Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

Default Richardson, Jeffries, Balkman, Chandler

What now?

- Richardson says he is felling a lot more agile now that the back problems are gone. That makes him more valuable.
- Balkman is getting better and better
- Chandler looks like he is ready physically and mentally, more then Balkman showed last year for example, and that can only mean good things.
- Jeffries, well... Isiah brougth James because he didn't thought Curry would avaiable, and he brougth Jeffries because he didn't thought Balkman would be a factor so soon. He is in a bad position, but i know Isiah will give him a chance.

I'm almost hoping for some not too serious injuries to happen, so everyone can play... or that we start collecting
wins, so that Isiah can rotate more the players, in back to back games for example.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: Richardson, Jeffries, Balkman, Chandler

Zeke has the whole summer to decide this.

I think in an instance that if he could get rid of the JJ's for anything he would.

They both stink.

Balkman is gonna play this season. I guarantee that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Right now there is a log jam at a lot of positions. Isiah is going to have to work that out by making a trade or cutting some descent players.

Q will start at the three. From what I understand Lee will see time at the 3, I guess it depends on who he has to defend.

We might see Jefferies play more 4/5 this year depending how how well Morris can play. We might see him traded but I think not.

Balkman will see time at the 3/4 and maybe even guard to defend against bigger guards.

Baring injuries I don't see Chandler and Nichols seeing much playing time.

It's something that has to unfold and may not work itself out until into the season. This type of situation puts pressure on players to step it up and perform otherwise they might be out of a job. That's a good thing, competition is good. Who wants it bad enough, who wants to work harder and play harder, they will get the job and the team will be more successful.

The down side is some of our more favorite players may not be here, but our team will be better. I liked Frye but he didn't do the job.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Frye was some doo-doo.

Kinda glad he is gone.

He might do OK in Portland.

Like I said last season, The Knicks could have gotten more if he been traded as a rook.

I saw no fire in that guy.

I know I'm guilty for bashing him every chance I got.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

people say we need to bring in another 3 but i disagree. people are saying that we should try to get another small. i think u have to wait and see if chandler can be an all-star player or close to that.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Chandler is already showing he is going to be something special and I'm not going off of STATS in summer league. I'm going off of what I see. Knowing basketball and playing for years, you kinda know what moves a guy can get away with in summer league and what moves will work in the pros. I'm impressed with Chandler and Nichols because not only can they take you off the dribble but the have that Step back jumper that is an NBA move. Summer League can be very deceiving. Guys like Nate are dropping buckets but I've seen a couple of reverse 360 layups and other playground nonsense that's gonna get tossed in the 3rd row if he tries it in a real NBA game. (and you know his hyper @$$ will). I agree with Brooklyn child. I feel safe developing chandler as our premier 3. (he's already showing he won't be the bad pick a lot of guys in here thought he'd be). I think we are in desperate need of a 2. I think we can trade Q and some pieces for Ray Allen. I think he'd be PERFECT for this Knick Franchise. Absolutely Perfect!!!!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think we can trade Q and some pieces for Ray Allen. I think he'd be PERFECT for this Knick Franchise. Absolutely Perfect!!!!

boston just traded for him to pair him up with pierce to compete for the east. no way they trade him, especially to the knicks
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #8
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Chandler is already showing he is going to be something special and I'm not going off of STATS in summer league. I'm going off of what I see. Knowing basketball and playing for years, you kinda know what moves a guy can get away with in summer league and what moves will work in the pros. I'm impressed with Chandler and Nichols because not only can they take you off the dribble but the have that Step back jumper that is an NBA move. Summer League can be very deceiving. Guys like Nate are dropping buckets but I've seen a couple of reverse 360 layups and other playground nonsense that's gonna get tossed in the 3rd row if he tries it in a real NBA game. (and you know his hyper @$$ will). I agree with Brooklyn child. I feel safe developing chandler as our premier 3. (he's already showing he won't be the bad pick a lot of guys in here thought he'd be). I think we are in desperate need of a 2. I think we can trade Q and some pieces for Ray Allen. I think he'd be PERFECT for this Knick Franchise. Absolutely Perfect!!!!

I don't think a lot of people really bashed the Chandler pick. If you check the thread, it seems like everyone's basically kinda like "well I'd rather have Morris Almond or Derrick Byars but I trust Isiah because he's shown that he knows what he's doing"

But I agree with everything else, I almost don't even want to trade for Artest anymore because I think Chandler will eventually be a better player.

I'm very happy with our roster now, and the only trade I would accept with open arms is a trade for Kevin Garnett...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: