kobe couldnt shoot either but do we hold it against Mr. 44%be?
    up till kobes achilles injury he shot over 45%

the same as rick barry ... he was one of the most gifted shooters of all time but chose to take high difficult attempts like kobe did... he demoralized opponents

the truest test of pure shooting ability is free throw percentage. ofcourse a players style/shot selection will mess with fg%. but you can't cover it up at the free throw line. lebron sure as hell couldn't

Banned

IF you could READ

One graphic is based on a single game, the other is based on the greatest 3-game stretch

Hint: Bron also has the greatest 2-game stretch as well. Want me to post that, too?
    again..

so a rookie that couldn't shoot or defend is in your top 5

up till kobes achilles injury he shot over 45%

the same as rick barry ... he was one of the most gifted shooters of all time but chose to take high difficult attempts like kobe did... he demoralized opponents

the truest test of pure shooting ability is free throw percentage. ofcourse a players style/shot selection will mess with fg%. but you can't cover it up at the free throw line. lebron sure as hell couldn't
    Seasons above .469 FG

Kobe = 0/20
    LBJ = 15/16

We done here?

again..

so a rookie that couldn't shoot or defend is in your top 5
    No Kobe is not in the top 5

Banned

No Kobe is not in the top 5
    but rookie magic is

Banned

Seasons above .469 FG

Kobe = 0/20
    LBJ = 15/16

We done here?

rick barry never shot over .464% in the nba