Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Go Spurs Go

Default Diana Taurasi could play in the NBA...

And so could a handful of other women.. no joke. Some of the WNBA girls are legit ballers...

ignore the fact that they are physically inferior.. because all that really matters is their overall BBall IQ which, safe to say, easily surpasses 90% of NBA Players, most of whom are more concerned with their stats, $$$, and women then winning a ballgame. (WNBA girls have the the Larry Bird effect of mind over matter)

Watch some WNBA games next year.. better yet, go actually attend some. Tickets are only like 10 bucks and you sit courtside/lower level.. you'll see what I see.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Diana Taurasi could play in the NBA...

No... just no, man.

No.

who would she guard in the nba.

Certified ISHiot.

OP, I hope you've got your flame suit ready.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    And so could a handful of other women.. no joke. Some of the WNBA girls are legit ballers...

ignore the fact that they are physically inferior.. because all that really matters is their overall BBall IQ which, safe to say, easily surpasses 90% of NBA Players, most of whom are more concerned with their stats, $$$, and women then winning a ballgame. (WNBA girls have the the Larry Bird effect of mind over matter)

Watch some WNBA games next year.. better yet, go actually attend some. Tickets are only like 10 bucks and you sit courtside/lower level.. you'll see what I see.

Reminds me of when people say the USC Trojans in their sweet years could beat the Lions.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    who would she guard in the nba.
    Diana could play the 3rd string PG for a quality team... like the Spurs or Lakers.. she'd defintely need to be in a quality system..

She wouldnt get many minutes, and probably would go a few games without playing.. but Im telling you, put a jersey on her back and she fits on a team's 12 man roster.

That's a pretty large fact we'd be ignoring here. I just cannot see how she or any other woman wouldn't be a huge liability on defense. Outmuscled for every rebound, not being able to defend a jumpshot as well due to not being as athletic, and would probably be dominated in the post if whoever she was guarding had some half decent post game. Offensively, maybe she could knock down a couple of shots, but she sure as hell ain't staying in the game too long.

I usually hit open layups

Diana could play the 3rd string PG for a quality team... like the Spurs or Lakers.. she'd defintely need to be in a quality system..

She wouldnt get many minutes, and probably would go a few games without playing.. but Im telling you, put a jersey on her back and she fits on a team's 12 man roster.
    You don't believe that... and you know you don't believe that.

I went to Ohio State and played with Katie Smith in college....[the best female baller I've ever played with] and I must say that it is not possible at all.

No.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

dizzle-2k7 is trolling hard

Go Spurs Go

Im guessing none of you saw any Phoenix Mercury games this past season.. Diana gots it all.. great shot, handles. IQ, passing, defense.. shes got stepbacks, in and outs, crossovers, hopsteps.. you name it ,shes got it..

Put her on a quality system under a quality coach and she can easily hold her own as a 3rd string PG.

Serious playground baller

she'd get dnp-coache's decision in the nbdl

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Tamika Catchings is a lot closer to being NBA capable physically.

Still, no she couldn't.

Banned

Im guessing none of you saw any Phoenix Mercury games this past season.. Diana gots it all.. great shot, handles. IQ, passing, defense.. shes got stepbacks, in and outs, crossovers, hopsteps.. you name it ,shes got it..

Put her on a quality system under a quality coach and she can easily hold her own as a 3rd string PG.
    those moves might have worked on wnba players, but on nba players who are faster, stronger, jump higher... yaa... good luck

Good High School Starter WuTangWizard's Avatar

if i could play in the wnba i would be signed by a team, no joke. and i wasn't even good enough to play on a high end division 1 team in college. she wouldn't last a second in the NBA you dumbass