Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: 2012 Trade Deadline Deal: Gerald Wallace to the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by KingJames99
    You kidding? lol so you would give up Kidd-Gilchrist for Gerrald Wallace?

Anyway i agree with you about shipping him around like he is a scrub but they aren't getting peanuts for him, Charlotte did tho when they traded him last year.
    Again, you don't know if they'll end up with those players and, again, you don't know if they'll pan out at an NBA level. With Portland's luck in the draft I'd be extremely leery about building through picks if I was them.

The thing the Nets shouldn't do is panic deals to appease deron, and only protecting through 3 for someone they could have signed outright in a few months strikes me as a panic move.

Banned

By the way, if Orlando wasn't so busy trying to square away the Dwight situation, they should have done everything they could to trade for Wallace. Dwight and Crash together... that would be a ridiculously fun duo to watch.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Again, you don't know if they'll end up with those players and, again, you don't know if they'll pan out at an NBA level. With Portland's luck in the draft I'd be extremely leery about building through picks if I was them.
    You realize Gerald Wallace will probably bolt this off season right? Thats why the Blazers were shopping him, because he's gonna peace out for a huge pay day.

Saw a basketball once

Lol portland will probably pick a player that will be crippled in 3 years but that doesn't mean they nets would do the same. It's still very dumb on the nets part.

So is this confirmed or are talks still going?

NBA lottery pick

But Wallace will leave in the summer unless the Nets pay him big dollars. So they are basically committed to make a run at the Bulls and Heat with Deron, Wallace, Lopez and a few rookies with absolutely NO cap flexibility. On the other hand you have the Mavs with their current roster (minus Terry) plus Deron in 2012/2013, plus a real owner that will have the capspace to sign Dwight Howard or any other free agent next summer.

The fact is they gave up a top pick for a 20 game rental in a season, where their only goal should be the lottery. That is beyond terrible. It

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    You realize Gerald Wallace will probably bolt this off season right? Thats why the Blazers were shopping him, because he's gonna peace out for a huge pay day.
    [QUOTE=R.I.P.]But Wallace will leave in the summer unless the Nets pay him big dollars. So they are basically committed to make a run at the Bulls and Heat with Deron, Wallace, Lopez and a few rookies with absolutely NO cap flexibility. On the other hand you have the Mavs with their current roster (minus Terry) plus Deron in 2012/2013, plus a real owner that will have the capspace to sign Dwight Howard or any other free agent next summer.

The fact is they gave up a top pick for a 20 game rental in a season, where their only goal should be the lottery. That is beyond terrible. It

College star

Like I said not even two posts ago, they could have got a better deal with tangible pieces and picks. These are just panic deals from both teams; Nets seeing that Dwight's staying in ORL and the Blazers getting trounced by 42 last night to an inferior Knicks squad in Woodson's coaching debut. Both teams had to do something or risk alienating their fanbase by standing pat.
    True that, true that.

You kidding? lol so you would give up Kidd-Gilchrist for Gerrald Wallace?

Anyway i agree with you about shipping him around like he is a scrub but they aren't getting peanuts for him, Charlotte did tho when they traded him last year.

If MKG comes out, he then has to show he's a better player than Gerald Wallace. Gerald Wallace is great. And they have Marshon Brooks. Even if MKG is better than Brooks, even if he's better than Wallace, he's not better than both. And it's a question of whether or not he plays the 3 or the 2 in the NBA. If it's the 2, I'm trusting that Brooks is gonna be an all-star (because that's my impression watching him).

Wallace is also immediate and even if MKG is better he's not gonna be better this season.

But it's still a bit risky...especially if the Nets remain this bad. But they've won games without Deron and they should be better than their current record, with their current roster. Add Lopez and they might not suck.

Tho if they give up this year's 1st round draft pick I would want Portland's...but that's obviously not gonna happen.

damn that draft pick is worth way more than the players they gave up. I was hoping the Lakers get wallace instead but Blazers did well if they get a lottery pick which they probably will.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    If MKG comes out, he then has to show he's a better player than Gerald Wallace. Gerald Wallace is great. And they have Marshon Brooks. Even if MKG is better than Brooks, even if he's better than Wallace, he's not better than both. And it's a question of whether or not he plays the 3 or the 2 in the NBA. If it's the 2, I'm trusting that Brooks is gonna be an all-star (because that's my impression watching him).

Wallace is also immediate and even if MKG is better he's not gonna be better this season.

But it's still a bit risky...especially if the Nets remain this bad. But they've won games without Deron and they should be better than their current record, with their current roster. Add Lopez and they might not suck.

Tho if they give up this year's 1st round draft pick I would want Portland's...but that's obviously not gonna happen.
    Lol what if he's not better than both? wtf does that have to do with anything id rather have kidd/brooks than wallace/brooks. And Wallace is 30 and has already had a long career while kidd is 20

Not a good deal for the nets they are now going to lose Deron and a potential star in this draft and be left with nothing.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Kidd Gilchrist > Wallace.. 10 years Younger Will be a Better Version of Wallace at very least.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Kidd Gilchrist > Wallace.. 10 years Younger Will be a Better Version of Wallace at very least.
    Yeah exaclty.

So is this a 100% done deal? please someone tell me the nets made that pick top 14 protected and not just top 3 lol.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Yeah exaclty.

So is this a 100% done deal? please someone tell me the nets made that pick top 14 protected and not just top 3 lol.
    It's only a top 3 protected pick. Although I firmly believe that David Stern will rigg the draft and give the Nets the first overall pick. (crosses fingers).

And yeah it's a done deal. I think the league has even approved it by now.

Lol what if he's not better than both? wtf does that have to do with anything id rather have kidd/brooks than wallace/brooks. And Wallace is 30 and has already had a long career while kidd is 20

Not a good deal for the nets they are now going to lose Deron and a potential star in this draft and be left with nothing.

I'm asking in that post you quoted is he gonna play the 3 or the 2. If he plays the 3, then I understand the Nets could have gone after him (for example, if he's available at their spot) and played him with Brooks. If he's more suited to being a 2guard (and I don't know his game enough to decide that) then I already have Brooks and I make another move. That's my point.

And if you're Deron, you have no interest in having a guy like Wallace? Deron Williams is a basketball player. He's not just waiting for names to show up. He wants a team. Gerald Wallace is an all-star caliber player.