Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Cody Zeller near unanimous All-America preseason pick

The biggest man on The Associated Press' preseason All-America team got the most votes.

Seven-foot sophomore center Cody Zeller, the main reason Indiana is the preseason No. 1 for the first time in 33 years, was one vote shy of being a unanimous selection for the preseason All-America team.

Zeller, who averaged 15.6 points and 6.6 rebounds while shooting 62.3 percent from the field, received 64 votes from the national media panel which selects the weekly Top 25.

Also on the team announced Monday were junior forwards Doug McDermott of Creighton and Deshaun Thomas of Ohio State and three guards -- seniors Isaiah Canaan of Murray State and C.J. McCollum of Lehigh and sophomore Trey Burke of Michigan.

-- Associated Press
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Cody Zeller near unanimous All-America preseason pick

3 "mid-major" players on the all-american team

The talent level next year is down right shit.

And I know McDermott and Canaan are returning all-americans. Still...
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
3 "mid-major" players on the all-american team

The talent level next year is down right shit.

And I know McDermott and Canaan are returning all-americans. Still...

i see where you're coming from, but tbh its a hangover from them all leading their teams to the tourney and performing well when they got there.

McDermott is actually a very good player, so to is Canaan, both NBA quality players. Im not so sure about McCollum though, I think he epitomizes the statement i made above. if anyone doesn't deserve to be there I think it's him
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Oh, I think McDermott deserves to be on there. He should be one of the favorites for the Naismith if his stats rise/stay the same. I mean, he ****ing shot 60 percent from the field, almost 50% from 3 at 23 ppg. Insane numbers for a player of his type (hybrid 3/4). Although he looked like a fat little kid playing with grown ups against UNC. They didn't really play anyone else with NBA post players last season.

Not completely buying the hype for Canaan. I see your train of thought for him.

I actually like McCollum as an NBA prospect more than Canaan. Better size, better defender, and better overall game imo. A bit inefficient though.

Zeller is the prohibitive favorite right now. No arguments there. Best player on the best team.

And the Thomas pick is a good one. After the Barnes stuff, no freshman is going to make it (although I'm curious about Wiggins next year since he's going to come in with LeBron hype). Could have gone with Moser there. Maybe Snaer or Porter? Not exactly a talented crop of forwards in college basketball next season.

So I'm not complaining about the picks. Just dissapointed in the lack of talent. Especially after last year with so much returning talent.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: